Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    If you granted yourself omniscience, you would immediately regret that wish.
    I don't think so, considering the state of the world it would more likely be like giving yourself infinite resources in an RTS to upgrade everything. Once you had fixed everything I think you would find life boring, then again you would know how to create life and just continue the cycle.

Immortality (remain youthful)
    1 Trillion Pounds
    Mind Control

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    I don't think so, considering the state of the world it would more likely be like giving yourself infinite resources in an RTS to upgrade everything. Once you had fixed everything I think you would find life boring, then again you would know how to create life and just continue the cycle.
    But then you would find that boring too, since you are omniscient you already know how each cycle is going to play out and end before you even created it.

And since you brought up the game cheat analogy, at least you can quit the game in boredom. Once you become omniscient how do you quit that other than killing yourself.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    Mind Control
    Even God realized without people having freewill it would be a pretty pointless exercise in being... well God.

I'm curious how old some people are here. Don't seem to have thought out their choices very well.

Also anything where you can control other people comes off as quite... rapey.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-04-05 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    But then you would find that boring too, since you are omniscient you already know how each cycle is going to play out and end before you even created it.
    I think it depends on the person, knowing everything has no bearing on your morality. A pessimistic know it all probably wouldn't bother doing anything but hang themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Even God realized without people having freewill it would be a pretty pointless exercise in being... well God.

I'm curious how old some people are here. Don't seem to have thought out their choices very well.
    Mind control has no other benefit but malevolent uses, anyone that pretends they would use it for good is a liar.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand the invincibility wishes. At short glance it would seem like a good idea, but if you think for a second, it's more of a curse.

If for example a super plague wipes out all life on earth, you'd be the last one remaining. You'd go insane in less than 100 years, most likely. Then imagine the next 1 million, or 1000 billion years. If you're invincible, you couldn't even kill yourself.

Or if a world destroying meteor or a rogue planet hits earth (Which could happen within tens to a few billion of years) and flings you and everything else into space where you would move and spin at lightning speed for eternity, possibly into a black hole within 5 million years where there would be no escape.

Or when our sun grows into a red giant and disintegrates earth. You'd be alive then too, if the planet even exists when that happens :b

Then there's about 100 other horror scenarios that will most definitely happen sooner or later what you would most definitely not want to experience first hand, let alone survive them.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I found that wishes involving eternity or all-power are never good.

I think it depends on the person, knowing everything has no bearing on your morality. A pessimistic know it all probably wouldn't bother doing anything but hang themselves.
    I don't know what morality has to do with it. Once you become omniscient you sort of trascend that. I just say that trying to create new life and cycles to keep yourself not bored is an exercise in futility since you already know everything that's going to happen.
    Last edited by corebit; 2016-04-05 at 04:03 AM.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    - Keeper Annals

Mind control has no other benefit but malevolent uses, anyone that pretends they would use it for good is a liar.
    Yea editted my post to clarify that any power that controls someone else is basically them being a magical rapist.

Which does make you wonder based on some of the postings here of people who are wanting to be superheroes would actually turn out to be supervillains....

As for the omniscience stuff:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...state-now-what!

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    Being truly divine is incomprehensible for most people. Once you transcend human limitations, you realize how irrelevant most of our desires/ambitions are.

• We'd no longer age
    • We'd no longer be born or die (if we wished to create another being we could just will it, although it would be meaningless at that point)
    • We'd have no fear, anger, greed, etc.
    • We'd have no need for food, rest, oxygen, etc.
    • We'd lose our individuality (we'd all have the exact same knowledge/feelings or lack thereof/thoughts/etc.)
    • We'd have no need to communicate with each other anymore (we'd basically be a hive-mind as we'd all be on the exact same wavelength)
    • We'd know everything including the past and future
    • We'd view everything in a robotic fashion, with no regard for meaningless actions ("fun" is born of selfish desires to entertain oneself which we'd be above if we were truly divine)

Think of characters like Spock or Dr. Manhattan only to a MUCH higher degree.

Without something to drive us (goals, usually born out of need or desire) "life" would become meaningless. Humans are driven to constantly improve (think the anime TTGL). Once we achieved divinity, there'd be nothing left. The journey would be over. If you've ever reached a goal you've worked long and hard for you've got a small taste of that bittersweetness (you finally have what you wanted all along, but now what?).

Also anything where you can control other people comes off as quite... rapey.
    God? You do realize not everyone believes in such an entity?

I'd use my mind control powers for many reasons, some personal benefit, some for the benefit of what I believe the greater good.

I don't give two hoots what you think of my wishes

I'd use my mind control powers for many reasons, some personal benefit, some for the benefit of what I believe the greater good.

I'm not saying everyone believes in God, I'm making the point that even this almighty being that literally is everything a lot of people here want to be realized that control over others makes his own existence fruitless.

"Many reasons" you say. "What I believe is the greater good".

Sure ok

There is no reason to have mind control if you could have wished for anything, its entirely personal gain and its more then likely sexual in nature. You could have said what I did which was to make everyone moral and honest without ever being able to change. Instead you want to manipulate people to do things you want which pretty much sums up what you want.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    1) The ability to be invincible for as long as I choose. It would be pretty rough floating for billions of years, eventually getting sucked into a black hole unable to die, LONG after everything in the universe is dead. That's why you need to specify that you are invincible for as long as you choose to be.

2) The ability to grant myself abilities based solely on my imagination.

3) That the lamp be passed on next to my best friend. lol. We would then just pass it back and forth after 2 wishes forever.

My next wishes would be

The ability to make my favorite game/movie/show/book a reality. I would spend millions of years doing that.

I'm not saying everyone believes in God, I'm making the point that even this almighty being that literally is everything a lot of people here want to be realized that control over others makes his own existence fruitless.

"Many reasons" you say. "What I believe is the greater good".

Sure ok
    You 'making your point' involves mentioning religious entities that not everyone believes in? Sure.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no reason to have mind control if you could have wished for anything, its entirely personal gain and its more then likely sexual in nature. You could have said what I did which was to make everyone moral and honest without ever being able to change. Instead you want to manipulate people to do things you want which pretty much sums up what you want.
    With 1 trillion pounds, sexual desire would be the last thing on my mind for mind control.

You 'making your point' involves mentioning religious entities that not everyone believes in? Sure.
    You are missing the point because of whatever "I don't believe in God" stuff you are stuck on.

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post

That's why I say I would put the magic lamp back and not wish anything in the first place.
    Making wishes (the genie type) is a giant trap.
    If you are greedy you eventually reach the "now what?" phase, and be forever tortured by your decision.
    The original moral of the genie story is that you should be happy with what you have.
    - Keeper Annals

15+ Year Old Account
    1. A ridiculous sum of money, with all legal stuff settled.
    2. Be immune to disease and acts of violence.
    3. Near-perfect memory.

Deleted
    1) Omnipotence
    2) Omniscience

No need for the third wish, I'd fulfill any wish I can think of for myself after that.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-04-05 at 04:19 AM.

1) David Cameron getting eaten by a giant goldfish monster (exists if i wish for it boys)
    2) Wealth
    3) More decent RPGs getting released

10+ Year Old Account
    1.) Wish that there was no backfiring or anti-wish intent granted by the Genie, and that all future wishes will be granted in full with desired intent.
    2.) Wish that there was no restriction on how many wishes I could be granted.
    3.) Wish for infinite wishes.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol