Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Post New guild ranking site, need some feedback

WoW Guild Rank is now updated for Legion

http://wowguildrank.com

Some guilds are already updated but you can add your guild too.

Basic Summary:
    The primary focus of this website is to compare your guild members to each other or see where you rank on a certain realm.
    Unlike other websites that rank world first guild progression, we mostly focus on individual ranking and stat rankings and they include the following:
    • Equipped iLvL
    • Average iLvL
    • Achievement Points
    • Personal Emerald Nightmare LFR, Normal, Heroic & Mythic Progression
    • Personal Trial of Valor LFR, Normal, Heroic & Mythic Progression
    • Personal Nighthold LFR, Normal, Heroic & Mythic Progression
    • Artifact Power Gains, Weapon iLvL, Level, Knowledge
    • Equipped Legendary Count
    • Raid Experience
    • Progression Score
    • Honor Kills
    • Rated Battleground & Arena Rating, Games Played/Lost/Won: Weekly & Season

Also offering some guild free web hosting with a *.wowguild.site subdomain. Msg me if you want your guild website hosted.

Feel free to ask me here for help or bug reporting.

Also if you have any feature requests let me know

Thx
    Last edited by Azotorp; 2016-11-15 at 04:05 AM.

Deleted
    Why is it called wow guild rank if it focuses on individuals?

because its about your rank in the guild, but there will be ways to rank a guild by average item level, progression score and other stats, but its primary focus is the guild and it's members.

Stats I collect per guild is something like:

Total Members
    Achievement Points
    Average Achievement Points & From Top 20
    Average iLvL & Top 20
    Average RBG Rating
    Average Arena Rating
    Average hk's
    Unique Visits Today
    Unique Visits Week
    Unique Visits Month
    Unique Visits Lifetime
    Total Visits Lifetime

and more
    Last edited by Azotorp; 2016-04-04 at 08:49 AM.

Not sure how you parse your data, but:
    1. My char is on "The Maelstrom" EU - I have noticed you only have people there from "The Brigade" guild.
    2. My guild is on "Deathwing" (same connected group). You have multiple guilds showing there, including mine.
    => I cannot find my character and I cannot think of a way to add it, as you can only add guilds and, as I have said, the guild exists but on another realm from the group.

For sure you are missing a lot of people due to this.

have you checked to see if your guild is listed on the realm that the guild was created on? It supports connected realms, but you have to scan a guild from the realm it was made on, if your toon is on a diff realm but the guild is part of the main realm, you will still be added.

Check http://wowguildrank.com/roster/eu/Deathwing

That shows all toons on Deathwing.

Later on I plan to have a drop down to support listing all guilds from one connected realm, but gain you are there, just have to search your guilds main realm
    Last edited by Azotorp; 2016-04-04 at 10:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Visually unappealing when first landing on the mainpage.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    again: "Please note that the UI & look is not final and will be fixed or changed on a later date."

But please give me more details.

The main index page will soon showcase the most visited guilds, recently updated etc.

Seems to be a bit buggy with Cross Realm Servers, My Guild appears under Dentarg (EU) But is also on Tarren Mill (EU) and the site ignores anyone who isn't on dentarg from the looks of it as can't even find myself on the guild list when sorting by ilvl

15+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas EU isn't in the list of realms?
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Robzombi View Post
    have you checked to see if your guild is listed on the realm that the guild was created on? It supports connected realms, but you have to scan a guild from the realm it was made on, if your toon is on a diff realm but the guild is part of the main realm, you will still be added.

Check http://wowguildrank.com/roster/eu/Deathwing

That shows all toons on Deathwing.

Later on I plan to have a drop down to support listing all guilds from one connected realm, but gain you are there, just have to search your guilds main realm
    this is what i am complaining abou. My char does not show. Check guild Arcadia on Deathwing, char name Kaftoy-The Maelstrom.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Forgot to mention, that most of the EU realms are still currently being queried.
    Currently on EU-Khaz Modan, it updates at about 6 to 10 players per second, there is currently 21535 out of 31064 guilds that are fully updated.
    There is aproxx 9529 guilds in the queue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    this is what i am complaining abou. My char does not show. Check guild Arcadia on Deathwing, char name Kaftoy-The Maelstrom.
    so this might be an armory error:
    I see http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightnings-blade/Kaftoy/simple
    and http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Kaftoy/simple

Seems to be a problem there

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Kaftoy/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Kaftoy/simple

No, both these characteres exist (no problem with the WoW Armory, I really do have 2 dks with the same name in the same guild, same connected group). Both are members of Arcadia-Deathiwing-EU. But none of them appear on the roster of Arcadia when I check your website.

Deleted
    Hi,

The website name is misleading as Nakloh said. Think about more specific name if you want to focus on "compare your guild members to each other". Examples: Guild Comp, Guild Stats, Your Guild Rank, Your Wow Rank, Guild Manager, ect.

I see some cool features and benefits.
    Idea for managing guild stuff like raid leading and raid spots.
    As a guild master I want to know, who have highest iLevel, who was most active at last raid/raids, and compere the palyers raid experience.
    Having such a information i can Comp raid team or I can manage the spots including most experienced and active players.
    Also would be nice to have some informations about lacks in gear. Example: Some player is missing enchants or gems. You can notify via icon, or percentage, if someone is missing item, enchant or gem. The guild master can compere all mebers and check whos 100% perfectly geared and whos not.

Having a website with only statistics is nothing new. But having some proper information about players to support raid leaders or guild masters, thats way better idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    The website is looking decent.
    One major thing I'm missing is responsiveness. When I inspected the website in Chrome, and toggled Device Mode, the entire menu vanished.
    Maybe center a few things, and place the information in a centered <div>? Some of the text is difficult to read on the dark background.

Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    Thank you btw for pointing this out, I managed to fix my code and your char's should be updated soon. The bug was having 2 char of the exact name in the same guild. Normally you wouldnt think thats possible, but then again I do not play on any connected realm.

Soon I will have a system to pick a guild from a list of realms based on their connection. For now just select the realm the guild resides on.

You have prob found my biggest bug in the code, and it has potentially fixed over 9000 guilds that I already have completed updating.
    Thank you!

EDIT: check now: http://wowguildrank.com/roster/eu/Deathwing/Arcadia it shows both your toons now!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zubaja View Post
    The website is looking decent.
    One major thing I'm missing is responsiveness. When I inspected the website in Chrome, and toggled Device Mode, the entire menu vanished.
    Maybe center a few things, and place the information in a centered <div>? Some of the text is difficult to read on the dark background.
    Thx, I plan to do a complete UI overhaul. CSS and Html in general is not my strongest skills, mostly PHP. Main priority atm is to get the backend code working 100% and get the features finished

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neshama View Post
    Hi,

The website name is misleading as Nakloh said. Think about more specific name if you want to focus on "compare your guild members to each other". Examples: Guild Comp, Guild Stats, Your Guild Rank, Your Wow Rank, Guild Manager, ect.

I see some cool features and benefits.
    Idea for managing guild stuff like raid leading and raid spots.
    As a guild master I want to know, who have highest iLevel, who was most active at last raid/raids, and compere the palyers raid experience.
    Having such a information i can Comp raid team or I can manage the spots including most experienced and active players.
    Also would be nice to have some informations about lacks in gear. Example: Some player is missing enchants or gems. You can notify via icon, or percentage, if someone is missing item, enchant or gem. The guild master can compere all mebers and check whos 100% perfectly geared and whos not.

Having a website with only statistics is nothing new. But having some proper information about players to support raid leaders or guild masters, thats way better idea.
    Thx for the input, I will prob do that at some point.
    Eventually I might find the perfect domain but then again I might also use the site to rank guilds in general but not in a progression race ranking, more statistical ranking with ilvl, achievements etc
    Last edited by Azotorp; 2016-04-04 at 12:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Yes, font very small but the Cry-for-cash-button double as big....
    And it should be called Character Rank site as it only ranks toons and not also guilds like http://www.wowprogress.com does.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Yes, font very small but the Cry-for-cash-button double as big....
    And it should be called Character Rank site as it only ranks toons and not also guilds like http://www.wowprogress.com does.
    Servers don't come cheap, also there are no ads. The site is far from finished. Guild ranking will be implemented soon, have to collect data first

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty sweet and I'm sure it will be very useful once you have it all up and running properly.
    Only thing I'd say is the font in the drop down menu is difficult to read. I wouldn't have the drop menus transparent as you can see the guild stats through it and it makes it confusing to read. Also the font in the drop menus would be easier to see in bold text I reckon, or a different font.

Good Luck mate! I'm sure you'll update your progress here?
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Why is it called wow guild rank if it focuses on individuals?
    The name of the thread nor the name of the site reflect the content on there.

As for the site unless you update toons/guilds without players having to do it the information provided will always be an incomplete picture of guild ranking on anything. This is a big issue on sites like guildox too. If somebody doesn't manually search for toons guilds the info is never added. This is true to a much lesser degree on wowprogress they will continue to update toons/guilds once added if they are staying active.

Having a theme you can pick is a nice idea, but only switching from blue font to red and vice versa isn't much.

Having the drop down menus actually change when you select a different option or a filter button would be nice, I am sure that is something being worked on though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    I found a few servers that weren't you just have to load up some guilds from it and they will pop up.

- - - Updated - - -

Being able to look at info from other guilds at once or compare would be nice. Knowing how people in one guild match up to each other on a list of statistics isn't extremely useful.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Neetz View Post
    Looks pretty sweet and I'm sure it will be very useful once you have it all up and running properly.
    Only thing I'd say is the font in the drop down menu is difficult to read. I wouldn't have the drop menus transparent as you can see the guild stats through it and it makes it confusing to read. Also the font in the drop menus would be easier to see in bold text I reckon, or a different font.

Good Luck mate! I'm sure you'll update your progress here?
    thx, yea ill keep this thread updated for any new changes and features