Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Promdates View Post
    Are your co-tanks focusing their add the entire time, while only taunting Xhul for when their cast goes off?
    That's what myself and our Bear does. We just taunt on Srikes. We had a DK previously who's now left, that refused to do that and instead insisted on taunting after the color change, which made overaggroing a massive problem. Taunting on the actual Strike means you only ever have to worry about add threat, and assuming you don't proc trinket right as Ominous spawns you're shiny. To make it easier you can macro your taunt to target Xhul (@focus, @Whatever), so you can just press taunt as the strike goes off on your bossmod.

Just be careful when one of the big adds die, as you can get two Strikes of the same color in a row and by doing it as we do you kind of go into autopilot a bit. It makes the fight fairly easy, in my opinion. Tanking it on 2fps on my laptop keeps it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by kirielle View Post
    That's what toggling Righteous Fury is for.

I have a fairly good co-tank, so I was bit surprised and bummed when we had threat issues, but RF toggling fixed it. I toggle it off when Omnus spawns and then back on when Omnus is near death, although most of the time I would probably be fine never turning it on again in the fight.
    Anyone who doesn't do this is overcomplicating things. Just turn RF off. It's fine. Your taunt will hold Xhul for the full duration of Fel Strike's castbar, I promise, and if you did it right you have enough of a threat lead on Vanguard that he dies before you lose him.

Well I pretty much love LoV, but I use the heirloom trinket with iskar to go full survival and prevent aggro issues, other day the trinket procced when omnus spawned... that was a pain, if I can prevent that shit from happening I dont see a reason to use LoV (I know it helps with dps and other stuff, but the boss pretty much die in less than 3 minutes now with everyone overgeared... so whatever)

Quote Originally Posted by gregstafelam View Post
    Well I pretty much love LoV, but I use the heirloom trinket with iskar to go full survival and prevent aggro issues, other day the trinket procced when omnus spawned... that was a pain, if I can prevent that shit from happening I dont see a reason to use LoV (I know it helps with dps and other stuff, but the boss pretty much die in less than 3 minutes now with everyone overgeared... so whatever)
    WuE > heirloom trinket for survival tho

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    WuE > heirloom trinket for survival tho
    On some bosses thats true, but not all, Xhul being a demon with the heirloom trinket its better than WuE

BTW I think we are going a bit Off Topic with that current trinkets discussion xD
    Last edited by gregstafelam; 2016-04-05 at 04:35 AM.

Xhul being a demon
    ? Thought he was an amalgamation or somesuch

Quote Originally Posted by OrcinusDrake View Post
    ? Thought he was an amalgamation or somesuch

Sorry, I meant 1 of his adds xD

Since I tank Akkelion it works very well
    Last edited by gregstafelam; 2016-04-05 at 05:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I meant 1 of his adds xD

Since I tank Akkelion it works very well
    Why would you even need that trinket as cooldown on Akkelion?
    One cooldown is enough for every Flurry. It goes like this for me: 1. Ring 2. DP 3. GoAK 4. DP 5. AD+WoG if I get too low 6. DP (but he's usually dead by that point)
    Obviously, DP is unglyphed, and I sometimes ask for monk's bubble on 5th just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Why would you even need that trinket as cooldown on Akkelion?
    One cooldown is enough for every Flurry. It goes like this for me: 1. Ring 2. DP 3. GoAK 4. DP 5. AD+WoG if I get too low 6. DP (but he's usually dead by that point)
    Obviously, DP is unglyphed, and I sometimes ask for monk's bubble on 5th just to be safe.
    Like I said before, with LoV lies the problem of proccing sometimes on the worst moment, I agree that LoV is a gain in both survival and DPS, I just go with the heirloom to prevent that kind of situation (just after Omnus spawn and other tank not generating enough aggro), I pretty much go for any resource that can cover the possible flaws of my co-tank and the group in general (tired of wipes for silly stuff ;/).

Well I pretty much love LoV, but I use the heirloom trinket with iskar
    Why even play Prot Paladin if you're not going to use LoV on Iskar of all bosses. This is painful to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusoya View Post
    Why even play Prot Paladin if you're not going to use LoV on Iskar of all bosses. This is painful to me.
    Iskar trinket* (Anzu's Cursed Plume).
    I was not talking about his encounter.
    Sorry for not being clear enough, I was a bit sleepy
    Last edited by gregstafelam; 2016-04-05 at 06:55 PM.

Iskar trinket* (Anzu's Cursed Plume).
    Whoops, yeah I misunderstood.

On-topic: personally in raid testing I've found Prot to be enjoyable enough. Definitely moreso than Blood and Guardian, at least. Still seems to early to tell, but I'm coming around to the Judgment/Crit style of gameplay, even if it does make 3 charges of SotR inefficient to juggle.

I still find prot mind numbingly boring, especially considering that depending on boss's hitbox our top dps rotation can consist of 1 button -.-

GUardians seem just slightly less boring that prot, albeit they do have some maintenance debuffs to maintain, and the ability to balance affinity is appreciated (was actually fairly useful on the heart boss). Rly wish i'd have access to WAs so that i didn't need to look at my action bar constantly + timers, to see how well you can form dance as a guardian.

edit : #10001 #WeDidItReddit

Quote Originally Posted by Fusoya View Post
    Whoops, yeah I misunderstood.

On-topic: personally in raid testing I've found Prot to be enjoyable enough. Definitely moreso than Blood and Guardian, at least. Still seems to early to tell, but I'm coming around to the Judgment/Crit style of gameplay, even if it does make 3 charges of SotR inefficient to juggle.
    <_< "enjoyable enough" cause that's really what we should aim for?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by YourPalFleisch View Post
    At this point, yes. The direction for tanking seems set, what we aim for has always been irrelevant to Blizzard design choice. Tanking as I see it in Legion will be a state of "well I don't hate it but I don't enjoy it either." Bland and neutral, something you're assigned to do, like taking roll call.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by YourPalFleisch View Post
    They've reduced all tanks to mindless faceroll for the most part. Even Blood, which at its core should have some complexity due to the nature of its play style, has again been reduced to faceroll. From what little testing I did on the PvP realm before they disabled the dungeon queue, Prot was certainly more enjoyable with a fully fleshed out artifact weapon, FWIW.

10+ Year Old Account
    If ALL the tanks are dull AF, I'm hoping that they'll give us all a pass at some point, possibly just before/after beta and make them all a bit more interesting.

There's already a shortage of tanks. Don't bore the few that have stuck around so much they reroll.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Side note - Reaching the 100% uptime on sotr point was very easy, i maintain it on most bosses with 60% crit and 20% haste, REALLY hoping that gets a massive scaling change to require alot more of both

- - - Updated - - -

Also double side note - painful truths makes my willy excited

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    If ALL the tanks are dull AF, I'm hoping that they'll give us all a pass at some point, possibly just before/after beta and make them all a bit more interesting.

There's already a shortage of tanks. Don't bore the few that have stuck around so much they reroll.
    The faceroll isn't something a "pass" can fix. It's their core mechanics. They're all a button or two for damage, one button for AM, two buttons for CDs and some random-ass filler of varying usefulness. Outside of Brewmaster, there's no real meaningful interaction between buttons. It's just press X > Press Y > Is Z off CD? > Press Z

I believe the changes they've made has been their idea to combat the shortage of tanks. Which really rustles my jimmies because it's the stupidest thing I think I've ever witnessed in my life. The issue with a lack of tanks has never been complexity because let's face it, none of the tank classes are particularly complex and neither is tanking for the most part. The thing swaying people away from tanking is the position it puts you in. You're essentially the "leader" of a group for the most part in dungeons, as well as in a raiding environment if you fuck up it's usually a wipe. Casual babbies don't want that responsibility. They just want to hit things and jerk off.

I've put more hours into the Alpha then I'd like to admit at this point and most of it has been spent on tank classes. Once the "so shiny, so new!" luster wears away it quickly sinks in just how boring they are to play. I really do think dumbing the tank classes down is going to do far, far more harm than good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepelio View Post
    Also double side note - painful truths makes my willy excited
    Side note - the word willy is great and more people should use it.
    Last edited by mmoc3982adc87f; 2016-04-06 at 07:37 PM.

I just hate that prot atm you can literally macro sotr/lotp into everything