Thread: Black Desert

Page 89 of 137 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    The nihilum dudes get killed by being isolated. Their party is majoritarily ranged. All the opponents have to do is isolate the squishy ones first, kill them, then rince and repeat with everybody else. It's strategy. Their opponents are brilliant. Nihilum thought they could faceroll because it was a 5v3, only realizing too late their mistake.

This was skill, not gear.
    Bruh they have 1v1's happen all over the place and again people are still getting 2shot.

It's not skill, its gear.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Bruh they have 1v1's happen all over the place and again people are still getting 2shot.

It's not skill, its gear.
    Nope. Nihilum players are 55, it's safe to assume they're min/maxed. But Witch versus Sorceress? I mean common, it's clear the sorceress will own the Witch. As a matter of fact Witch is horrible in 1v1. They're just so squishy - I know, I play one.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Bought a guest pass from someone for 1k ingame on WoW. Thank god it works. Can't wait to play!! =)
    Congratulation Enjoy your stay, hopefully you won't become addicted like I did!

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    What is Node management? Is that a mining thing? Also what is fishing like?
    You have to unlock a network of nodes that connect every cities and some specific area so you can send workers there to gather specific materials for you. Depending on whom you send, you can also get rare gathers that are used in high-end crafting.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I never understood why asian MMOs were so obsessed with providing you with such limited armor options and forcing you to pay if you want to look different from the rest of your class.
    Because that's how you make f2p game profitable?

Deleted
    I realize you're not really interested in understanding a game concept. Sand-park? 6 attractions? Now I just understood why you're having such a hard time in this game.

• Gathering
    • Processing
    • Node Management
    • Taming
    • Fishing
    • Workers
    • Training
    • Hunting
    • Cooking
    • Knowledge hunt
    • Mobs Farming
    • Scrolls farming
    • World bosses
    • Guild PvP
    • Horse Breeding + Horse leveling system
    • Trading
    • Contribution Points farming
    • Exploration
    • Gear progression
    • And probably a lot of stuff I forgot.

6 attractions? Who are you trying to mislead here?

Honestly, it just sounds as if you're angry at being unable to stand your ground against a few people who fights for some highly competitive mobs. Unless you're +10 everywhere, a +15 won't kill you without a fight, unless you're bad. And to get to +15, you need to farm mobs outside of these elites.
    Wtf man like half the things you mentioned are the same activity split into different parts.
    How is mob farming an activity? Using your logic I could write an essay about WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Wtf man like half the things you mentioned are the same activity split into different parts.
    How is mob farming an activity? Using your logic I could write an essay about WoW.
    Mobs farming is an activity itself. In wow, it's a mean to an end. In BDO, it's literraly an activity that you do without quests. Mobs farming existed in early wow but died past wotlk.
    Google Diversity Memo

10+ Year Old Account
    Mobs farming is an activity itself. In wow, it's a mean to an end. In BDO, it's literraly an activity that you do without quests. Mobs farming existed in early wow but died past wotlk.
    Gotta round up them undead near Uthers tomb for that xp and cloth! Sometimes I miss those days.. sometimes. I'm much more of a mob grinder than a quester. Which is really freaking weird, I find myself doing a crap ton of quests in BDO haha. I just end up clearing out the wild life like a tornado as I move along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Gotta round up them undead near Uthers tomb for that xp and cloth! Sometimes I miss those days.. sometimes. I'm much more of a mob grinder than a quester. Which is really freaking weird, I find myself doing a crap ton of quests in BDO haha. I just end up clearing out the wild life like a tornado as I move along.
    I've never had fun grinding mobs before, but in BDO it's relaxing for some reason. Since there's no "kill x then complete quests" once you start the grind, there's a sort of peace in not having to min/max it (in wow, if it's kill 10, I make sure to dodge any mobs over that number).
    Google Diversity Memo

Started over again with a new Valkyrie. The weird thing is I log into the game, her hair is red, I log out, her hair is black, I play for a while and go to log out and it shows her hair as red again. What is up with that? I picked black hair with brown tips and no red in it. Is that a bug?

Secondly, I made the mistake of fighting monsters. Moments later (I swear it's only been a few minutes, right?) my character is level 9. I think, how the h e double hockey sticks did that happen? I look at the clock. Two hours have gone by. Wait, what?

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    He was just grasping at straws, I imagine the dude realizes when you break shit down like this you can make other games like wow look like they have a kajillion things to do.

I still find it hilarious that he put exploration on there. Got a unique sandbox feature right there, wandering around aimlessly in an open world. Totally can't do that in a "theme park" mmo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by N1ppe View Post
    Blade and soul is surprisingly nothing like black desert in this regard. There are cash shop outfits but there are far more outfits to be earned in the game. And frankly the in game ones are better imo than the cash shop ones.

That game somehow manages to be profitable while having what looks like one of if not thee least scumbaggy cash shop I've seen out of a korean game. Who knew it was possible to be profitable in an actual f2p game (not b2p like bdo) while not having a scumbag cash shop.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    He was just grasping at straws, I imagine the dude realizes when you break shit down like this you can make other games like wow look like they have a kajillion things to do.

I still find it hilarious that he put exploration on there. Got a unique sandbox feature right there, wandering around aimlessly in an open world. Totally can't do that in a "theme park" mmo.
    That said though, there is little reason to wander the open world in a theme park game. Everything of value are in instances ...
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

It's a buy to play game this version though, so literally having to pay more cash for any decent looking costume (and it costs as much as the damn game!!) is my BIGGEST issue with the damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    That said though, there is little reason to wander the open world in a theme park game. Everything of value are in instances ...
    There's little reason to wander the open world in bdo as well, or in most games for that matter unless they're specifically designed for it. BDO isn't on rails but there's definitely dirt paths that people are commonly found treading.

Also your back! You never responded to my post :P

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's little reason to wander the open world in bdo as well, or in most games for that matter unless they're specifically designed for it. BDO isn't on rails but there's definitely dirt paths that people are commonly found treading.

Also your back! You never responded to my post :P
    BDO doesn't have instances, everything of value is in the world, you have to wander it to progress.

As for your other post, I take it you want more challenging mobs/boss ... that's all I got from it. Didn't have much to add (and I only skimmed it as your post was so long and I was too tired arguing with knuckleheads on the FFXIV megathread), so I didn't reply.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

15+ Year Old Account
    But BDO is not f2p it is b2p.
    Last edited by Gutler; 2016-04-05 at 01:46 PM.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Blade and soul is surprisingly nothing like black desert in this regard. There are cash shop outfits but there are far more outfits to be earned in the game. And frankly the in game ones are better imo than the cash shop ones.

That game somehow manages to be profitable while having what looks like one of if not thee least scumbaggy cash shop I've seen out of a korean game. Who knew it was possible to be profitable in an actual f2p game (not b2p like bdo) while not having a scumbag cash shop.
    Grasping at straw? Says the person who compares BDO with BnS. Could your argument be more ridiculous? I've spent over a hundred hours in BnS and got True Pirate maxed on weapon. These games are world apart - BnS is all about combat, nothing else. It's ridden with instances and it's sickly linear. BDO have everything - the combat might not have the same depth as BnS, but on every single other point BDO literally own BnS.

And yes, exploration is a sandbox feature because you're rewarded for doing so. Contrarily to almost every theme park out there, exploring rewards you with hidden treasure, hidden knowledge (that impact your gameplay by rewarding you energy), rare materials, elite mobs, fishing hot spots, hidden NPCs. In fact you're encouraged to explore. Some of these used to happen in WoW, but now it's so linear that you have no reason to go off the beaten path. But then again, WoW used to be more sandbox than themepark.

Aimlessly? Got a good laugh out of it. Seriously mate, BDO is not for you. Go back to BnS or something more in tune with your type of game.

And this ^
    Google Diversity Memo

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Baconeggcheese

OK, just read it - figured I at least owe you the courtesy.

You want instance content that is skill based and soloable - but you can get help if you are having trouble; up to a cap.

I think the reason people are against it is because they feel it's a slide towards WoW ... which they are playing this game to escape.

Personally I don't see a problem - ignoring the everyone is in their own little instance resulting in a dead empty open world problem.

That said though, as you yourself have admitted, this game isn't particularly skill based. It's gear, time spent and resource management based. Some people might want to keep it that way because it's what they enjoy. If you want super challenging content that players have to beat by razor thin margins ... it cannot have exclusives because the aforementioned people won't want to be forced to do them.

BDO doesn't have instances, everything of value is in the world, you have to wander it to progress.
    Last I checked you wander theme parks to progress as well.

They just have instances on top of the world content, though apparently bdo gets some instanced content in a future patch.

As for your other post, I take it you want more challenging mobs/boss ... that's all I got from it. Didn't have much to add (and I only skimmed it as your post was so long and I was too tired arguing with knuckleheads on the FFXIV megathread), so I didn't reply.
    Fair nuff.

I kinda miss FF, I enjoyed derping around in it. If I wasn't so invested in wow I'd probably be more inclined to pick it up.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last I checked you wander theme parks to progress as well.

They just have instances on top of the world content, though apparently bdo gets some instanced content in a future patch.

Fair nuff.

I kinda miss FF, I enjoyed derping around in it. If I wasn't so invested in wow I'd probably be more inclined to pick it up.
    Note: I wrote a reply to your long post above.

The thing with theme park open worlds ... you go through them once ... than almost never again. The open world is just another theme park attraction. You ride it once then move on.

Some theme park MMOs are more guilty of this than others.

The poster child of such MMOs is WoW. Zones within the expansion ... most of them are abandoned and pointless at level cap.

FFXIV at least makes some attempt to re-use them via it's daily treasure maps and hunts, have new quests take place in old locations, as well as having you run around the world for said quests - not really a problem thanks to it's teleport system. It helps it feel less like a theme park attraction and more like a real place.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2016-04-05 at 01:58 PM.

Sorry I tried to chop this down as I went, especially that one section... but I guess I'm just a rambler.

@Baconeggcheese
    OK, just read it - figured I at least owe you the courtesy.
    You want instance content that is skill based and soloable - but you can get help if you are having trouble; up to a cap.
    I think the reason people are against it is because they feel it's a slide towards WoW ... which they are playing this game to escape.
    Personally I don't see a problem.
    Yeah I'm not really sure why people keep bringing it back to wow / ff14 because again the game isn't a proper alternative. They use 2 completely different modes of combat. What I'm suggesting doesn't exist in a game like wow, they're completely different beasts in that regard. None of the instanced content in wow is like the instanced content in vindictus, or monster hunter, or even dark souls.

It's hard to see it as the game moving towards wow when wow isn't in that direction in the first place.

That said though, as you yourself have admitted, this game isn't particular skill based. It's gear, time spent and resource management based. Some people might want to keep it that way because it's what they enjoy. If you want super challenging content that players have to beat by razor thin margins ... it cannot have exclusives because the aforementioned people won't want to be forced to do them.
    If you ask people want they want it'll almost always be the path of least resistance. At the same time people enjoy having exclusive things, they just don't necessarily enjoy the idea of having to put forth effort to get them. That's fairly basic human psychology, go look at human behavior irl there's near infinite examples of this. Exclusive things with ludicrous prices well beyond what the thing merits exist for a reason.

Personally I care more about having the challenge then having exclusive rewards gated behind a challenge, hence me enjoying vindictus and monster hunter as much as I did / do. But exclusivity should exist in all forms of content, I should have to put forth lots of effort in horse breeding to get the fastest horse, I should have to put forth lots of effort to get the fanciest boat or house and I shouldn't get those things from content not related to them. I don't want to kill a boss and have it drop the best boat, likewise I don't want to fish to get the best armor.

You can have those things intersect, which could be awesome. For instance killing a super hard boss could drop a sellable giant skull or something that could be used as a figurehead for a boat or a trophy for your house. Fishing could get exclusive adornments for armor etc, you can have exclusive items come from different places and have them play into and off each other to promote trade etc. If something takes a tremendous amount of effort to get, and comes from content with the level of depth that BDO has in some of its systems, you can use that to create a healthy economy and social structure. I could spend all of my free time doing what I love, killing the hardest bosses that most people won't be able to kill, and then I can take the rewards I get from that and sell / trade them in order to get the fancy exclusive things people got from spending the time I spent in combat on other activities that they enjoy more than I do.

As long as the content has those levels of depth and time consumption in a way that BDO has in certain systems where people feel "overwhelmed" by the amount of stuff there is to potentially do, you can have those sorts of interactions and make exclusive healthy. That's the beauty of grind and RNG, or things just being generally time consuming / tedious. When you start going the route that wow does where everything is hyper streamlined and you get rewarded for just showing up, that's when that all starts to fall apart.

Note: I wrote a reply to your long post above.
    The thing with theme park open worlds ... you go through them once ... than almost never again. The open world is just another theme park attraction. You ride it once then move on.
    Some theme park MMOs are more guilty of this than others.
    The poster child of such MMOs is WoW. Zones within the expansion ... most of them are abandoned and pointless at level cap.
    FFXIV at least makes some attempt to re-use them via it's daily treasure maps and hunts, have new quests take place in old locations, as well as having you run around the world for said quests - not really a problem thanks to it's teleport system. It helps it feel less like a theme park attraction and more like a real place.
    That entirely depends on reward structure and systems design. If you take a look at legion with level scaling and adventure mode + class order hall quests you're going to have plenty of reason to revisit the entire new map for what looks like the whole xpac. If you like a certain ride at a theme park you come back to experience it again, theme park mmo's rely on that for all of their content.

BDO is just as guilty of what you're describing, unless I'm given a carrot or something I care about that leads me back to a certain area I'm unlikely to ever go back there. The lack of instanced content doesn't somehow make me want to go back to a place more than once, I need a reason. In what time I played I already had areas that I'd have no real reason to return to, they were little areas set up for quests and the only reason I'd go back there is if I felt like grinding that particular mob just cause, or if it had a particular gathering material which is something I could do in literally any of the themepark mmo's.

Hence why I call it a sandpark, because its faaaaar away from a true sandbox game. You could take wow, cut the instanced content out of it, and give a bit more depth to the profession systems and you'd have the same kind of game. BDO isn't as on-rails as a game like say BnS is, but there are still dirt paths that people follow.