Personally I found him annoying. Although I played a DK all of WotLK so I might be a bit biased. Darion should have had the larger focus of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Except that his legend was true, as we saw later in the comics.

Zulkhan is right, when we compare Tirion to Alexandros, the first is a nobody before WotLK. And that's kinda bad when Tirion was one of the first five paladins.
    Seems someone didn't play a vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    Would have preferred Dagran Thaurissan over Tirion. After everything we learned through Moira he wasn't actually that bad of a guy. Shame he got so little development. Wouldn't change Thoras Trollbane, though. He's plenty interesting without having to be from an opposing faction.
    Agreed. Would had love to have a Dark Iron, a Scarlet Crusader, a Korkron and a Stromguard to be the Horsemen.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    I played Vanilla, and I have very vivid memories of Tirion's quest-line. Tirion Fordring in Vanilla is not the same character as the one we're presented in Wrath. Wrath's depiction of Tirion is highly extrapolated; his quest against the Lich King is weirdly tangential and impersonal, and almost more theoretical than moral; his faith is expressed rotely. Ultimately he never made much sense as a foil for Arthas, who had plenty of other, much more recognizable characters chomping at the bit to kill him. Tirion was a poor man's substitute for Uther, and only took the forefront because literally every other major paladin figure from lore was killed off in WC2 and WC3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturninus View Post
    I played Vanilla, and I have very vivid memories of Tirion's quest-line. Tirion Fordring in Vanilla is not the same character as the one we're presented in Wrath. Wrath's depiction of Tirion is highly extrapolated; his quest against the Lich King is weirdly tangential and impersonal, and almost more theoretical than moral; his faith is expressed rotely. Ultimately he never made much sense as a foil for Arthas, who had plenty of other, much more recognizable characters chomping at the bit to kill him. Tirion was a poor man's substitute for Uther, and only took the forefront because literally every other major paladin figure from lore was killed off in WC2 and WC3.
    He took the forefront because he was the Protagonist of the only book Chris Metzen has written himself.

Yeah, well, Metzen's never been a particularly good custodian of his own fiction. Just because he wrote it doesn't mean it was written well.
    Last edited by Saturninus; 2016-04-05 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    True, but even still, i dont like the idea of death knights stealing other classes heroes, tirion is the quintessential paladin, turning him into a death knight is just stealing him
    ummmmm. im going to stop you right there.

UTHER is the quintessential paladin.

which is why UTHER is in heroes of the storm

How about the scourge invasion and the actual forming of the Argent Crusade?

Remove tirion and pick someone else.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Was just reading the Alpha Forums. Not sure why they can't just use Taelan Fordring.

Deleted
    Tirion being inside a shack in the middle of nowhere, promised to create to recreate the Silver Hand because of his son's death in Hearthglen and that's it?

Then I guess you missed when Naxx was released and the entire hype around the Ashbringer, including the players that got the sword going around the entire game looking for more hints of the story, discovering the new hidden event inside the Scarlet Monastery?

- - - Updated - - -

How about the scourge invasion and the actual forming of the Argent Crusade?
    The Argent Crusade was formed in Wrath, not vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Like...How Tririon lost the Ashbringer after landing on Northrend, or that whole Argent Tournament thing.
    Losing the Ashbringer was kinda hilarious but the Tournament thing had actually a point.

Tirion Fordring in Vanilla is not the same character as the one we're presented in Wrath.
    Well, that was kinda on purpose. In fact, we have been more or less responsible for that.

Yeah, well, Metzen's never been a particularly good custodian of his own fiction. Just because he wrote it doesn't mean it was written well.
    It wasn't bad either. The writing style was rough (no surprise) but the story was good enough. Better than most Warcraft comics I read, definitely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Well, guess what: Their cause is noble because fuck the Forsaken and their evil. Also, isn't their innocence possible to believe because they are constantly being corrupted and manipulated by demons?
    if you read the comic "legends" you would know they Torture who is non-human

Now that I think about it, I think Garithos would've been a cool choice as a horserider. I've always wanted to see him in WoW, but I doubt that we'll see him back after some ghouls devoured his body.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    It was Bolvar who said to Tirion "You and these brave heroes have your own destiny to fulfill. This last act of service, is mine."

Being kinda inactive for 3 expansions and die at the beginning of the next one doesn't sound like this big destiny to fulfill.

- - - Updated - - -

All right, you're just a bit late though.
    So many posts, I wasn't sure and to lazy to read all of them. xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by PrivateSmiley View Post
    ummmmm. im going to stop you right there.

UTHER is the quintessential paladin.

which is why UTHER is in heroes of the storm
    Within the confines of WoW, uther doesnt appear and hes dead, tirion is the current paladin benchmark is what i meant

Within the confines of WoW, uther doesnt appear and hes dead, tirion is the current paladin benchmark is what i meant
    Well, not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Losing the Ashbringer was kinda hilarious but the Tournament thing had actually a point.

Um, Tirion never actually "lost" the Ashbringer, he entrusted it with another paladin beacuse he was fearing that on his way to Northrend the Cult of the Damned would infiltrate the ships & assassinate him. Which kinda happened.

Deleted
    I never knew a actually good Paladin RPer who ever saw Tirion as a Iconic Paladin Character.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    Well, not anymore.
    Hue hue huechar

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I never knew a actually good Paladin RPer who ever saw Tirion as a Iconic Paladin Character.
    I imagine role players are the type of players that actually bother to read the lore, so they would likely be privy to knowledge of other paladins, particularly Uther, but if you only ever played wow and didnt read up on any of the lore, the most paladiny of paladins is tirion, or rather the only relevant paladin is tirion