Thread: [TV] Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Note to the writers. Having Curtis say that Laurel's sonic scream thing is "awesome" doesn't make it so.
    The amusing thing to me was that Silver Banshee's screaming on Supergirl didn't look nearly as stupid... It really is just Laurel.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Laurels canary cry wouldn't be so bad if it had some graphics, doesn't help she looks like a cheap dominatrix you buy on a street corner with that wig and lip stick..you know the kind where you have to check down stairs to see if its a she or a he.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Yes, we find it so insufferable that we dedicated 2500 posts to the forum topic
    I view it as an advanced form of torture.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Yes, we find it so insufferable that we dedicated 2500 posts to the forum topic
    Lots of people talk about Trump as well. Hell watch the news sometimes, Negativity sells.

Deleted
    http://tvline.com/2016/04/04/arrow-s...egular-curtis/
    Echo Kellum (Curtis) is being promoted to series regular for season 5, are we seeing the last or less of Felicity?
    Make it so! I love Echo and I don't like Felicity a bit!

Wow, an episode with no Felicity!

So, thus far it looks like it's Laurel!

edit: Dammit, we almost made it, she shows up with 7 minutes left
    Last edited by Feredir; 2016-04-07 at 01:14 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not watched it yet but It was obvious to anyone who dies, the massive "fuck you" to the fans though seems to have happened at the end from what I'm reading. They kill the person off to basically ship Olicity? That's what I'm seeing posted everywhere, will watch tomorrow.

I'm so salty, going from one of my fave tv shows to something i'm potentially going to stop watching when the seasons end is really shitty.

I predict she will be back, kind of. Katie Cassidy is playing Black Siren on E-2 in the next to last episode of season for The Flash. I'm betting her name will be Dinah Lance instead of Laurel at that she will come to E-1 at some point and join up with Oliver and thus move away from Olicity.

I have a feeling it could be a fake out. Yes, yes, I know they said it's not and that the death is permanent and that I'm in denial, but let's be honest... how many times does a dying character ask for a "favor" that the audience doesn't hear and doesn't come back later? It could even tie into the island flashbacks, the woman that Oliver is with on the island atm said something about finding Laurel after he showed her the picture, other than Oliver no one on Team Arrow really had experience with idols/magic, Laurel's "mission" while fake dead could be to seek the island woman and get some sort of help from her. (I forgot the name of the island chick)

Deleted
    WoW one of the worst story lines so far.... so Damien gets his Idol back - so they gonna call Vixen again?.....
    And it was obvious who died the moment the Arrow flew.... damn and there I hoped we seen the last of felicity
    (damn it felt good not to see her for 98% of the episode...)

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Not watched it yet but It was obvious to anyone who dies, the massive "fuck you" to the fans though seems to have happened at the end from what I'm reading. They kill the person off to basically ship Olicity? That's what I'm seeing posted everywhere, will watch tomorrow.

I'm so salty, going from one of my fave tv shows to something i'm potentially going to stop watching when the seasons end is really shitty.
    I think I've watched this season purely by force of habit.
    Last edited by CthulhuFhtagn; 2016-04-07 at 03:31 AM.

I predict she will be back, kind of. Katie Cassidy is playing Black Siren on E-2 in the next to last episode of season for The Flash. I'm betting her name will be Dinah Lance instead of Laurel at that she will come to E-1 at some point and join up with Oliver and thus move away from Olicity.
    Actually her name on E1 is Dinah Laurel Lance, she goes by her middle name is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    Actually her name on E1 is Dinah Laurel Lance, she goes by her middle name is all.
    I see that you are indeed correct, I still believe they might pull some alt-world shenanigans.

The "fake" death was strong in this one. So obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    The "fake" death was strong in this one. So obvious.
    Not according to the guys in charge

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/06...death-spoilers

So could Laurel come back to life?

“Not getting a chance to work with Katie day in and day out is tempered by the fact that we now live in a universe where there’s resurrection, parallel earths, time travel, flashbacks — we have all these different ways of keeping Katie in the Arrow-verse family,” Guggenheim says. “In fact, you will see her on an episode of Flashplaying the Earth-2 version of Laurel Lance. Katie is reprising her role as Laurel of Earth-1 to be in Vixen season 2. Death does not mean goodbye on any of these shows, but we made a creative choice and we’re sticking to it. We’re recognizing that Black Canary and Laurel have an incredibly loyal fanbase, and Katie has an incredibly loyal fanbase, but the show has never been just about the comic book history, it’s never been just about one or two different particular fanbases. We make the creative choices we feel benefit the show as a whole and the story that we’re telling overall.”

Not to mention that'd be a shitty thing to do to her dad
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

sad to see Laurel go but Felicity will carry on the torch, love her !

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Not according to the guys in charge

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/06...death-spoilers

Not to mention that'd be a shitty thing to do to her dad[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Also in Variety http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/arro...18-1201747805/

How suspicious should viewers be that Laurel was fine, she asked Oliver for a favor that we didn’t hear, and then she was dead. Is there any wiggle room there?
    Guggenheim: That’s the joke I’ve been making, quite frankly: Oliver Queen killed her! But that was not… again, there are certain coins of the realm on our show. Death is one of them. Mysteries and secrets are another. Certainly, “what did Laurel say to Oliver?” But we didn’t intend for it to be like, she asked Oliver to euthanize her.

No room that Oliver drugged her and faked her death?
    Guggenheim: No. We’ve done that. We’ve done a fake death before. And that’s the thing: we’re always trying to figure out what’s the way to do this. That fake-out where she was OK and then she wasn’t, that was, again, our attempt at “how do we do a death we haven’t done before?” We’ve had people killed right in front of Oliver; we’ve faked a death; we’ve had someone be fatally injured and then Oliver arrives on the scene. “Walking Dead” has this problem, too, which I suppose [the finale] episode indicates. I shouldn’t say a problem: a creative challenge. The deeper you get into your story… “Game of Thrones,” also. I don’t know what’s going to happen with Jon Snow, but that is also probably going to change things. It’s the nature of having a long-running show that deals, with a major component of it, with death.

Why do people keep using statements from actors/writers about character deaths? They're obviously not going to say '' oh yeah she faked her death she's alive ''.

First Jon Snow, then Glenn, then this.

Are you so gullible that you ACTUALLY believe them?

No one believes Jon Snow is dead, I least I don't think so, or the Glenn fakeout.

Regardless, statements by writers and actors should be taken as an extension of the mythos, a part of the story line meant for the entertainment of the fans.

Does it matter in the end? No. Because none of it is real, it all requires a suspension of belief and immersion in the story. If the debate over whether or not it fictionally happened doesn't matter, why waste time watching anyway? I know I wouldn't give a damn if I didn't like the show.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Why do people keep using statements from actors/writers about character deaths? They're obviously not going to say '' oh yeah she faked her death she's alive ''.

First Jon Snow, then Glenn, then this.

Are you so gullible that you ACTUALLY believe them?
    I'd rather be gullible than paranoid.

That said, I have no idea who Glenn is. Walking Dead?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.