Poll: Did #buttgate change anything

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast

I had a sensible chuckle about the whole situation, a few head scratching moments (like why a butt matters more to Blizzard than a half naked overweight man running around with a nipple ring), but it changed absolutely nothing else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    So just to be clear, when people are mad that blizzard censors a game to appeal to some fringe social group need to grow the fuck up

but not the fringe social group thats offended because of a pose that multiple characters have? How is that consistent?
    All forms of petty-minded intolerance including but not limited to bigotry, homophobia, racism, misogyny and general sexism that use "but free speech!! censorship!!!" as justification to spout their intolerant viewpoints have no right to consistency. Arguments based on those platforms deserve no consideration beyond contempt, let alone consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    I was on the fence, but this basically will just make me skip it.
    No you weren't. You were not going to purchase and just want to take a jab at Blizz.

15+ Year Old Account
    Buttgate? I don't know what that is but I like the sound of it. Are there any pictures of the said gate?

I haven't thought about it since the hour it happened? Why is this such a big deal?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Buttgate? I don't know what that is but I like the sound of it. Are there any pictures of the said gate?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...gestive-sexual

First post sums up what it's about.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...gestive-sexual

First post sums up what it's about.
    Disappointed. Not enough butts and no gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Disappointed. Not enough butts and no gate.
    I...

Oh.

I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasher View Post
    All forms of petty-minded intolerance including but not limited to bigotry, homophobia, racism, misogyny and general sexism that use "but free speech!! censorship!!!" as justification to spout their intolerant viewpoints have no right to consistency. Arguments based on those platforms deserve no consideration beyond contempt, let alone consistency.
    "It's okay to complain about petty issues"
    "It's not okay to oppose people complaining about petty issues"

So much for consistency, take your shitposting to tumblr instead where people might listen.

It's that typical American self-hating obsession with sex.

"Only our franchise's slut archetype is allowed to imply sexuality!"
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Not happy with the "Please social group x" mentality that is infecting companies as of more recently, but it won't stop me from eventually buying the game.

My opinion about the game hasn't changed a bit, despite all the controversy about Tracer's butt.

It did, however, change my opinion regarding the players: I've lost all hope that the player base would have, at least, even a modicum of common sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Embernetic View Post
    "It's okay to complain about petty issues"
    "It's not okay to oppose people complaining about petty issues"

So much for consistency, take your shitposting to tumblr instead where people might listen.
    Your definition of petty is pretty easily turned around, there. Who unleashed a massive, whiny tantrum about what basically amounts to nothing? There was no campaign to have the pose changed, and Blizzard isn't wiping out the idea of women being sexy. Her ass is still there. It's. A. Single. Pose.

Presenting an opposing opinion to intolerance isn't shitposting, and consistency is overrated, as I mention in the post you quoted but obviously decided not to read.

The game started growing on me but now we all see where Blizzards mindset is at. Instead of replying to countless threads about fixing the netcode, character balance and maps glitches, they respond to things like butt-hurt people and "i want a purple skin!" posts. SO i'm out, the game will be visual eye candy for sure but it's mechanically just a kids toy.

I might have gotten it before but with blizzard giving in to sjw trash like usual for no reason on top of selling out to xbox/sony for "exclusive" videos i don't think i'll try it

The controversy clearly had very little to do with the game and more to do with children flinging shit at each other, so no it didn't change anything about the game for me.

I already bought it shortly after it was announced anyway so meh.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

The only thing I like about Overwatch is the free video shorts. Nothing has changed.

So tracers pose is sexist but the other characters with the same pose isn't. Do you support free speech, are you anti-censorship? Because you seem to not have a solid grasp of what that actually means. A woman looking sexy is not demeaning to women, that's what Isis believes.

I don't care about the pose, I care about why it was removed and the way in which blizzard handled the situation. The pose won't affect the game, the way the devs interact with the Community absolutely will.

Your definition of petty is pretty easily turned around, there. Who unleashed a massive, whiny tantrum about what basically amounts to nothing? There was no campaign to have the pose changed, and Blizzard isn't wiping out the idea of women being sexy. Her ass is still there. It's. A. Single. Pose.

Presenting an opposing opinion to intolerance isn't shitposting, and consistency is overrated, as I mention in the post you quoted but obviously decided not to read.
    If it amounts to nothing why did it need changing in the first place? You can't make that argument I'm afraid, try again.