Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Whole idea of expansion was already full crap. Alternate fucking universe...

But i'd say my biggest gripe is still the raid-or-die-mentality. Most of the non-raid content (actually everything for me) was just pointless and/or boring. And i don't like raiding anyway so...

Shipyard also gets award for stupid design. What the actual fuck, which navy would operate on the basis of "let's send ships on suicide missions and just build new ones after that"? What the hell... I will rage so hard if legion's follower missions follow that kind of RNG shit. I would have been ok with it if instead of sinking, ships would come back to harbor broken and without half of the crew (so you would repair them and recruit new crew), but no, lets build new one from the lottery rng machine...

Actually shipyard would be shining turd diamond on top of WoD. Culmination of retarded design. I have only one shipyard (on my main, i don't even build it for alts, tanaan also is really boring grind valley so i won't take my alts there) and if i can't get over 90% success chance, i simply won't do the mission.

Well I'd say the lack of progression for none raider outside of challenge mode. 5m Mythical was suposed to adress it but since tanaan jungle gave betther reward while soloing it just made 5m mythical pointless. Now they drop the heirloom we have a reason to run them but they are just easy sauce with a ilvl of 710+.

Blizzard said it was a mistake to put no new dungeon in MoP and they did the same thing with WoD.

That and the fact the xpack lasted for too dam long for the short content it has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone remember the Zangar Ocean (Thats what it was called right?) With the marsh whales

My biggest regret?

There was a group of people I knew in Rift that decided to try WoW now that Flex raiding was being added. They joined in late MoP and had fun in SoO Flex and Normal.

But then in WoD, Normal mode was tuned up vs. what it was in SoO, and they couldn't handle it. So, most quit after a few months.

I regret that the devs, once again, succumb to the hardcore fetishists and decided to tune up difficulty. That trick never works, Irvine Idiots.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I regret the sub par story. I could accept a "time travel" theme, but it'd have to be done really well. This wasn't done well at all. Characters like Orgim Doomhammer we're basically discarded with no fan fare. How many times has Matheridon died now? Died in Warcraft 3 in Hellfire Peninsula, died in TBC in Hellfire Peninsula AGAIN, died a third time in Tanaan, I mean damn man I'm starting to feel bad for the guy. Don't even get me started on Archimonde. I wish they had made it an Azhara theme expansion and have it lead into Legion. Like it's a race against time to kill Azhara before she opens a portal to the Legion on Azeroth, and in the end we kill her but only after she achieves her objective in the final encounter in patch 6.3

Best thing about WoD was WoW Token. At least if the Xpack sucks I'm not out any cash for it any more.

quecraft
    trashran
    general garbage expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    Stupid alternate timeline story.
    This.

More specifically, the handling of the Warlords themselves. Ner'zhul as an instance boss? Kargath gets his ass handed to him in the first encounter of Highmaul? And then Grom's sudden switching from bad guy to good guy all in one patch. It all just seemed like bad writing. I can't wait to get back into the regular timeline in Legion, no more time travel BS.

my only regret is that i didnt play enough, dont have a guild for next expec and gotta find a guild wich has 3 spots , gonna be a bummer

Farahlon for me (or however you spell it). Netherstorm was one of my two favorite BC zones (the other being Nagrand), so it was very disappointing not to be able to see it before it got wrecked and turned purple. They could have really done something with that place, and instead it's just a footnote and a tease.

The shipyard was such a joke I don't have any feelings about it one way or the other. The idea that you would send ships out on missions with over 80-85% chance of success, and they would just get destroyed, was idiotic. Way to make us care about the people we're supposed to be commanding, Blizzard. Yeah, everybody on that ship died. So we just turn around and build a new ship with new crew? These aren't disposable lighters, Blizzard. These are people, who are fighting for the same cause as we are. Yeah. sometimes you have to send people on suicide missions in war. But at least you don't tease them with "Oh, you'll be fine. There's a 94% chance this will be a complete success". As someone else said, if you sent ships out, and they failed the mission but still came back and could be repaired and reassigned, that would have been great. But you don't solve a problem by just throwing things at it until something sticks, and expect anyone to care.

The shipyard may be Blizzard's biggest regret in WoD, but Farahlon has to be mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. the ending is anecdotal at best
    2. garrisons and even more, shipyards. was waiting to go on missions on a real boat, doing real sea battles and diving to get treasures. AHAH
    3. what have loved to be able to discover new continents with ships. don't care if it's an empty desert
    4. they are still doing queues and menus instead of actual gameplay
    5. almost no player interaction. solo content is fine, but since it's an online game at the time, better using this feature.
    6. gold inflation. I mean is that a newcomer designer in charge of balancing the economy ?

though, it was not THAT bad. launch was pretty solid. just that it was disappointing.

comparing it to legion :
    1. potential to be a great ending with good story
    2. no more solo "garrison", good
    3. doesn't apply
    4. we'll see
    5. we'll see
    6. garrison gold removed, looks like it's heading in the right direction
    Last edited by Cæli; 2016-04-05 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Biggest regret regarding WoD: having bought it.

I should have quit for good after clearing SoO.
    When the only saving grace of this xpac was having made enough gold to be able to play for a year without paying a sub (using my own RL cash), this is really the only answer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lack of big capital - I prefer a shared ally+horde city like Shatt or maybe Dala.
    Lack of anything sensible pve to do besides raids.
    Garrisons and the "legendary" questline were really bad and boring.
    Total time I've spent queueing Ashran: 3 hours. Times I've got into Ashran: 0.
    Raids got increasingly worse over the expansion.

Deleted
    Lack of content outside raids.
    Really poor QA - so many things are really broken.
    The complete feeling of abandonment of the entire expac as the devs jumped ship to "legion is more fun, fuck WoD".

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    1. I wanted grommash head on a spike. I whould even had been fine with us exceuting him after archimondes defeat.
    2. Faralaon!
    3. This immage still intrigues me. i wanna know whats there...
    THey could have done so much more. I think at one point there were considering moving forward on a second expansion there but after the backlash and failures of WoD scrapped those ideas. Plenty of maps and other data mined info show that they worked on much more then what we ended up getting.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    The wasted potential of this expansion.

My second biggest regret about the expansion is they apparently didn't fire anyone over it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    But then in WoD, Normal mode was tuned up vs. what it was in SoO, and they couldn't handle it. So, most quit after a few months
    Similar story here. Lots of my old IRL friends returned for WoD but their raid group failed miserably because normal was much harder than previously. And there is nothing below normal. LFR is nothing. So there was nothing to do for them and they quit. It's a fucking shame on the tuning team, really. After getting just a bit of normal gear, all normal raids turn into a joke. But still, average and below average players have to quit raiding because they can't last until they overgear the content.

ability pruning
    poor class design
    trashcan
    garrison
    little amount of dungeons
    no major cities
    we didnt really get to know all the stories about the warlords..

basically a wasted expansion overall.. and Legion perhaps will be even worse when you look at it..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    6. gold inflation. I mean is that a newcomer designer in charge of balancing the economy ?
    Why would anyone care about inflation in WoW, really?
    It equally affects your income and spendings, so it's all neutral - just different numbers. It's a closed single currency economy, unlike real life where countries may get into trouble if they overinflate and can no longer afford imported goods. Or wages don't keep up with prices. None of these happens in WoW.

Garrisons.

Its a basic idea of player housing, but designed very bad.

Order Halls in legion will be 90% the same, so still very bad.

Since its already implemented, I guess every addon from now on will "feature" (puke) some kind of Garrison, maybe
    getting better every time, at the rate from Garrison to Order Hall it will take 10 expansions before its kind of acceptable as
    player housing, and not facebook.

Also S.E.L.F.I.E. camera, I mean, what the fuck...