Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    He's right, all liberals are on welfare and all conservatives are successful and productive living in the most prosperous and innovative areas in the nation, like Stow, Ohio.
    Didn't say either of those things in my post.

Was explaining the overall message. I was raised to believe if I work hard and use intelligence, I can advance my position in life and earn more. It may be tricky, and difficult, but it is possible. I wasn't taught a defeatist attitude.

Is that so horrible?

Also I am not in Stow, Ohio. Not sure where you got that from.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    The article hits the nail on the head. You don't vote republican if you're a sensible person, unless you're rich and want to get richer.
    If I was wealthy you can bet I'd vote Red, as it is I live check to check so Democrat all the way.
    ROFL, acting as though the Democrats aren't as corporatist as the Republicans, you're pretty funny.

Different tactic, same outcome: Rich get richer.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Didn't say either of those things in my post.

Was explaining the overall message. I was raised to believe if I work hard and use intelligence, I can advance my position in life and earn more. It may be tricky, and difficult, but it is possible. I wasn't taught a defeatist attitude.

Is that so horrible?

Also I am not in Stow, Ohio. Not sure where you got that from.
    So I guess you just aren't working hard enough. I mean sheesh, you live with atleast one roommate, why don't you just work harder to get your own house, or just hurry up and become a successful millionaire already? God if it takes you any longer I might think you are just another welfare liberal in a conservative champion's clothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Let me ask you this:

If the majority of your voters, as a person in power, are uneducated and sick and poor and dependent upon you (and your government), what motivates you, as a person in power, to help those people stop being uneducated and sick and poor and dependent upon you?
    The idea that everyone can be independent.

And if that isn't their reasoning, they shouldn't be a politician.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    So I guess you just aren't working hard enough. I mean sheesh, you live with atleast one roommate, why don't you just work harder to get your own house, or just hurry up and become a successful millionaire already? God if it takes you any longer I might think you are just another welfare liberal in a conservative champion's clothing.
    Patience and reasonable expectations. If I am in the same position now in 5-10 years, than yes, I am doing something wrong.

But I have optimism that will not be the case. If I at least make more than my parents ever did, then I would say that is a success.

You don't need to be a millionaire to live nicely and be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Because the Democrats are the party of non-whites, LBGT, unions, and Cultural Marxists.

P.S. Your cited article is laughable.
    Damn you found us out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Because the Democrats are the party of non-whites, LBGT, unions, and Cultural Marxists.

P.S. Your cited article is laughable.
    I'd rather be on the side debating philosophy than the side peddling ignorance. And Republicans are best a doing the latter.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Patience and reasonable expectations. If I am in the same position now in 5-10 years, than yes, I am doing something wrong.

But I have optimism that will not be the case. If I at least make more than my parents ever did, then I would say that is a success.

You don't need to be a millionaire to live nicely and be successful.
    What is this touchy feely huggy liberal shit, you don't need to be wealthy to feel successful bull? You are sounding more and more like a pinko save the whales commie every minute. Conservatives are successful and innovative and productive, to make up for the entitlement liberals who sit around all day talking about their feelings. Guess which one is you.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Because "we work hard and we don't want any hand outs, unlike those LAZY welfare people just taking my hard earned money. If I work hard enough I can join the 1% too!"
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Because "we work hard and we don't want any hand outs, unlike those LAZY welfare people just taking my hard earned money. If I work hard enough I can join the 1% too!"
    All 44% of the population of us!

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Damn you found us out.

Real talk though, that song sounds a million times better than the Star Spangled Banner, and I don't even like anything else about Russia one bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    A better question, since america has no proper left-wing economic party, is why do the poor and lower-middle class vote for rigth wing economic parties?

Freedom for Islam, maybe.

They certainly are no friends of Christianity.

The far left hates christians, the far rigth hates muslims.
    This is nothing new.

I also think you have no idea what liberals are. Liberalism is about personal freedom, has nothing to do with how far you want economic freedom to go.

Inflation alone says your target should be to at least double what your parents ever made in order to avoid abject failure. Cost of living on a deeper level says even more is required.

Get to work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Inflation alone says your target should be to at least double what your parents ever made in order to avoid abject failure. Cost of living on a deeper level says even more is required.

Get to work.
    Not entirely impossible considering I would say my parents were lower middle class.

However, it also would relate to family.

If I alone made as much as say my father did at his peak, that would work just fine for me given the context of my current situation.

Its not like republicans advertise that. Both sides say they want to save the middle class (which is everyone, because everyone is normal)
    One side says that they want to punish the lazy poor people (which is noone, because everyone is normal) and stop the evil goverment from stealing from you.
    One side says that they want to punish rich people and make things fair for you.

And then there is Jesus. Im sure Jesus has been mentioned alot by now^^
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Its not like republicans advertise that. Both sides say they want to save the middle class (which is everyone, because everyone is normal)
    One side says that they want to punish the lazy poor people (which is noone, because everyone is normal) and stop the evil goverment from stealing from you.
    One side says that they want to punish rich people and make things fair for you.
    Eh fair assessment.

Conservatives want more rich people. Liberals want less rich people.

I personally side with the group that wants more rich people.

Not entirely impossible considering I would say my parents were lower middle class.

However, it also would relate to family.

If I alone made as much as say my father did at his peak, that would work just fine for me given the context of my current situation.
    No, by your metric you'd be a failure. You don't get to move the goalposts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    No, by your metric you'd be a failure. You don't get to move the goalposts.
    It's not moving the goal post.

But either way, I don't see what is wrong with wanting to make something of yourself, and not be dependent on society to support you.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Yeah, adapting to changing realities is difficult, but ignoring that fact and just blaming all our problems on Muslims isn't going to make anything better now is it?
    When you are the destroyer of that way of life, it is convenient to call another mans dispossession "progress." Much as I am sure the Romans said to the Gauls and America says of the Native Americans.

I have to say, for someone of your liberal pretensions and Progressive beliefs, you sure do love Whig history narratives when it suites you.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2016-04-05 at 10:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.