Poll: Did #buttgate change anything

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Except they didn't "cave into a few negative opinions." They were already considering changing it. Unless you think they're flat-out lying, in which case there's no help for you.

"With this particular decision, it was an easy one to make—not just for me, but for the art team as well. We actually already have an alternate pose that we love and we feel speaks more to the character of Tracer. We weren’t entirely happy with the original pose, it was always one that we wrestled with creatively. That the pose had been called into question from an appropriateness standpoint by players in our community did help influence our decision—getting that kind of feedback is part of the reason we’re holding a closed beta test—but it wasn’t the only factor. We made the decision to go with a different pose in part because we shared some of the same concerns, but also because we wanted to create something better."

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...r-Pose-Removal
    And if you mindlessly believe all PR there's no help for you. They might have considered it but guess what? They didn't do it, not until 1 single worthless bitch had to cry about it. Then they caved like I said.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And here's it in purple!

I like how the right leg position made the butt smaller but more round. 8/10, an improvement.
    But I still dislike the reasoning for removing the previous one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    And it fits her better.

Everyone wins.
    I think this pose is more suitable for her, but I didn't have a problem with the first pose anyway.

To answer OP, I was very interested and hyped for Overwatch since day one. Very interested in grabing CE aswell, which would be my first CE ever. The pose removal didn't reduce my interest in the game itself, but it did make me worried about Blizzard's future decisions. I will play the game, but the move maybe gave me doubts about whether this is actually something I want to have a CE edition of.
    However, the fact that they added this pose is something I like. If they did that immediately on their own, that would be great and I would approve of that, but it was a big mess of people screaming about removal, and then screaming about putting it back. It's not a good way of doing things, but this new pose is making me a bit more optimistic.

I just hope developers will be a bit more certain of their decisions. Don't let the audience cause too much chaos, especially over unimportant things.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    If they did that immediately on their own, that would be great and I would approve of that, but it was a big mess of people screaming about removal, and then screaming about putting it back.
    And they still might have had no one complained, since they'd already made the second pose and were considering swapping it out anyway. That's the bit that, for me, makes this whole situation much ado about nothing.

Unless, as I said before, you're accusing Blizzard of changing something solely to placate people who are complaining, and then flat-out lying about it.

Changed my opinion of the game? Not really. Still looks a fun shooter.

The whole situation did slightly damage my opinion of Blizzard and specifically Kaplin though. Caving and pandering and then out right lying to our faces about it is really not acceptable to me. Even worse than that are the ass holes who are then attacking us for taking issue with a legitimate problem. I've been paying close attention to both the original thread and many of the ones on reddit (and here) and it has generally been the side defending the change that have been the aggressive intolerant side. Legitimate criticism of the extremely poor way the situation was handled has been shot down with nothing but buzz words (lots of 'isms' thrown around)

If Blizzard were truly wanting and listening to player feedback they would have seen the overwhelming player reaction and said 'we heard you guys the pose is back in as an option for those who want it' end of discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Wasn't interested in Overwatch, wasn't interested in "buttgate", as you so delicatly have put, still not interested in any of it.
    Pretty much sums up my opinions on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    Caving and pandering and then out right lying to our faces about it is really not acceptable to me.
    It's also possible that they actually meant exactly what they said, and weren't lying about considering changing it regardless. But nah, that couldn't be right. Blizzard's the devil, they always lie.

If this caused you to enjoy a video game more or less (I dont care which) you need to go outside and get your life in order.
    That's seriously pathetic.
    It changed my opinion on the company that made the game, but not on how much I enjoy the game whatsoever.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

And the new pose has been patched in... and her butt is still showing quite a bit. XD

http://media-overpwn.cursecdn.com/at...8709670412.png

I can say this pose is done better than the old one.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

It's also possible that they actually meant exactly what they said, and weren't lying about considering changing it regardless. But nah, that couldn't be right. Blizzard's the devil, they always lie.
    Which still leaves the cheap PR grab and pathetic damage control. No matter how you try to spin it Blizzard dun fucked up on this one.

Unless, as I said before, you're accusing Blizzard of changing something solely to placate people who are complaining, and then flat-out lying about it.
    Well, in the official response, they both said that they did it based on feedback and that they didn't do it because players demanded so.
    Instead of saying "We dont want to change it", or "We already had plans and we changed it", they gave a questionable response for removal, and then after another outcry, came back with a new pose.
    All I wanted to say is, they should be a bit more bold and cetain when they give a statement, rather than "everything is cool, we're all happy" kind of way.

Won't prevent me from playing the game itself, just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    No because its a single pose and I believe in the rights of game devs to do what they want and cater to who they wish. I don't understand the decision nor necessarily agree with it but I care about the gameplay, which the pose added nothing towards.

Plus Widowmaker is still Widowmaker even though the SJWs have bitched about her since 2014 but apparently Blizz caves to them at a single complaint

Well, in the official response, they both said that they did it based on feedback and that they didn't do it because players demanded so.
    And if they were already on the fence about the pose and feedback pushed them over, then those two statements aren't mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    And the new pose has been patched in... and her butt is still showing quite a bit. XD

http://media-overpwn.cursecdn.com/at...8709670412.png

I can say this pose is done better than the old one.
    Its good.
    Though they could have handled this crapstorm better.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Just cemented my view that Blizzard will always cave in to try to please the biggest number of people possible. Didn't change anything regarding future purchases.
    But its not about that.

Yes its about making a main character lovable and appeal to a larger demographic... but there is still the overly sexually objectified outfits of say widowmaker? If what you are are trying to say is true... they would have made that type of change across the board for all female characters. They didn't. So it becomes solely about that character and how they want to portray her.

That being said I don't know why you would wear ass tight clothing, if you weren't trying to show off your ass...

Found this the other day:

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Found this the other day:
    I made a april fools thread about that LOL.

I like the new pose personally. I do think they could have handled all of this ALOT better.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    That being said I don't know why you would wear ass tight clothing, if you weren't trying to show off your ass...
    You don't know why anyone would wear tight ass clothing unless they were showing off their ass, yet you post a picture that explicitly suggests why someone would wear tight ass clothing for another reason?

smh

And if they were already on the fence about the pose and feedback pushed them over, then those two statements aren't mutually exclusive.
    Problem is, there is no obvious "We already planned that" statement, it's just the way it was written that makes people question it. May seem more like an excuse, rather than a strong, simple response.

Problem is, there is no obvious "We already planned that" statement, it's just the way it was written that makes people question it. May seem more like an excuse, rather than a strong, simple response.
    I dunno, seemed pretty obvious to me:
    "With this particular decision, it was an easy one to make—not just for me, but for the art team as well. We actually already have an alternate pose that we love and we feel speaks more to the character of Tracer. We weren’t entirely happy with the original pose, it was always one that we wrestled with creatively."

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...r-Pose-Removal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embernetic View Post
    You don't know why anyone would wear tight ass clothing unless they were showing off their ass, yet you post a picture that explicitly suggests why someone would wear tight ass clothing for another reason?

smh
    Is flanders not showing off his ass?

So that IS the point. The intent behind it is comical instead of sexual.

Unless of course you are being hyper literal and talking about skiing and removing wind resistance in which case I am laughing really hard at what an argumentative weiner you are being.

Though I am not sure what wind resistance would have to do with Tracer as her device simply allows here to manipulate time... not speed itself. (Meaning it wouldn't matter what she was wearing)
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-04-06 at 12:26 AM.