Page 31 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    While other states and cities in the east backed away, Mississippi said fuck it, we are ass backward anyway what are we going to lose

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nation...405-story.html
    Absolutely sad that entities who are almost entirely immoral are demonstrating far better morality than Republicans. Seriously, when corporations say you've gone too far and are immoral, it is seriously time to rethink what you are doing.

It is the same thing as rapist and murderer telling you that you seriously lack morals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    To be fair, everything is bigotry. (Unless it agrees with democratic talking points....)

Apparently discriminating against Christians isn't bigotry?
    no it isn't. no one's discriminating against christians. no one is required to uphold any values they don't believe in. your right to enforce those values ends when the public gets involved and you provide a service to the public as per the civil rights act. it's like i'm explaining stuff to people who don't understand what the concept of society based laws are.. and how federal laws like the civil rights law OVERRIDE any state or local laws.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Then dont open a store... wtf is wrong with you if you hate serving people and you decide to open a store?
    You are still trying to say that I am the one who wants to refuse service, which is false. Personally, I think anyone who would do such a thing is a terrible bigot. That does not mean I want to take awa their freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    "Right of Refusal"? How has that been centric to anything?

I'm not the gay community and I don't speak for them. I thought running that bakery out of business was stupid. That isn't endemic to the gay community, though, that's human civilization. When that dentist shot that lion, his business was ruined, for instance, by vengeful morons who didn't understand what was really happening there.

This is a religious thing, though. That's the entire point of this bill.
    Right of Refusal has always been a thing with shop owners, whether in barter systems or otherwise the person selling the goods has always had the luxury of saying No to any sale. That's the origination of the signs you see in places, some throwbacks and some more modern and also the wording in contracts that these corporations fit into the fine print.

Yeah this bill certainly is but the argument as a whole is bigger than just religion, religion gets the focus because the media loves to use it as the boogeyman but there's other types of people with something invested in this fight and the characterization of it needs to broaden to encompass that because to be honest with you I think the intensity of the venom that is out for the supporters of the shop owners and such is magnified exponentially because of the fact that it's perceived as a purely religious thing and there's so many antireligious people with a deep rooted hatred of it and everyone who is religious that it basically takes over the argument.

People bitch about the Crusades and then go on their own is what I'm saying.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not trolling. But I feel like people are getting paid to use the word bigot.

Can I sign up for the club that pays you to call everybody else a bigot and overuse a word?
    maybe thats because they are being bigoted for discriminating against gays. nobody is overusing the word your just getting all up in arms over it.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    There are regulations for private businesses; stop pretending that just because it has private in it's name you can do whatever the heck you want.
    There are regulations, and I do not support any that are unnecessary. Stop trying to force your beliefs onto others.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point it's pretty clear that there is no way I can help other people understand this. Until you're the one being discriminated against, it's outside of your ability to grasp. Until you're the one being told that you deserve to die, deserve to be murdered for simply being who are you, it's not something you can understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Right of Refusal has always been a thing with shop owners, whether in barter systems or otherwise the person selling the goods has always had the luxury of saying No to any sale. That's the origination of the signs you see in places, some throwbacks and some more modern and also the wording in contracts that these corporations fit into the fine print.

Yeah this bill certainly is but the argument as a whole is bigger than just religion, religion gets the focus because the media loves to use it as the boogeyman but there's other types of people with something invested in this fight and the characterization of it needs to broaden to encompass that because to be honest with you I think the intensity of the venom that is out for the supporters of the shop owners and such is magnified exponentially because of the fact that it's perceived as a purely religious thing and there's so many antireligious people with a deep rooted hatred of it and everyone who is religious that it basically takes over the argument.

People bitch about the Crusades and then go on their own is what I'm saying.
    you don't have the right to refuse sale based on gender sex race orientation or nationality.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    I haven't changed my stance during all of the discussion; we are discussing in circles about the hypocrisy you see; I think everyone should follow the same rules, you think it's hypocrisy.

Well, then let's just agree to disagree.
    No, you are a hypocrite, because you say you don't want people to force their beliefs onto others, then you turn around and support the forcing of your beliefs onto others. That's a textbook definition of hypocrisy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    As a private business you are not legally obliged to offer your services on request. So why the need for a homophobic law when there is no legal obligation to start with?
    if it's open to the public yes you are required to offer your services on request as long as the customer is not being disruptive.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Wow.... this is the first time I ever actually had to say this on this forum, but you're a fucking idiot.

Infracted
    You made it clear you were fine with some private entities discriminating, so why not all of them? Just because it's a "club" you have no problem with discrimination. There's more logical inconsistency for you.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    you don't have the right to refuse sale based on gender sex race orientation or nationality.
    Which is wrong, and forced coercion. We went over this last thread.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

At this point it's pretty clear that there is no way I can help other people understand this. Until you're the one being discriminated against, it's outside of your ability to grasp. Until you're the one being told that you deserve to die, deserve to be murdered for simply being who are you, it's not something you can understand.
    People get discriminated against every day. I was ugly as a teenager, and girls did not want to date me. Should I pass a law that says they should be forced to not discriminate against me because of my looks? If I go to a store, and they do not wish to serve me, I will go to a different store.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    There are regulations, and I do not support any that are unnecessary. Stop trying to force your beliefs onto others.
    Are you a parrot? Seriously?

The majority supports regulations for discrimination; your personal support doesn't change the grand scheme of things. And I seriously, seriously doubt that this law has majority support. Even when it has it, it loses on federal level; and please don't open that can of worms, I really don't want to start an discussion on that and I won't.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, not trolling. But I feel like people are getting paid to use the word bigot.

Can I sign up for the club that pays you to call everybody else a bigot and overuse a word?
    Deal with facts not feelings Sparkles.

If you say something bigoted and you believe it why should you not be called a bigot? Do you believe that people who are bigoted should get a free pass on what they say? There was a person earlier in this thread who was making bigoted statements and admitted that he indeed was a bigot. You shouldn't be afraid to own your bigotry, if you think that bigotry is a well thought out and supported position. The problem is that many just want to utter their bigotry, without thinking it through and not be called on it. Utter what you want and be prepared to defend it. If that means you are called a bigot so be it.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

7+ Year Old Account
    Sticks and stones.

It's a cruel fact of the world that not everybody is going to accept and love you. Should be a lesson learned by every single person.

10+ Year Old Account
    knadra is that you?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not wrong. Taking away such essential protections would lead back to the world of the 1930's and onward. Back to the days of badges for Jews and homosexuals. Back to the days of "separate but equal!" where whites got their place and blacks got their run-down and underfunded schools and public places. Back to the days where it was unofficially okay to beat or murder someone just because of the color of their skin.

You sicken me.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    No, you are a hypocrite, because you say you don't want people to force their beliefs onto others, then you turn around and support the forcing of your beliefs onto others. That's a textbook definition of hypocrisy.
    My beliefs? Try society and majority... I heard Somalia is lovely if you don't want to deal with governmental interferences.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Deal with facts not feelings Sparkles.

If you say something bigoted and you believe it why should you not be called a bigot? Do you believe that people who are bigoted should get a free pass on what they say? There was a person earlier in this thread who was making bigoted statements and admitted that he indeed was a bigot. You shouldn't be afraid to own your bigotry, if you think that bigotry is a well thought out and supported position. The problem is that many just want to utter their bigotry, without thinking it through and not be called on it. Utter what you want and be prepared to defend it. If that means you are called a bigot so be it.
    I just feel like it's a boring and overused word that seeks to stifle discussion.

Just as boring as racist, sexist, and nazi at this point. Those words should mean something. But don't, due to overexposure.