Poll: Did #buttgate change anything

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    You seem to be confused as to the definition of an anecdote.
    "Shit you are making up without proof"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    "Shit you are making up without proof"
    Wrong, but keep swinging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

It just made me dislike the Overwatch subreddit more than I already did. Now they're blaming Blizzard for handling it poorly so they look less like the whiney piss babies they are. Hopefully the world can move on quickly because this is super silly.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Wrong, but keep swinging.
    Thats exactly what you're doing, as usual though.

Sources on your claim that "90% of gamers are toxic pieces of shit" or whatever you said?

10+ Year Old Account

Sources on your claim that "90% of gamers are toxic pieces of shit" or whatever you said?
    All threads that have anything to do with this topic.

10+ Year Old Account

You're not very familiar with a figure of speech either, apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

You're not very familiar with a figure of speech either, apparently.
    Well you were talking shit about his "figures of speech" and then claiming yours were correct... sooooo sources?

Because, once again, a huge sector if not the majority of gamers who consume Blizzard created content are immensely immature and will throw a fit at even a hint that their boobs and butts 80's fantasy paradigm is being altered.

- - - Updated - - -

"Almost angry"? Literally all they said was that they were not happy with the pose as it was first implemented even before a criticism was lodged.

This is why we should not take any of the 'pro-butt' arguments seriously, because they're hopelessly hypocritical.

Which, again, is demonstrably untrue. Blizzard is by and far the -least- socially progressive of any of the major game companies.
    What are the rankings for progressivism in the gaming industry

Well it seems to have increased traffic to this subforum by about 5000%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Yea if the gameplay is insanely good it wouldn't matter. However I think there may be some truth to the idea that when you focus on pleasing social movements you can lose sight of what makes a good game.
    Blizzard didn't lose sight of that.

Apparently 73 people in this thread did though lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Well it seems to have increased traffic to this subforum by about 5000%.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard didn't lose sight of that.

Apparently 73 people in this thread did though lol.
    thats really yet to be seen

Quote Originally Posted by Master Higuchi View Post
    It just made me dislike the Overwatch subreddit more than I already did. Now they're blaming Blizzard for handling it poorly so they look less like the whiney piss babies they are. Hopefully the world can move on quickly because this is super silly.
    Do you really think Blizzard handled this well?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    All threads that have anything to do with this topic.
    Because all gamers post on forums...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Because all gamers post on forums...
    Yeah exactly, makes this "issue" even less of a non issue when its a small hand full of children crying over the toy they have to share.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    thats really yet to be seen
    Well I'm playing the game right now, and let me tell you, you couldn't find a more minor and inconsequential part of it than a victory pose if you tried.

-Skins
    -Emotes
    -Voice lines
    -Highlight intros

^ these are all far more important than a vic pose. And they're all vanity anyway. So it's completely spurious. This was just another shitstorm because there's millions of bored people logging into the internet every day looking for the latest outrage to jack off to. The new pose is cool and all, but it affects the game not a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you really think Blizzard handled this well?
    I think this is such a stupid "issue" that I don't care how they handled it. By blowing up a complete nothing into a giant hysteria.

The community handled it very poorly.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2016-04-06 at 03:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Yeah exactly, makes this "issue" even less of a non issue when its a small hand full of children crying over the toy they have to share.
    Which small handful are you talking about? Those that opposed the changed or the even smaller amount that called for the change in the first place?

- - - Updated - - -

I think this is such a stupid "issue" that I don't care how they handled it. By blowing up a complete nothing into a giant hysteria.

The community handled it very poorly.
    Just because the community handled it poorly doesn't mean the company didn't handle it poorly as well. It was the way blizzard handled it that caused the community up roar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which small handful are you talking about? Those that opposed the changed or the even smaller amount that called for the change in the first place?
    It's not about opposition of the change. You can do that all you want. It's how you go about doing it. The down right embarrassing outcry people made over such a small change to the game is whats embarrassing. For every person trying to give constructive criticism there's 9 other morons crying "Blizzard caved to SJWs!!! gg gonna cancel preorder!"

Well I'm playing the game right now, and let me tell you, you couldn't find a more minor and inconsequential part of it than a victory pose if you tried.

-Skins
    -Emotes
    -Voice lines
    -Highlight intros

^ these are all far more important than a vic pose. And they're all vanity anyway. So it's completely spurious. This was just another shitstorm because there's millions of bored people logging into the internet every day looking for the latest outrage to jack off to. The new pose is cool and all, but it affects the game not a bit.
    Seriously, it's such a minor change, but oh noes the SJW's might be involved, SCRAMBLE THE SALT BOMBERS!

It's not about opposition of the change. You can do that all you want. It's how you go about doing it. The down right embarrassing outcry people made over such a small change to the game is whats embarrassing. For every person trying to give constructive criticism there's 9 other morons crying "Blizzard caved to SJWs!!! gg gonna cancel preorder!"
    The results of this thread's poll don't back up your claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    The results of this thread's poll don't back up your claim.
    Not really. The middle option is for people who didn't give a shit one way or another. People who opposed the change could give good criticisms and I saw plenty of it. The majority of the "opposition" didn't. It was just more SJW conspiracy drivel.

Deleted
    And with the new update they made it even better, it's almost like people took it

*gasp*

Way out of fucking proportions

Hahaha, the new pose is literally even more of a butt pose, fantastic. Clever bastards bringing all that light onto their game just to do that, i'm impressed and honestly didn't expect that.