Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Seriously, there is a god damned StarCraft board.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Seriously, there is a god damned StarCraft board.
    Actually there isn't one on MMO-C.

Not that I disagree that this is off-topic for the WoW Lore forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Actually there isn't one on MMO-C.

Not that I disagree that this is off-topic for the WoW Lore forums.
    well ill be god damned, how is there a diablo forum and not a sc board?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Deleted
    wait,didn't Kerrigan became some literal God???

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBallfan View Post
    well,Illidan=Kerrigan.
    Sylvanas = Kerrigan :P

But I think more importantly, Titans = Xel'naga, Sargeras = Amon.

Blizzard uses common tropes in their works, there have always been clear similarities. And one franchise inspired the others.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'm actually quite curious where that connection is made.
    Am guessing that's a reaction to Illidan becoming the champion of light...

Silly IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    ***SPOILERS***

Protoss are good.
    Terrain are good.
    Zerg are evil.

SC1
    Terrain and protoss fight zerg. Zerg makes kerrigan. Keriggan kills overmind. Kerrigan takes over zerg. Zerg goes into hiding.

SC2 - Wings of Liberty
    Zerg come back. Protoss + Terrain fight zerg. Terrain + protoss form a device (Xel'naga) to cure kerrigan of zerg. They succeed.

SC2 - Heart of the Swarm
    Kerrigan is now human. Kerrigan turns back to zerg. She leaves again with zerg.

SC2 - Legacy of the Void
    Evil Xel'naga appears and controls zerg AND protoss units. Terrain + zerg + protoss team up to fight this evil Xel'naga. Kerrigan literally becomes a god and kill him. Kerrigan creates a human form of herself, in addition to her god form, to live with raynor.
    Note that post-Wings, Kerrigan is now in control of herself. She re-zerged herself but retains free will. It's actually revealed that the Overmind was playing a long game when he made the Queen of Blades - he knew he would be subjugated by Amon if he returned and wanted Kerrigan to eventually break free and lead the Zerg free of the Xel'naga. Which thanks to the artifact used at the end of WoL, she did.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Ah so it's one of the "power of friendship and teamwork" stories. Damn, I was hoping it was something good.
    Kerrigan's "godhood" is from absorbing the power of the last Xel'naga to defeat Amon.

Ultimately the conniving of the Overmind is what creates Kerrigan. So if you like, the Overmind is responsible for the end of SC2 :P

- - - Updated - - -

wait,didn't Kerrigan became some literal God???
    A Xel'naga.

Which is either a god or "sufficiently advanced alien" depending on your point of view.

- - - Updated - - -

Proximity to MMORPG I guess. Diablo is an RPG, it counts! Hearthstone is Warcraft-universe, it counts! Heroes of the Storm... Overwatch... er...

Scrap that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Ah so it's one of the "power of friendship and teamwork" stories. Damn, I was hoping it was something good.
    Actually, nothing in SC2 happened at all, Raynor was hallucinating from being drunk all of this, then walked out of the bar and died in desert
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically people are saying Warcraft is Starcraft because

A) Illidan and Kerrigan both have wings (really? is that the connection we're making here?)
    B) Illidan and Kerrigan, both anti-heros, are achieving some sort of redemption (Seriously, thats it?)
    Also both Kerrigan and Illidan were/are destined to become glowing angelic incarnations of celestial radiance in order to battle the dark god/s of evil and destruction that come from the Void.

There are parallels.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was recurring joke in sc2 megathread that website owner got owned at sc2 ladder and doesn't want to put up a board because of that
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Actually, nothing in SC2 happened at all, Raynor was hallucinating from being drunk all of this, then walked out of the bar and died in desert
    *Directed by M. Night Shayamalan

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Also both Kerrigan and Illidan were/are destined to become glowing angelic incarnations of celestial radiance in order to battle the dark god/s of evil and destruction that come from the Void.

There are parallels.
    well,we thought that Sylvanas is Kerrigan.it turns out that Illidan=Kerrigan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Sylvanas = Kerrigan :P
    Pretty much. Besides all this awesome great prophecy about Kerrigan being a chosen one or something, she was still pretty much fixated with vengeance in Heart of the Swarm, vengeance she ultimately achieves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Because as we all know, Starcraft certainly was never referred to as "Warcraft in space" over a decade ago and this is certainly the first time the two franchises have had similar plot developments.

Not sure if already mentioned but I couldnt be bothered reading all replies, If you buy Legacy of the void, theres a short intro at the beginning that tells you whats happened to date, theres prob a copy of it on youtube somewhere if you look.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post

There are parallels.
    There was no destiny driving Kerrigan. The Overmind chose her specifically because she had a lot of psionic power and it thought a particular kind of zerg-human hybrid could break the control Amon would exert on the Swarm in the future and end the Infinite Cycle. Or Amon's alternative to the Cycle (ie his hybrid).

So if you like, Kerrigan is actually the Zerg successfully averting their destiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverware View Post
    Because as we all know, Starcraft certainly was never referred to as "Warcraft in space" over a decade ago and this is certainly the first time the two franchises have had similar plot developments.
    ^Pretty much...

I played SC before I ever touched WC when I was younger and when one of my friends introduced me to WC he pretty much said "it's WC in space", so I jumped in.

There's a few differences in things, comparing Illidan to Kerrigan is stretch to what little we know how that whole thing with Illidan is going to even play out in the end. Personally though the whole thing of having the anti-hero be the "chosen one" is played out in all sorts of material, I guess to some extent though with Illidan he's kind of always been doing bad things for the right reason, in comparison to Kerrigan where she was just flat out evil.

SC1 though now feels like Game of Thrones in space, everyone is back stabbing everyone with a mutual hatred for the Zerg with Kerrigan just being a bitch, with Ammon and the Hybrids being hinted at in a secret level in Brood War.

SC2 had more of a WC3 vibe to it though. The "we need to get together to fix crap or we're all screwed".
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    There was no destiny driving Kerrigan. The Overmind chose her specifically because she had a lot of psionic power and it thought a particular kind of zerg-human hybrid could break the control Amon would exert on the Swarm in the future and end the Infinite Cycle. Or Amon's alternative to the Cycle (ie his hybrid).

So if you like, Kerrigan is actually the Zerg successfully averting their destiny.
    I saw her transformation as the culmination of the xel'naga's life cycle. It was basically a destiny - the new xel'naga emerges, defeats the evil renegade threatening the universe, brings about a new universe of freedom.

Since no one here pretty much as 0 Starcraft Knowledge, I start (No offense.) Since it's a shitlong time since I've played Starcraft one, some of this information may be Inaccurate, but it explains the story mostly.

For many years ago the Xel'naga rose from the void. They set out to create the universe and bring life. Though they were far from Immortal, they knew they had to do something, that would be sooner known as the Infinite cycle. This revolved around the Xel'naga Creating the Protoss to Eventually resurrect them in later stages. All the Xel'naga aside from one known as Amon, would travel to Ulnar to go to rest. He would also travel to the Primitve world of Zerus, where he'd uplift the native species there. The primal Zerg. There he created the first Overmind, an all ruling, Eye/Brain like creature to govern his Zerg swarm, that he'd use as weapon. He saw the Infinite cycle as flawed, and wanted to get rid of this. Thus they left the planet and traveled to char.

This happened only after Amon decided to leave Aiur because he saw the Protoss splitting up, and doing their own thing, he felt that the Xel'naga made the Protoss to intelligent to fast. But the Protoss became outraged and slaugthered everything in sigth. Thousands were slain and Amon loyal Protoss bretheren, which would later be known as the Tal'darim fled the world.

After knowing of Amons plans, the remaining Xel'naga waged war against amon. Though the Zerg swarm underlings killed many of the Xel'naga, Amon was eventually slain and the Zerg were forced to flee. thus the Silence of the Xel'naga came and the Great war begun.
    The Great war was one of the bloodiest wars in recorded history. The Terrans, that were from the Area known as Earth had lost all their Technology and just settles down. In harmony they were, fighting a threat known as the confederacy, plotting to destroy them. Though this would come to an end as the Zerg swarm decided to Invade their Worlds.

The Terran Forces were Overwhelmed of the Suprise attack, and they pulled every resource they could. They were quite successful in defending themselves, but they still faced problems. The Confederacy was still a threat. They created Psi emitters which would attract Zerg and alike to any location they wanted. And they would use this weapon on a planet known as Mar Sara. This however, was not a plan of one of the Highest ranking leaders of the Terran dominion, Jim raynor and Sarah Kerrigan. This would slaugther millions, but the Dominions prime leader, Mengsk wanted the Job done, Kerrigan carried out but found herself betraed. As the endless swarms of Zerg swept over the planet, she was captured with it, no life was behind. Nothing. Seeing as this happened, Raynor grew outraged and left the Terran dominion to create another Organization, known as Raynors Raiders.

From there, The Overmind, created Kerrigan, a new hope. Someone of free will. Someone that were out of the Infinite cycle and didn't have to serve Amon. She would become one of the highest ranking Zerg leaders, amongst MANY other commanders known as Cerebrates. These were basically highly intelligent larvae that controlled different broods inside the Zerg Swarm. These could only be killed by the Void energies of the Dark templar of Shakuras, a Protoss tribe. The highest ranking Cerebrates were both incredibly dangerous and loyal to the Overmind, known as simply Zasz and Daggoth. Zash however, disapproved of Kerrigan. Kerrigan however, was reformed into a Zerg like creature on Char. Where, Both the Dominon and Raynor would try to kill her.

However, the only ones who made it to her, was Kerrigans old Flame, Raynor which was shocked to see her when she was reborned out of her Chrysalis. Kerrigan had the oppertunity to kill him right there and then, but let her go, in her last minutes of Humanity. Shortly after, the Protoss would invade char to see what they were up against, so Tassadar and his forcess arrived, the same force that decimated all life on the first planet the Zerg invaded. Kerrigan crushed tassadars forcess but found out that It wasn't tassadar she killed in the heat of the battle it was an Illusion. Tassadar mocked her, and shortly after the Overmind found out that the Dark templar, known as Zeratul had slain one of the Cerebrates, Zasz.

Kerrigan was tasked with traveling to Zasz area of Char and slaying everyone there. But then, from the death of Zasz, The Overmind got a glimse of the location of the Protoss Homeworld of Aiur. Thus, the Swarm set out to invade their homeworld. The protoss battled Viantly, but the planet eventually collapsed to the infinite numbers of the Swarm. Everyone else had to flee or be killed. The Overmind relocated his position to Aiur.
    Then, the Protoss was betrayed from Within. Tassadar of all people, was the one who made alliance with the Dark templar, in hopes of Killing the Zerg Cerebrates. The Conclave (The governing faction of Aiur) Saw this as betrayal. Aldaris, the Leader of the Conclave, captured Tassadar and would have him Executed for betrayal. Zeratul and fenix freed him. Earlier you see, the people of Aiur refused to leave the world. Ressistance groups would fight the Swarm to the bitter end. Fenix was one of the commanders in this. They did not stand a chance however. The Protoss fought, but the Zerg Proved to strong. Everyone was slain, including fenix, Tassadar was freed aswell. But then, Tassadar, had managed to create an Alliance with Raynors raiders to Kill the Zerg Overmind once and for all.

Both forcess unleashed what they had of troops agains the Zerg swarms around the Overmind, and they were successful. Tassadar, did the Ultimate sacrifice and used both the Energies of the Void and the High Templars of the Protoss to Suicide his entire Flagship into the entire overmind. The Overmind was Vaporized, and the Zerg grew EVEN more powerful. With their leader destroyed, the Swarms grew feral. Thus Kerrigan had full Control over the Swarm. This was only the Story of Starcraft 1, Ill come with the Story of Broodwar SHortly.

- - - Updated - - -

After the Overmind was the Destroyed, Kerrigan tried to reclaim control over her broods. It was a time of peace, but only for a little while. The United Earth Directorate, from well, Earth had decided to pay a visit, with a fleet at the size of a Scouting fleet. They invaded the Koprulu sector, the Sector where the 3 races had battled for so Long with 3 Goals. To Reclaim the Rebel Terran Colonies, that will Say, the Dominion, and Raynors Raiders. To Enslave the Zerg, and use the Zerg to Exterminate the Protoss. The UED had the best trained troops out there, so they quite easily rolled over Everything the 3 races had to offer against them.

First they Invaded Korhal, an Arid planet, and the Capital of the Dominion. Though Mengsk had plenty of Nukes and Battlecruisers (Aka Spaceships) they were not enough against the Trained and endless UED troops. They were crushed. By the time UED had reached Korhal's Capital, Mengsk had fled from the planet along with Zeratul and Raynor. Though Raynor hated Mengsk with a burning passion, he knew they had to work to together in order to beat the UED.

Eariler, the UED had Invaded one of the Many dominion worlds. There they got help from a mysterious man, known as Samir Duran. he joined the UED forcess and helped them Crush the Dominion. The UED was ruled by 3 main governing Members. The First and abseloute leader was Gerard Dugalle, a french commander, then we had Samir Duran and Stukov as the Second in Command for the UED forces. Later however, the UED would invade the world of Char. The Endless Zerg Swarms had grown more vast and powerful than ever, but still, their forcess were decimated by the UED. The Zerg was growing desperate for a new leader, after Kerrigan had started rallying more Zerg to her cause, hence why it was called Broodwars. It was a battle between Daggoth and Kerrigan. The Many Zerg Cerebrates had eariler merged into the being which would be known as the Second Overmind. While it was still in it's infant stages when the UED invaded. It was still taken over. The UED drugged the Overmind and Manipulated it into doing what they wanted.

Then came the time of the Protoss. The remaining forcess on Aiur were decmated. They were completely broken and destroyed, and they had no other option but to flee from Aiur trough one of the Warp gates to Shakruas. There were many gates but and some of the Zerg had managed to Invade Shakuras. Zeratul and his forcess made it trough the Warp gate, but they got help from Two people. Fenix, the commander of the Protoss resistance on Aiur, had been resurrected and put into a robotic like state, known as a dragoon, where he could continue to live, and they got help from Jim raynor Also. They then entered Shakuras. From there, they knew the only way to Preserve their race was to enter the Xel'naga temple on Shakuras. It has the Potential to eradicate all life outside of it's walls, so everyone inside would be left along, but it could not be activated without some very powerful Xel'naga crystals. So with the Aid of the Raynors raiders they set out to gather Two of them. (Well, as it turns out, I mixed something up, Everything the Protoss did, was before the UED invaded. The Broodwar between Daggoth and Kerrigan was still going on and the Overmind was still growing on Char. Ignore the UED in the Protoss part, and take the previous UED information and count it after this protoss part lol.)

One of them was on Char. Where the Zerg Swarm had ruled. Then the Second one was on a frozen world governed by the dominon. (Note, this is before the UED part, the UED still was a ruling faction.) There, out of all people in the world, they got help from Kerrigan herself. The Protoss didn't want anything to do with her, but in the end, they accepted her help. But as it turned out, (The UED had actually come, but they didn't invade anything yet.) The UED had created a blockade around the planet, and it was crushed by Artanis and a few forcess.

They collected the final Crystal. The 2 Protoss Heroes, Artanis (A character I forgot to mention, when Tassadar was being executed, he helped Tassadar and Zeratul liberate him.) and Zeratul traveled back to Shakuras. There they would kill all the Zerg around their temple and prepare to enter it, the Zerg became aware of this, and sent everything they had at it. This would not matter, as the Protoss already entered and activated the temple. All the Zerg on the planet was killed, and the protoss race was preserved.

Before the Invasion of Char, the UED was betrayed from Within. Samir duran, one of the commanders they found on the Dominon ruled Frozen planets, had Assassinated Stukov the other commander. Duran went into hiding and joined Kerrignas forcess. Dugalle was left alone to rule. (Along with an unnamed commander, that is the player.) With the Overmind Drugged, Kerrigan had nearly lost all over the Forcess. And she was struggling. She begged The Terrans and the Protoss for aid, they refused at first, but Mengsk lended her some Psi emitters to regain control over some of the troops. Together they slowly but surely Crushed the UED troops, and took back the Dominion capital world of Korhal. There they had a time to relax. Mengsk highest ranking officer, which had eariler been defeated by the UED in an Awesome space battle, Edmund duke and Fenix was on the planet, planning out new tactics against the Ued. This however would turn out to be quite Grim. Kerrigan Invaded and crushed them Both. Duke was killed, and so was fenix. Fenix was Raynors best friend, and Raynor swore to kill Kerrigan for what she did.

Then Kerrigan invaded Shakuras and captured the leader over the Dark templar, Razsagal. Kerrigan needed her Void energies to kill the Second overmind and stop the UED from using the Zerg as a weapon. Duran captured Razsagal and demanded that Zeratul helped them else they'd kill her. And He did. The Overmind was slain, Zeratul got her back, only to find out that Kerrigan and infested her. She was dying. Zeratul grew furious and said that she would Dearly regret for what she did.

With Kerrigan having nearly destroyed Everything that was left of the UED scout fleet she set out to hunt the last of them. The Protoss and the Dominion was furious with her aswell. The Teamed up with the UED to stop her, but they were not enough, the Swarm Was simply too powerful, and the UED, the Protoss, and the Dominon was all but Crushed. The dominion had gotten Korhal back, but the Protoss still had no homeworld, the Zerg was still ruling strong on Aiur. Raynor however became silent.

With the UED fleet destroyed, Dugalle and his remainders attempted to flee, but the Zerg swarms was just behind them. Dugalle, wrote a letter to his Wife and children on earth before his death, and he commited suicide before the Zerg could get him. the UED was defeated and the Zerg ruled as the only remaining Superpower of the Koprulu sector. Since the UED fleet never managed to make it back to Earth, all they managed to get of what happened was Incomplete Information. Thus they didn't bother sending an Actual Invasion fleet. An Invasion fleet from Earth would just be too powerful. What they sent just now, as at the Size of a Scouting fleet. Thus the Broodwar had ended. And Starcraft 2 begins. I will do it later

- - - Updated - - -

I can do Starcraft 2 if you want, but it isn't half as good as Starcraft 1, and this comes from a very Optimistic gall. I though Cata was a good expansion, and MoP was 100% the Abseloute best of them all.
    An'u belore delen'na

Thanks man, if you think SC2 isn't worth it then don't bother. I got the idea now I think anyway.

So basically people are saying Warcraft is Starcraft because
    Where on earth did you see "people" say that.. all I saw was someone saying Illidan=Kerrigan.
    Are you related by any means to victor sullivan?

well,we thought that Sylvanas is Kerrigan.it turns out that Illidan=Kerrigan.
    Stop repeating that. There's parallels and similar stories between them, but also a truckload of differences. They're similar, not identical.

And Illidan is only a chosen, not the chosen.