Page 38 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobar View Post
    Sure why not.

I don't know of any religion that believes this but that's what you get with private property rights and free association rights.
    You seem to have this illusion that private property gives people the right to break the law...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    I agree - but refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple in not "horrible" or "inhumane". I think the gays, given all of the rights they have achieved in the past few years (the right to marriage, the right to serve openly in the military, social acceptance on television and movies), can capitulate on this one issue. Throw a bone to the religious folks, ffs.
    no they aren't obligated to concede anything to your religious bigotry.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Baking a cake does not condone the ritual.
    In the eyes of Christian it sure the hell does. Just because YOU don't think does not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    You seem to have this illusion that private property gives people the right to break the law...
    It has happened before, that is what happens when the Constitution (from which rights are protected) trumps even federal law.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    no they aren't obligated to concede anything to your religious bigotry.
    MY religious bigotry? I am an atheist, little buddy. Go direct your hostile militancy at someone who actually gives a fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree - but refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple in not "horrible" or "inhumane". I think the gays, given all of the rights they have achieved in the past few years (the right to marriage, the right to serve openly in the military, social acceptance on television and movies), can capitulate on this one issue. Throw a bone to the religious folks, ffs.
    Okay, how about religious institutions do not need to pay taxes? Is that a good enough bone? A business is not a religious institution, while anyone who would toss their religion under the bus, to protect their own opinion... is not actually religious... They are more like a politician that uses religion to gain support for their opinion...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    MY religious bigotry? I am an atheist, little buddy. Go direct your hostile militancy at someone who actually gives a fuck.
    my point still stands and you have not refuted it.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the eyes of Christian it sure the hell does. Just because YOU don't think does not matter.
    Just because YOU think so, does not mean it's a Christian thought.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    my point still stands and you have not refuted it.
    LOL - what point? Go troll someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The words you are looking for are "Enabling" and "Abetting".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    How is mixed marriage that far off the scope? Go back 50 years and this is the exact same religious argument made at that time.
    I quoted the exact scope - just because you want to extrapolate it to fit your agenda/point does not even remotely mean it is legitimate.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd have no problem, if someone ascribed prejudice to your belief? If someone said they do not want gays in their business because that's their athiest creed. You would honestly defend their opinion as athiest opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
    I have a hard time with this, because I don't believe the government should be able to take away the right for a business to refuse service to anyone (Example: I've kicked out drunks that have tried suing in my own state, which allows us to deny service. One using a culture card, instead of "I was drunk as shit"); yet I'm also an LGBT ally, who's decades deep in counter culture.

Statism isn't the ally of the LGBT community. Never has been and currently is just feeding off their votes, yet it's the only way some people see of fighting back now.
    You can refuse service to others for a variety of reason's, just not based on race, religion, sex preference, etc. The store I work for has kicked people out for being a pain in the ass. That is the right any business has.

Why is it not surprising that known far right wing individuals love to cry wolf when confronted with legitimate challenges?

Regardless of whether you are actually an atheist, that doesn't disqualify you from being a bigot, religious or not.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobar View Post
    The words you are looking for are "Enabling" and "Abetting".
    No, I prefer throwing unde the bus.

if this forum was any indicator of the buying habits of gay people, you would think all they ever do is buy cake.

No, I prefer throwing unde the bus.
    I'm sorry that you can't understand that many practicing Christians hold enabling sin in equal weight to participating in it.

That's your problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    either refute my point or stop posting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    In the other thread that came up a few weeks ago we pretty much hashed it out that people in public service or lifesaving professions wouldn't be able to do so, but if you're a butcher, baker or candlestick maker it'd be just fine.
    That is just plain stupid, its not "fine" if you are a company to refuse service to anyone. It really doesn't matter if you are a private company or not, you can't just refuse people because you feel like it. If your religion doesn't allow you to sell to someone then its time to find another religion that does, or quite your job there.

I know right? It's ironic when someone acts all high and mighty and speak for all christians in general and discredit critics, then he himself claims to be atheist.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future