Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Welp! Seems they shut down the servers, guess the doomsayers were all right!!

Edit: Oh, no, they work again.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-04-05 at 09:30 PM.

Pfft....

If Blizz was gonna lie about server pop why wouldn't they set most servers to say medium/high to give the illusion of lots of people and maybe even randomly subject people to a queue because "there's just so many people online already."

It's amazing to me not that people think Blizz is dishonest, but that they have such an unimaginative concept of what's worth lying over.

Why would Blizz 'make more room' on servers when they should be merging instead? Tumbleweed is blowing through trade chat even on connected realms like Khadgar EU.

While I'm usually quick to accuse companies of saving face, I don't see why the population would experience a sudden drop for natural reasons. Unless some underground boycott was planned, I don't think the primary cause is a large number of people across all servers getting tired of the game at the same time. Is it possible? Sure. It's not as likely as people are making it out to be however.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Why would Blizz 'make more room' on servers when they should be merging instead? Tumbleweed is blowing through trade chat even on connected realms like Khadgar EU.
    Because expansion launch days are always terrible? It seems pretty logical to associate the upcoming expansion with greater server space (although that does not mean I think this is a good solution)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    My toons are on US Borean Tundra (merged with Shadowsong), Aerie Peak, and Bleeding Hollow. On all 3 I've seen fewer and fewer players, and last I checked for BT a few months ago it was down to about 2,800 which is WAY down from the days of Wrath & Cata, even MoP.

The naysayers can spin it all they want, but the reality in-game is obvious.

Deleted
    Just had 17 lvl 100s online on a server which used to have full pop.
    They should do several server merges already. It doesnt feel fun to play an MMO when its completely empty.

- - - Updated - - -

What bugs me is when people say that the game is old, and thats the reason the game is "dying". Hell, there were 10 million potentional subscribers when the expansion launched. (biggest gain ever in such period of time) The customers are there for grabs, Blizzards mindset is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    While I understand your feeling, you're playing an MMO, playing with other people is kinda how the game works.
    That the main content is instanced... really means that the "MMO" boils down to my guild... and my guild alone.
    With zero meaningful interactions happening with players outside that group.
    10 million players, or 15 players. Wouldn't change a thing as divided and isolated the player-base is.

Least those are the feels I'm left with.

its simple spring is here and people know very well there wont be any new content till at least november/december looking how we are lcosing to half of april and no beta is ut yet so 0 reason to stay subbed through spring and summer. wow population will probabl drop below 1 mln by the time expansion lands which is pathetic for blizzard

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goeres View Post

What bugs me is when people say that the game is old, and thats the reason the game is "dying"..
    a) the game is old - its nearly 12 year old game of its old
    b)its not the main reason but its one of many reasons mainly because no matter how you look at it the graphic engine that wow is build on is at least 2-3 generations behind what current games as offering
    c)last but most important - WoD was pure shit that why people left -simple

Uh... do people seriously believe WoW lost a huge chunk of population across all servers the same day? Damn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    I agree OP.

Game is very very quiet right now. To be expected given the stage of the expac and the limited content added in wod, but quite noticeable in the last month specifically - agreed.
    Limited content + end of expac + everyone is finished due to catchup/skip galore = no reason to keep playing.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    The developers answers are uh. Well, pointless.

You don't waste time and resources expanding server capacity during a content drought. Even if they are prepping for Legion (sketchy wording to begin with tbh), those resources would be better spend further developing the alpha "so we can release an expansion sometime."
    To be fair I don't blame them for wanting to servers to be ready for an xpac release considering how WoD went.

Quote Originally Posted by Danzel View Post
    Here's how I feel about Server Population.

I don't give a damn

Not even a single fuck? Wow such a badass.

lol the sub count was at 5.5 million last time they posted it.. now its closer to ~3m and maybe even less.. that BS about increased servers capacity is laughable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    Not even a single fuck? Wow such a badass.
    Well, when you always use group finder, server population is not that important.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimscoes View Post
    http://imgur.com/a/ztgTj
    The first picture is taken on the night for a clue on how servers are at low peak.

From second and forth are on Peak time, (NOW) for EU.
    Silvermoon (second normal realm in the list) had a queue time last week... Just sayin
    http://imgur.com/e8NYX2p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcell View Post
    Silvermoon (second normal realm in the list) had a queue time last week... Just sayin
    http://imgur.com/e8NYX2p
    I never hit a server queue after the first week of WOD and I do play on Silvermoon EU since 2011.
    In MOP long server queue was a regular occurence in 5.2 and 5.4. After SOO launched we had queues up to 1600 people on peaktime. That's about 90 minute wait time. It royally fucked up our raids, cos we were starting at 20:00 and people who got home from jobs late afternoon (like 18-19) had it almost impossible to be on time.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    Pfft....

If Blizz was gonna lie about server pop why wouldn't they set most servers to say medium/high to give the illusion of lots of people and maybe even randomly subject people to a queue because "there's just so many people online already."

It's amazing to me not that people think Blizz is dishonest, but that they have such an unimaginative concept of what's worth lying over.
    That's how not knowing what the fuck you're talking about works. You end up throwing bullshit arguments and accusations that make no sense at all. It's like the youtube conspiracy videos; they WANT it to be true but they can't find a single piece of evidence so they have to make up some bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    That the main content is instanced... really means that the "MMO" boils down to my guild... and my guild alone.
    With zero meaningful interactions happening with players outside that group.
    10 million players, or 15 players. Wouldn't change a thing as divided and isolated the player-base is.

Least those are the feels I'm left with.
    In all fairness, lore wise, there is a singular group of "Heroes", and your in game Guild is a representation of that group.

It's a little complex, because there is obviously more than one guild on each realm, and there are multiple realms, but Warcraft is essentially the story of a group of Heroes (played by a group of real life humans) continually defeating threats to their world. This means that the other guilds (read: "groups of Heroes") essentially do not exist lore wise. Only the group of Heroes you belong to exists.

- - - Updated - - -

It would be interesting if a new MMO did away with the borderline cringey, repetitive, uninspired, "you are our only hope <name>" cliche, and had world where relatively average, normal people worked together en masse to accomplish something greater than themselves.

I understand the draw of stroking the real life ego of the player who role plays as a hero in a virtual world, and I understand how an MMO that emulates regular life would or could be shit, but its still an interesting concept.
    Last edited by Elsif; 2016-04-06 at 07:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it was explained. And still, the two servers I play are still 'high'.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We made room on the realms. Percent to capacity, there is much more room. It's good! ~VG
    Source
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..