Poll: Do you want Demon hunter to start at level 1 and bost not work on him ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I can see no reason to why it would make sense, Lore wise, they are under training from Ilidan, so would not make sense to start at level 1, the same for DK.
    Would i be fine with other people haveing the option to start at level 1? sure, but i would not want to

Deleted
    Lvl 70 would make sense, lol.

Deleted
    That would mean I'd be spending more time leveling, so no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gephyrophobia View Post
    No..? I don't want any character to start at 1. Leveling is fucking stupid.
    Ladies and gentlemen, todays "mmo" player.

In terms of pure gameplay & dh popularity - yes.

immersion-wise it's problematic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goeres View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, todays "mmo" player.
    Well, I mean, it is. It's a way for the devs to make expansions last longer, and to give them a bit of time to develop content other than what an expansion releases with, it doesn't serve a purpose anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTripleZero View Post
    Yup, spend years training under Illidan to serve as one of his elite soldiers, and then your first mission is collecting boar snouts.

Yeah, not gonna happen.
    Lorewise you could say that about most Classes. Paladins are Knights who were probably trained since their childhood in the ways of Warfare, Chivalry and the holy Light. Mages are the Azeroth Equivalent of academics. Warlocks a re the Azeroth Equivalent of academics who went renegade and started making drugs. Most male Night Elf Druids probably trained their magic longer than a blood elf could live.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepresident View Post
    my mestake thought wow is a mmo seams nobody belives that anymore

- - - Updated - - -

The Demon Hunter isn't to be considered a common class=tell me tha when every noob is gona get one in 30 min of leveling its gona be more comon than the legendary that even my dog got it
    Well yeah, but I dont think you're quite getting it... Starting at level 1 would just be silly, how would you go forward and put Demon hunters into the game wich would seem like it would make sense if they started at level 1?
    It will be an overflow of DH's in the start, but that will die off plus there is a bunch of changes to all classes making them seem quite a bit different to previously. That didnt happen when DK's was released.
    Its a hero class and they get the benefit of starting at a higher level, having a hero class start at level 1 wouldnt make much sense, and implementing DH's from level 1 and onwards would just seem strange..
    Think of it this way, you levelled your class 6 years ago.. Then 6 years later a new class comes around and they be like "We were here all the time guys! Why didnt you call us when Deathwing was around fucking shit up, heck even Arthas we could have helped with, but we thought fuck it they can handle a couple of world threats more until we show up and save the day"...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    With the overwhelming response so far AGAINST levelling, I wonder why we ever get threads where people want to re-design the levelling world and make levelling slow and hard again
    Because people are stupid and don't know what they want, I guarantee people wouldn't be pleased if leveling was made slower and harder.

I do enjoy leveling characters from the beginning, but a level 1 Demon Hunter makes no more sense than a level 1 Death Knight. Which is to say, a beginning, wet-behind-the-ears Demon Hunter is still way beyond any aspiring warrior with his dad's old sword just leaving the farm in Elwyn Forest. Beginning Demon Hunters must have a past and back story that got them to the point of being Demon Hunters, and probably should be level 98 or whatever they're starting at. That's how I see it anyway.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    With the overwhelming response so far AGAINST levelling, I wonder why we ever get threads where people want to re-design the levelling world and make levelling slow and hard again
    Because leveling in WoW is neither fun nor productive since it's devoid of content outside questing and dungeon spamming and that gets old fast. There's literally nothing else to do and world pvp is absolutely ruins most people's fun, if there's any fun to be had while leveling in the first place. You are a level at 47 and going about your business then comes out of nowhere the heroic LVL100 guy who think it is fun to pass you by and oneshot you, then he'll do that until you say "fuck it" and log off. I'm not against leveling, we do it in singleplayer rpgs all the time because there's a system built around the experience. Also it was great first time you leveled a toon, the second one wasn't so bad either, but it got mind numbingly boring when you did it a few times over.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepresident View Post
    The Demon Hunter isn't to be considered a common class=tell me tha when every noob is gona get one in 30 min of leveling its gona be more comon than the legendary that even my dog got it
    That isn't how it is to be seen, it is just like with Death Knights. You wouldn't see a level 1 demon hunter, for that would be X class not having reached that change in life. There is no lvl 1 demon hunters, they aren't common really. Just like you don't see Death Knights at lvl 1 - the Lich King wouldn't bring in a Death Knight farmer, not even a champion.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I actually like levelling and I have a friend I always quest together with, so sure. It'll never happen though, I'm certainly in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Uhm... No?

I don't want them to be lvl 1. The Demon Hunter isn't to be considered a common class, or do you have the idea of going from lvl 1 to 98 at Black Temple hitting dummies, killing rats and raiders hunting for transmog?

I don't mind leveling, but a Demon Hunter is considered a rare thing by the lore, shouldn't be something commonly seen around the farmers and lumber camps.
    You don't need to achieve anything to play this class. How is it rare? You just click and start it at a higher level, together with hundreds of thousands of others. This argument could work if DH was an exclusive feature only for those that were ablet o unlock him in the game, by for example completing a difficult challenge or a long quest chain.

The only difference between leveling from 1 and from 98 is that the latter takes less time.

Level 1 no.

Level 70 would make more sense then 98 tough as their training and imprisonment happend at assult on black temple.

For some magical reason they where 28 levels above their master when they got send to attack demons. And get back to be captured by level 70 maive. But fuck logic its a fantasy game anyway.

Deleted
    you can t have a class in a mmo that takes 30 min to level to 100 demon hunters will be released before legion am i right ?so you cann 't have a class take 30 min to level to max level in a mmo if you stack the recruit a frend and 2 xp potions and looms you can like level 1 to 100 in 5h already (thats 950% more xp)

As someone who already leveled a dozen characters to 100 the 'oldfashioned way' - no.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Lorewise you could say that about most Classes. Paladins are Knights who were probably trained since their childhood in the ways of Warfare, Chivalry and the holy Light. Mages are the Azeroth Equivalent of academics. Warlocks a re the Azeroth Equivalent of academics who went renegade and started making drugs. Most male Night Elf Druids probably trained their magic longer than a blood elf could live.
    Paladins are just half military training half priest training - effectively a half level in each is a level 1 paladin. The order of the silver hand refered to anyone willing to join the cause as a paladin even before their training was complete iirc.

Mages study, but the first years of study are mostly about not killing yourself, not becoming a warlock, and basic manipulation. You have no ability to kill things until you have studied a lot.

Druids do not have to necessarily be ancient - and as long-lived races tend to they are a lot slower to pick up magical prowess. This is a key feature noted in humanity that their shortlived-ness adds to their reckless ability to progress faster.

Warlocks whole shtick is they couldn't be bothered learning to do it the difficult way so decided to find some forbidden knowledge
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTripleZero View Post
    Yup, spend years training under Illidan to serve as one of his elite soldiers, and then your first mission is collecting boar snouts.

Yeah, not gonna happen.
    Haha I was all for starting at level 1 but you do make a good point there.