Page 1 of 2
LastLast

can someone please tell me about the dark lady? Sylvannas Windrunner

hello guys, this is my first post please forgive my broken english and sorry in advance if i made any mistakes in forum rules.

i been playing since 2005 and always loved and searched on many many warcraft characters in wow.

however the only character i never "cared" about to read and search is the dark lady. and to be honest i feel guilty cause i felt i left her out since i love this warcraft lore so much and searched on most of warcraft famous characters except her.

i have a weird feeling she have something interesting about her. to me i think she represents the strong will of females in warcraft "my wife will love this part xD"

if there is any chance someone can give me quick characteristics of sylvannas and how she thinks and what might be her ultimate goal in warcraft since shes already dead "no offence forsakens" cause i always see her as a silent character with mystery.

i wish i could get inside her mind.

thx alot for reading <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    She's a benevolent fairy who descends from the heavens and grants wishes to all the good boys and girls of Azeroth in exchange for their life, land, soul and service.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, its hard to keep yourself short when it comes to one of the most active characters in all of Warcraft, but let me try.

She started out as a High Elf general. She was the leader of the defense of Quel'thalas when Arthas attack the land. She was killed by Arthas and later raised as a banshee - An undead witch. After having served in Arthas's undead army for some years, she took over her own part of the undead legion and named it The Forsaken. She only did this after Arthas had left for Northrend, where the LK were loosing his power over the undead. Because of the LK loosing grip of the undead around Lordaeron, Sylvanas took control of the eastern kingdom, including Undercity, after a few battles with some dreadlords.

She was now ruler of her own kingdom, and of her own people. Yet the world was still dangerous, especially with a strong new alliance being formed between men, dwarfs, Night Elfs and Gnomes, so she allied herself with The Horde, even though many horde members did not agree with this alliance. She promised that in return for her membership, she would bring the north of The Eastern Kingdoms, under Horde control. Her real reason for this alliance was not to keep her people safe, it was really to get help hunting down Arthas one day. That became possible when Arthas attacked Orgrimmar. The horde and alliance attacked Northrend and killed the LK. So now, with Arthas dead, like Maiev Shadowsong, needed to find new purpose in her life. She then really took the Queen titel serious and took her peoples need first. The first problem she had to deal with, was something that had plaqued the undead for a while. Since Sylvanas had taken control of her pack of undead, after Arthas left, she had not been able to recreate more people. This meant that her people was on a over continuing decline, never being able to produce more forsaken. That problem got solved, with the inclusion of the Val'kyr into The Forsaken. These undead angels, would raise the dead of lordaeron and give new "life" to the forsaken army. So now, with renewed strength after the Northrend expedition, she began making plans for her conquest of the northen region of the Eastern Kingdom.

This plan came to fold with the beginning of Cataclysm, where she lead her army through Silverpine Forrest and Hilsbrad Foothils, destroying most alliance forces under her boot. This war was pushed on by the new Warchief, Garrosh Hellscream. He showed little love for Silvanas and her undead people, and pushed them into the meatgrinder which was the Gilnean-Forsaken war. Sylvanas, after this war, began to show little love for Garrosh, which eventually led her to join the army of horde revolutionaries who laid siege to Orgrimmar. Garrosh was jailed, Sylvanas kept doing her stuff in the Northen Kingdoms and now we are at the start of Legion.

Sylvanas is really a woman with a tragic story. She hated the undead for what they did to her homeland of Quel'thalas, yet she became undead herself and even began to rule these unnatural people herself. She know that there is little love for The Forsaken, outside in the world, so she does her best to become an important part of the Horde, so important, that they would never dare throw them out of this family of missfits. To keep this spot, in the horde, she has done terrible things, like using plague and torturing people, but it has since Cata, only been done, so her people can feel safe inside this world, which don't really want them.

PS: Wups, ended up not being so short O.o
    Last edited by Flurryfang; 2016-04-05 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    To keep this spot, in the horde, she has done terrible things, like using plaque and torturing people, but it has since Cata, only been done, so her people can feel safe inside this world, which don't really want them.
    Which was really bad, especially for those in the Alliance with braces. Now, gum disease runs rampant through Stormwind and people have white stains on their teeth where their braces used to be x3

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    Which was really bad, especially for those in the Alliance with braces. Now, gum disease runs rampant through Stormwind and people have white stains on their teeth where their braces used to be x3
    ..... Sorry xD A bit of a missword xD

Well, its hard to keep yourself short when it comes to one of the most active characters in all of Warcraft, but let me try.

She started out as a High Elf general. She was the leader of the defense of Quel'thalas when Arthas attack the land. She was killed by Arthas and later raised as a banshee - An undead witch. After having served in Arthas's undead army for some years, she took over her own part of the undead legion and named it The Forsaken. She only did this after Arthas had left for Northrend, where the LK were loosing his power over the undead. Because of the LK loosing grip of the undead around Lordaeron, Sylvanas took control of the eastern kingdom, including Undercity, after a few battles with some dreadlords.

She was now ruler of her own kingdom, and of her own people. Yet the world was still dangerous, especially with a strong new alliance being formed between men, dwarfs, Night Elfs and Gnomes, so she allied herself with The Horde, even though many horde members did not agree with this alliance. She promised that in return for her membership, she would bring the north of The Eastern Kingdoms, under Horde control. Her real reason for this alliance was not to keep her people safe, it was really to get help hunting down Arthas one day. That became possible when Arthas attacked Orgrimmar. The horde and alliance attacked Northrend and killed the LK. So now, with Arthas dead, like Maiev Shadowsong, needed to find new purpose in her life. She then really took the Queen titel serious and took her peoples need first. The first problem she had to deal with, was something that had plaqued the undead for a while. Since Sylvanas had taken control of her pack of undead, after Arthas left, she had not been able to recreate more people. This meant that her people was on a over continuing decline, never being able to produce more forsaken. That problem got solved, with the inclusion of the Val'kyr into The Forsaken. These undead angels, would raise the dead of lordaeron and give new "life" to the forsaken army. So now, with renewed strength after the Northrend expedition, she began making plans for her conquest of the northen region of the Eastern Kingdom.

This plan came to fold with the beginning of Cataclysm, where she lead her army through Silverpine Forrest and Hilsbrad Foothils, destroying most alliance forces under her boot. This war was pushed on by the new Warchief, Garrosh Hellscream. He showed little love for Silvanas and her undead people, and pushed them into the meatgrinder which was the Gilnean-Forsaken war. Sylvanas, after this war, began to show little love for Garrosh, which eventually led her to join the army of horde revolutionaries who laid siege to Orgrimmar. Garrosh was jailed, Sylvanas kept doing her stuff in the Northen Kingdoms and now we are at the start of Legion.

Sylvanas is really a woman with a tragic story. She hated the undead for what they did to her homeland of Quel'thalas, yet she became undead herself and even began to rule these unnatural people herself. She know that there is little love for The Forsaken, outside in the world, so she does her best to become an important part of the Horde, so important, that they would never dare throw them out of this family of missfits. To keep this spot, in the horde, she has done terrible things, like using plague and torturing people, but it has since Cata, only been done, so her people can feel safe inside this world, which don't really want them.

PS: Wups, ended up not being so short O.o

thanks for ur time man really appreciate it.

i think from ur answer i also started to understand the forsakens....simply are misfits for the world of living....

tbh i know this would be funny but...i think the forsakens also represents some of real life people. when u sometimes feeling u dont fit in ur society and stuff.

its almost like feeling "you born in right time but in wrong place"

i feel the forsakens is a "mirror of our suffering in this world which doesnt understands us"

almost like us GEEKS living among normal people and the dark lady protecting us xD

Didn't she only invent the plague to destroy the scourge and made it so the forsaken couldn't suffer from it?
    I haven't read that much about her story after Cataclysm, does anyone happen to know what books cover that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrek View Post

i wish i could get inside her
    <3
    me too!

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    me too!

/10char
    OMG! i ment get inside her head xD

rofl so sorry hahaha

Is the OP for real or b8, I really can't tell.

Deleted
    hello guys, this is my first post please forgive my broken english and sorry in advance if i made any mistakes in forum rules.

i been playing since 2005 and always loved and searched on many many warcraft characters in wow.

however the only character i never "cared" about to read and search is the dark lady. and to be honest i feel guilty cause i felt i left her out since i love this warcraft lore so much and searched on most of warcraft famous characters except her.

i have a weird feeling she have something interesting about her. to me i think she represents the strong will of females in warcraft "my wife will love this part xD"

if there is any chance someone can give me quick characteristics of sylvannas and how she thinks and what might be her ultimate goal in warcraft since shes already dead "no offence forsakens" cause i always see her as a silent character with mystery.

i wish i could get inside her mind.

thx alot for reading <3
    She is some evil and pseudo-badass teenage fanboys masturbation fantasy. There is nothing more about her to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    She is some evil and pseudo-badass teenage fanboys masturbation fantasy. There is nothing more about her to say.
    Great post mate !

OT: She doesn't always make people rage and create rage threads and posts on MMOC, but when she does, she goes all out. She is sylvanas windrunner - the most interesting man on azeroth.

7+ Year Old Account
    thanks for ur time man really appreciate it.

i think from ur answer i also started to understand the forsakens....simply are misfits for the world of living....

tbh i know this would be funny but...i think the forsakens also represents some of real life people. when u sometimes feeling u dont fit in ur society and stuff.

its almost like feeling "you born in right time but in wrong place"

i feel the forsakens is a "mirror of our suffering in this world which doesnt understands us"

almost like us GEEKS living among normal people and the dark lady protecting us xD
    Your welcome Its always nice to talk about some lore, once in a while

You are right that they do reflect some of the misfits, which we have in the real world. They are though unique in some way, which is why i have some love for The Forsaken. In the real world, misfits often gets a chance to change - to get back into society, by changing some few aspects of themselfs. This is something, that a lot of people do, after they have a phase of being Goth, Hippie or something else. What is unique about The Forsaken, is that they can never change. They are dead, and will always stay dead. They will always be different, and only like skin colour different, but with undeath comes immortality, no need for food and being rotten in general.

You can ofcourse interpret as you may, so you might see something in their situation, as i do not

Anyway, Sylvanas, and the Forsaken, is one of the more interesting factors in the Warcraft Univers. I hope that you will give yourself the time to read some of the fiction, which blizzard have written about them

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Sylvanas brining the Alliance tears since 2004 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Your welcome Its always nice to talk about some lore, once in a while

You are right that they do reflect some of the misfits, which we have in the real world. They are though unique in some way, which is why i have some love for The Forsaken. In the real world, misfits often gets a chance to change - to get back into society, by changing some few aspects of themselfs. This is something, that a lot of people do, after they have a phase of being Goth, Hippie or something else. What is unique about The Forsaken, is that they can never change. They are dead, and will always stay dead. They will always be different, and only like skin colour different, but with undeath comes immortality, no need for food and being rotten in general.

You can ofcourse interpret as you may, so you might see something in their situation, as i do not

Anyway, Sylvanas, and the Forsaken, is one of the more interesting factors in the Warcraft Univers. I hope that you will give yourself the time to read some of the fiction, which blizzard have written about them
    i really wonder if some day there will be solution for the undead...

like in X Men movie when they found a cure for the mutation..

i wonder how that will affect the warcraft lore and turn of events

Deleted
    I'll try to explain per short.

She was a high elf ranger general defending the forests of Quel'thalas (kingdom of blood elves today). Sister of Veressa Windrunner (wife of Rhonin, leader of Silver Convenant today) and Alleria Windrunner (lover of Turalyon, leader of high elf forces opposing the Horde in Warcraft 2, lost in Outland). She was quite vain as she was beautiful but also determined in what she did. One day Arthas came in with the Scourge trying to get to the Sunwell to resurrect a necromancer. She fought to delay him and warn Silvermoon but was largely unsuccessful. She was killed and because of all the problems Arthas had due to her, he raised her soul as a Scourge-controlled banshee, a spirit tormented with sorrow that would spread her sorrow to other beings through her voice. To add that Arthas managed to get in the kingdom with the help of a high elf traitor who also, if I remember right, killed Sylvannas's cousin.

Later on she recovered her body and became a dark ranger, which is somewhat like a death knight hunter. The Lich King started losing power so she broke free of his reign and tried to kill Arthas. She was unsuccessful so had to run. She decided to help free Lordaeron from the Scourge by joining with the freed undead and killing the dreadlords. In the process she also freed the human leader, Garithos, and forced a dreadlord into servitude. At the end of freeing the former Capitol City of Lordaeron, Garithos told her to get out as he was a racist and she was both undead and en elf. She said no and killed him.

She started consolidating her power and called her new people the forsaken (abandoned, as in abandoned by everyone) as the humans and other races would were afraid of the undead friends and family and shunned them. Her goal was to kill Arthas, who had now fused with the Lich King. Due to fearing attacks from humans and dwarves, she talked her way into the Horde. She also started developing a plague that would destroy Scourge forces and the living, but not forsaken forces.

In BC she started helping the blood elves (former high elves) in ridding their land of the Scourge by sending troops then pushed for them to join the Horde. They did. When the time came to assault Northrend she went again to Loth'remar (blood elf leader) to ask for troops. Initially she was denied but she threatened to retreat her forces from Quel'thalas, so they complied.
    During the Wrathgate incident in Northrend the forsaken were betrayed by one who had joined the Legion. He, along with the dreadlord Sylvannas had forces to obey her, took control of Undercity but Sylvannas escaped. With the help of Thrall, Garrosh and on the other side Varian and Jaina she was able to retake control of her city but orc troops were stationed so that the forsaken would not do what they had done before.

Eventually Arthas was killed. Sylvannas went to the top of Icecrown Citadel where she saw Bolvar now imprisoned in the ice. But her revenge reason was done so she jumped off the top of ICC to kill herself, to be at peace. The val'kir, former servants of the Lich King, gave her a vision of what awaited her people if she died, which was death for all under the leadership of Garrosh as he used them as cannon fodder. She also saw what awaited her in the afterlife, a void of nothingness, not eternal peace as she expected. A val'kir resurrected her and Sylvannas declared that she'd do whatever possible to protect herself from that void, using forsaken as her shield.

She invaded Gilneas when Garrosh ordered to and killed Genn's son but under her leadership the forsaken lost less troops. She also started resurrecting all those burried in the graveyards of Lordaeron giving them the choice "join the forsaken or return to the grave".
    Later on, during Garrosh's trial in Pandaria, she started talking to her sister Veressa and they devised a plan to murder Garrosh. Veressa would join Sylvannas in Undercity afterwards as she expected the Alliance to no longer want her after she usurped justice. Sylvannas was thrilled and was planning to kill Veressa and resurrect her as undead so they can co-rule the forsaken but Veressa couldn't go with the plan in the end. Garrosh escaped and Sylvannas was just angry at being betrayed by her sister as she went into the woods to rip animals to shreds.

Then comes Legion.

the cure has been found, Death.

7+ Year Old Account

It might be paying to much homage to X-men, but it could be quite an interesting subject to study. Since much of the forsaken war-arsenal is really only useable, because of their undeath, taking in life would change both the social stand of The Forsaken and its prowness in war. It is actually a subject, i think, where Sylvanas would be in both camps. It is no surprise that she hates being dead and longs for the days, when she could roam the lush woods of Quel'thalas, but she and her people have no place to be other then Undercity. Most of Lordaeron is barren, and would not be able to sustain a living population of forsaken. So many exiting things to play around with, if blizzard ever took the story in that direction

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    Rather Worgen then Undead, right?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    It's funny that those who think that way turn into slime
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol