Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    In-Universe is what I meant, sorry! The devs would be trying to write her with a specific character archetype in plotline in mind. I don't think it has to be sexual, just flirty and sassy.
    Well the thing with in universe intent, is that that can often be a handwave. Just an excuse for sexualisation. Like "oh yeah she's just meaning to be sassy, It's just a coincidence that it's a pinup pose." And again, not a problem if they want Tracer to be a bit flirty, just wasn't the direction I thought they were going in based on their response.
    Last edited by mmoce35ea8b457; 2016-04-06 at 12:28 PM.

WTF would "Trigger" in this picture? If people have become so feeble minded that a cartoon drawing can "trigger" some emotional breakdown, our society is worse off then I thought. All you "trigger" people, remember that we have men/women among us that have been to war and still manage to get through the day without triggering off of every sight and sound.

"trigger", ha. Maybe when you move out of your parents house you will stop being so sensitive.

I was one of those who shook their fists at the sky in frustration.
    But now... well played, Blizzard, well played.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    WTF would "Trigger" in this picture? If people have become so feeble minded that a cartoon drawing can "trigger" some emotional breakdown, our society is worse off then I thought. All you "trigger" people, remember that we have men/women among us that have been to war and still manage to get through the day without triggering off of every sight and sound.

"trigger", ha. Maybe when you move out of your parents house you will stop being so sensitive.
    I would like to see one post claiming they were triggered by the pose. Every SJW post I've seen on the matter has been more along the lines of "I can see where Fipps is coming from but why is this a big deal? Why do people think this is censorship?"

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I would like to see one post claiming they were triggered by the pose. Every SJW post I've seen on the matter has been more along the lines of "I can see where Fipps is coming from but why is this a big deal? Why do people think this is censorship?"
    Its censorship if someone aims to censor something just because they don;t like it. Whether it doesn;t fit their religion, or their progressivism cult.

It doesn't really solve the original complaint - although it does fit her a little better with the impression of her about to zoom off. And the pose isn't a big deal, but it does show that Blizzard still has a long way to go if this is less sexualised to them.
    Or maybe they want to show that they don't care about something that isn't a problem at all.

Although I am skeptical. There seems to be a difference in how the WoW team thinks and how this team thinks. Not to mention Metzen is on this team.

Deleted
    Its censorship if someone aims to censor something just because they don;t like it. Whether it doesn;t fit their religion, or their progressivism cult.
    No it isn't. People have every right to complain if they find something sexist, racist, homophobic, whatever. And then the original content creators have every right to take on that feedback and change their product accordingly. Criticism is not censorship.

No it isn't. People have every right to complain if they find something sexist, racist, homophobic, whatever. And then the original content creators have every right to take on that feedback and change their product accordingly. Criticism is not censorship.
    Its literally the meaning of the word. "Suppress unacceptable parts of something" .... how is Fipps being annoyed at a butt any different than a catholic woman trying to get Harry Potter banned because the use of magic annoys them?

this was always a non issue.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-04-06 at 01:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Content creators should be free to edit their material by choice for the sake of their creations. It's not censorship if they agree with some criticism and choose to adjust their product to better represent their vision.
    Free expression is not simply about creating content, it's also about removing content as well, if the creators choose to do so.

Again, personally, I didn't have any major problems with the original pose, but I like this new one way more and I think it's totally more character-appropriate for Tracer. It's just sells the idea of fun hijinks way better to me. ^^

7+ Year Old Account
    Well played, Blizzard... well played.

Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkenburg View Post
    Oh My!

Seriously though, if the new pose isn't based off that one, I have no explanation for what is going on with her right hand...
    It has to be. It is a perfect replica of this poster. One of the artists must have it hanging at his desk and told Kaplan "Hey maybe this would be better!"

- - - Updated - - -

Basically what everyone is doing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicalcrab View Post
    Content creators should be free to edit their material by choice for the sake of their creations. It's not censorship if they agree with some criticism and choose to adjust their product to better represent their vision.
    Free expression is not simply about creating content, it's also about removing content as well, if the creators choose to do so.

Again, personally, I didn't have any major problems with the original pose, but I like this new one way more and I think it's totally more character-appropriate for Tracer. It's just sells the idea of fun hijinks way better to me. ^^
    I'm not talking about Blizzard actually changing it, just the people trying to change the original pose because butts and poses that aren't sexual in nature somehow offend them. Thats exactly the same as bible thumpers trying to ban things that offend them.

Deleted
    Its literally the meaning of the word. "Suppress unacceptable parts of something" .... how is Fipps being annoyed at a butt any different than a catholic woman trying to get Harry Potter banned because the use of magic annoys them?
    Well the thing is - everyone has a right to dislike something and express their views. If you say that's not the case, then you are in turn censoring those people. I hate the anti-potter catholics with a passion, but they're allowed to complain. So it really isn't useful to talk about censorship unless it's about the government suppressing free speech, or the media altering things to fit a narrative. Calling a complaint on a beta forum censorship is ridiculous.

Its literally the meaning of the word. "Suppress unacceptable parts of something"
    This is literally not the meaning of the word 'criticism'.

HAHAHA This is awesome. Preordering the game right now XD
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Hahahahahha! Feminists can go choke on their proverbial ______. Loving the new pose. Alright Overwatch, you learned your lesson to cave in. You got my wallet back.
    ...Were people seriously considering not buying the game over something as petty as this? Seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

screenshots of three of the other skins, alternative angles.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not talking about Blizzard actually changing it, just the people trying to change the original pose because butts and poses that aren't sexual in nature somehow offend them. Thats exactly the same as bible thumpers trying to ban things that offend them.
    This is not a case of censorship, though. This is just a disagreement on the portrayal of a character. The original poster just kept their criticism to Tracer's pose, without talking about any of the other characters in the game who are much more "offensive" as far as sexiness goes.
    It's just small-time opinions being expressed on a beta forum. Blizzard just happened to have talked about the same thing internally.

Calling their post a call for censorship is just like crying wolf. It's literally free speech in action.
    Last edited by Magicalcrab; 2016-04-06 at 01:30 PM. Reason: literally using "literally" too often.

Hilarious. I still don't see why they had to remove the old one though.
    More options = better, no?