Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    They will never get a bounce like WoD. That was there one shot to get old players back and they did but they failed to keep them since WoD was fucking garbage. Those people won't be fooled again. Legion launch is going to be a wimper.

WoD short term content was great. i never intended to stay longer than a few weeks - to see the new zones/story/dungeons... enjoyed it alot more than MoP.
    i will be back with legion. and i'm sure many others will too.
    (and stop playing again after a few weeks)

Goodbye Blood Elves from Alliance buildings. You will not be missed, at all.

Deleted
    Sorry to rain on your parade (like i was some God taking a piss off a cloud) but Blizzard have pulled stunts like this before. Firstly to increase the capacity on 'Full' servers such as Outland Eu, you need to shut the servers down while you transfer the data from one server to the other or at the very least you need to shut the servers down in order to run this new and improved server that has a complete copy template of the previous server. If you don't shut down the servers people continually add more and change more to their originally saved template awaiting them on the 'copy' server.
    That aside, Outland Eu, has seen something of this sort done two times in its past. When a persons account has been inactive for longer than two years blizzard just reprograms the server to tell it only to count the accounts active under a certain time period, lets say a year for short? It tricks the server into believing that it has more space when in reality it has a lot of inactive accounts that are for all purposes, in a state of hibernation.
    Now although this system is good to allow other more active players on servers with higher populations what exactly can you remember happened at the start of every single expansion, on any server with medium to high pop?

They crashed because all of a sudden these inactive, hibernating accounts come online and explode the servers capacity which is usually already stretched way beyond its limit on these servers. That's why there is a queue system. Not because people are literally in a queue waiting every 1 minute for a new person to join in. No, they are not spacing players apart. Queues are effectively 1 needs to leave before 1 person can join. That is why Queue times explode into hundreds of hours. That is also why Blizzard does server restarts during launch because anyone gone afk to get some food or a shower or something but remain logged on so as not to loose their position, will get thrown back into the Queues so a few other players waiting hours will get their 15 minutes of Warcraft before another restart ushers a few in.

Blizzards servers are woeful and have gotten even worse since the server merges. What did you really think they were up to merging servers? That bullshit about making old zones more active is just a very stupid cover story. A PR stunt. The truth was to sell off hardware due to number decline. If there is server with lets say 5 realms on it. Each realm has 400,000 accounts and that is its capacity and you have another server with 5 realms and only 10,000 accounts per realm, then merging other lower pop realms onto the same Servers saves, money. Less servers to run and more servers merged together to make things look like there is nothing wrong with populations, then when a new expansion comes around, the servers crash due to the capacities exploding and Blizzard then just go silent while the bulk of their problem gets pissed off and stops logging on at the same times as everyone else.
    Problem solved until the next expansion.

Look please leave your emotions for the game aside. Blizzard is a greedy company that every year boasts about its improvement in cost and expenditure while, generating better money than they did the previous year. That is business. There is just no ethical or moral rules enforced in gaming and companies like Acti-Blizzard push well beyond what you or I would call decent behaviour. This is why gaming is in the toilet lately. Its extremely money driven. Blizzard normally declare that they have used 'brand new' hardware and 'state of the art' technologies when ever they do something they didn't before. They love to brag about that shit because it shows gamers you give a damn. But when a company says "We have increased the capacity of the servers"... when lets face it they could have done that years ago and make no mention of new software or hardware then it is just simple code for, we used a shortcut to save us money.

Most high pop servers have been medium pop servers now for a long time due to the player drop off. As soon as Legion returns the servers that were 'increased' are going to be unplayable and it will be like playing the lottery, just to try get on within the first 2-3 weeks.
    Rofl - I rarely post but I had to post here. So much tinfoil here it is impressive. How much hate does this guy have for the game that he produces such a tinfoil story. Class Act.

Quote Originally Posted by Ploon View Post
    Rofl - I rarely post but I had to post here. So much tinfoil here it is impressive. How much hate does this guy have for the game that he produces such a tinfoil story. Class Act.
    That has nothing to do with tinfoil storys or anything. you dont even need to be an IT expert to understand that what he says is actually true. And most of it is just based on facts AND experience fromt he past 10 years of WoW. Youw ould know if you would have played WoW since 2004. And if you claim that you do, then you are ignoring the facts he was stating about what already happend mayn times on all those years to the servers.

ps: there is a reason they do not talk about sub numbers and numbers in general anymore. and it is for sure not because the numbers are getting better and better every year.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    why does MMO-C post GC tweets here anyone who gives a crap about him prolly follows him on twitter anyway,

- - - Updated - - -

since GC left wow are we gonna get tweets from all the other people who recently left blizzard like bashiok etc just to have pointless filler for the front page
    We have democracy here so you have to see the stuff of bad developer who is uncreative(my opinion) that ruined WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sabe View Post
    We have democracy here so you have to see the stuff of bad developer who is uncreative(my opinion) that ruined WoW.
    I do play since 2004 - I barely log in these days because WoD is absolutely shit but we all know that for Legion more than 5 million people will come back and than it depends if they learned their lesson from the WoD desaster or not.

To be honest I don't care thatmuch and I never started to go into an argument with the doomsayers vs the white knights but that guy cracked me up. In a very long time I have never read so much tinfoil nonsense.

Anyway I don't care much for the game - I play it, I would like it to be glorius again but if not w/e. I am over my time in wow but that tinfoil post is just incredibly epic. So I really did take the time to comment on it and even to reply here again now.

Is it me or is Blizzards idea of a "PvP talent Tree" really taking away certain aspects of current abilities and turning them in to Talents to put into the trees?? lol... So essentially we just end up with exactly what we have right now.... -_-

Example 1 Greater Invis: Current a 1min 30sec CD, so in Legion Blizzard increases it to a 2min CD then adds the 30sec +15 extra and makes it a PvP talent essentially giving us the Greater Invis we have right now just with a 15sec less of a CD...

Example 2 Fists of Fury: Current stuns the targets, so in Legion Blizzard removes the stun and turns it into a PvP talent essentially giving us the Fists of Fury we currently have now...

You get the point, now im not saying every talent and every talent tree is like this.. Just they do this a lot even with regular talent trees... They are slowly taking away "choice" from the game and making it way more "simple"

If there are Worgen guards in Dalaran, then I think Worgen should get a character model update. If they are in the centre of the storyline in relation to Genn Greymane, then they all should be updated.

10+ Year Old Account
    so...Dalaran... big changes there...
    very disappointed with the capital of our next expansion
    I'm not sure you could beat not getting karabor/bladespire in WoD though...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    If there are Worgen guards in Dalaran, then I think Worgen should get a character model update. If they are in the centre of the storyline in relation to Genn Greymane, then they all should be updated.
    yeah it seems they're getting some story focus, which is great
    they could use at least a touch-up, goblins too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    Back at Blizzcon with a Wowhead interview Chris Robinson actually got asked the worgen/goblin question and said they are working on them. Now it's just a matter of when they 'working on it' becomes 'they're out'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    Back at Blizzcon with a Wowhead interview Chris Robinson actually got asked the worgen/goblin question and said they are working on them. Now it's just a matter of when they 'working on it' becomes 'they're out'.
    Really? That's excellent news =). Now the waiting game...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylum1 View Post
    Sorry to rain on your parade (like i was some God taking a piss off a cloud) but Blizzard have pulled stunts like this before. Firstly to increase the capacity on 'Full' servers such as Outland Eu, you need to shut the servers down while you transfer the data from one server to the other or at the very least you need to shut the servers down in order to run this new and improved server that has a complete copy template of the previous server. If you don't shut down the servers people continually add more and change more to their originally saved template awaiting them on the 'copy' server.
    Live Migration.

In before blizzard remove the server capacity info (low, medium, high, full) from realm selection page... The stopped announcing subs, next move is to hide server info

Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    Is it me or is Blizzards idea of a "PvP talent Tree" really taking away certain aspects of current abilities and turning them in to Talents to put into the trees?? lol... So essentially we just end up with exactly what we have right now.... -_-

Example 1 Greater Invis: Current a 1min 30sec CD, so in Legion Blizzard increases it to a 2min CD then adds the 30sec +15 extra and makes it a PvP talent essentially giving us the Greater Invis we have right now just with a 15sec less of a CD...

Example 2 Fists of Fury: Current stuns the targets, so in Legion Blizzard removes the stun and turns it into a PvP talent essentially giving us the Fists of Fury we currently have now...

You get the point, now im not saying every talent and every talent tree is like this.. Just they do this a lot even with regular talent trees... They are slowly taking away "choice" from the game and making it way more "simple"
    You call it removing choice; I call it finally treating pvp and pve like separate systems, each with its own balancing. I doubt the balance will be perfect on day 1, but I do appreciate that they will be able to make much more precise adjustments to each system that have zero impact on each other. About frickin' time!

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    In before blizzard remove the server capacity info (low, medium, high, full) from realm selection page... The stopped announcing subs, next move is to hide server info
    Exactly.
    It makes no sense to increased server capacity when they lost 6 million subs or dare I say by this point. Much more than that.

It's another move, PR kinda think to hide the massive sub decline.

First - Make sure to not tell the gamers subscription numbers. blizzard was all to happy to tell you numbers when it was 8 million or even 12 million. Subs drop to below 5 million (and I believe even lower than that) then suddenly sub numbers are a problem and must not be told.

and now, they increase server capacity when they are millions of subs lost because server capacity info shows numbers are down to the public. I wouldn't be shocked at all if blizzard removed that info as well or made sure to tell you how broad that information is and means little. Some kind of BS excuse of course.

blizzard. the masters of marketing and PR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelric70 View Post
    You call it removing choice; I call it finally treating pvp and pve like separate systems, each with its own balancing. I doubt the balance will be perfect on day 1, but I do appreciate that they will be able to make much more precise adjustments to each system that have zero impact on each other. About frickin' time!
    Well separation of pvp and pve in terms of balancing is of course a great thing - but this is not what I had in mind when I thought about separate balancing.

I would have expected them to have a separate tuning of existing abilities for pve and for pvp, possibly with different side-effects of these abilities (like, a counterspell with a silence effect at non-boss enemies for PvE and without the silence for PvP). I certainly did not want them removing half of our pve kit because these abilities are declared pvp only. This is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    That has nothing to do with tinfoil storys or anything. you dont even need to be an IT expert to understand that what he says is actually true. And most of it is just based on facts AND experience fromt he past 10 years of WoW. Youw ould know if you would have played WoW since 2004. And if you claim that you do, then you are ignoring the facts he was stating about what already happend mayn times on all those years to the servers.

ps: there is a reason they do not talk about sub numbers and numbers in general anymore. and it is for sure not because the numbers are getting better and better every year.
    Well...no, I mean it really depends on how the information is stored and how that information is being processed. Those both could be easy fixes, possibly expensive, but easy. Also, why would just the number of characters on a server, not logged on just created, have any distinction on whether or not what the server is shown as being. Last I knew the population was dependent on the number of players logged on, thus why when servers get restarted some show up as a lower pop then normal. Essentially the OP seemed to make assumptions based on what they thought was correct. Unless anything stated can be proven to me I highly doubt a lot of what's stated.
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D

Quote Originally Posted by vardaeu View Post
    Live Migration.
    I've never seen a 'Live Migration' where i didn't have to log out for a few minutes first. Are you telling me you literally got onto a shuttle bus like in Ulduar or Deep Run Tram and transitioned from one server to another without having to log out? When Blizzard or any company does this type of thing, servers restart or go into maintenance for a few minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Payroll your only argument?
    No I clearly stated my argument, you are the one that didn't have the capacity to create any form of counter argument. I would assume you think debating is just saying 'Nein Nein Nein' while erratically pacing back and forward in front of the army of mirrors you use to make it look like you have friends.

Please have you ever thought the capacity has been increased to avoid the crapstorm that was WoD?
    Firstly why are you pleading with me to think what clearly only an idiot can. WoD was not the only 'crapstorm' that has ever happened. That must have been your first expansion launch because otherwise you would know that every single unveiling for every expansion and in some cases world events has been a catastrophic catastrophe. E.G. Ahn'Qiraj, Dark Portal, Wrath Launch, Cata Launch, MoP Launch...
    On many servers even just loading into Borean Tundra, Mount Hyjal, the Jade Forest, saw servers crashing, players running on the spot and falling through the world and more. You say to me, 'Please won't someone think of the children' and 'Look to the past, they won't let that happen again' and i tell you this comparison is that of an idiot.
    This is what a Company like Blizzard think:

'Servers are getting empty, lots of inactive accounts. Lets merge more realms and re-order the current servers to read only accounts that have been active within the past 6 months. Then we can tell people we upgraded their servers and gain some faith'. - Dev 1

'But what about when Legion launches, won't all these inactive accounts return and flood the servers capacity?'. - Dev 2

'Yes, but what is the use in buying better servers when player numbers decline and drop off shortly after release. Lets not forget that even if the servers crash our fanbase are too dedicated and addicted to quit. Just let them get frustrated, pretend we are fixing it and meanwhile the bulk of them will start getting less interested to be online all the time. That way we can space log ins over the day rather than just at peak hours'. - Dev 1

More than likely the infrastructure has been redone so Legion doesn't end up like this as well.
    That is an enormous presumption of what a 'COMPANY' might do. Again like the above demonstration you are talking about money. The point of business is not just to make money but to do so as efficiently and as cost effectively as possible. If you think Blizzard is not interested in the money in your parents pockets you are DEAD WRONG. Even Valve, the greatest gaming company on earth with the greatest business plan and the most respected game developers in the business are entirely money orientated. If you truly think that Blizzard will not cut corners in order to produce profits, even at the expense of its own fans then you are madly naive.

But please call me a shill more since it's nice to know it's your only argument .
    Again, you are the only one that has not produced either an argument or a counter argument. This is not a debate because to enter into a discussion you need to bring something forward. You haven't. You may not like that idea but emotion has nothing to do with intelligence. Being capable of rationally, intellectually and logically debating a point, is actually extremely rare these days. (At least in places where intellectuals are hard to come by) You act on emotional responses, defending your favourite games pride. That loyalty is the exact type of thing schemers and manipulators thrive on. I would even predict that at some point in the future you'll be scammed based off your innocents.

I find it amusing people have been able to get so jaded over a capacity increase.
    Firstly whether you are amused or not, you cannot tell me what someone is feeling on the other end of their pc. So what you are actually happy about is some sort of schizophrenic delusion that is playing out inside your own mind. To derive that a person is feeling Jaded from a conversation is what idiots do when they cannot debate or argue their way out of a paper bag. You apply an emotional negative on the person in order to break down what they have said, instead of actually providing any type of intellectual response.
    I was and still am neutral about the point, i was just informing people of what blizzard actually mean by 'Increased the Server Capacity' means. Most people who have touched on that point have said the exact same thing. They are not convinced that Blizzard has done anything to increase server capacities because otherwise Blizzard would have explained the technology. That means publicity and good press. But they didn't. Because if they did and someone found out they did nothing that would be very very bad for the company. Being caught lying is something no company will attempt, instead they give you a load of lawyer talk so that if they are found out they can back track and manoeuvre.

So to conclude this rather enjoyable post, unless you can coherently break down my points and use your own knowledge base to provide your own counter argument then everything you say will most likely be some form of Neanderthal response of banging a club off your cave wall, while muttering a mix of inane babble.

TL,DR - You should learn to read so you can understand big posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylum1 View Post
    I've never seen a 'Live Migration' where i didn't have to log out for a few minutes first. Are you telling me you literally got onto a shuttle bus like in Ulduar or Deep Run Tram and transitioned from one server to another without having to log out? When Blizzard or any company does this type of thing, servers restart or go into maintenance for a few minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

No I clearly stated my argument, you are the one that didn't have the capacity to create any form of counter argument. I would assume you think debating is just saying 'Nein Nein Nein' while erratically pacing back and forward in front of the army of mirrors you use to make it look like you have friends.

Firstly why are you pleading with me to think what clearly only an idiot can. WoD was not the only 'crapstorm' that has ever happened. That must have been your first expansion launch because otherwise you would know that every single unveiling for every expansion and in some cases world events has been a catastrophic catastrophe. E.G. Ahn'Qiraj, Dark Portal, Wrath Launch, Cata Launch, MoP Launch...
    On many servers even just loading into Borean Tundra, Mount Hyjal, the Jade Forest, saw servers crashing, players running on the spot and falling through the world and more. You say to me, 'Please won't someone think of the children' and 'Look to the past, they won't let that happen again' and i tell you this comparison is that of an idiot.
    This is what a Company like Blizzard think:

'Servers are getting empty, lots of inactive accounts. Lets merge more realms and re-order the current servers to read only accounts that have been active within the past 6 months. Then we can tell people we upgraded their servers and gain some faith'. - Dev 1

'But what about when Legion launches, won't all these inactive accounts return and flood the servers capacity?'. - Dev 2

'Yes, but what is the use in buying better servers when player numbers decline and drop off shortly after release. Lets not forget that even if the servers crash our fanbase are too dedicated and addicted to quit. Just let them get frustrated, pretend we are fixing it and meanwhile the bulk of them will start getting less interested to be online all the time. That way we can space log ins over the day rather than just at peak hours'. - Dev 1

That is an enormous presumption of what a 'COMPANY' might do. Again like the above demonstration you are talking about money. The point of business is not just to make money but to do so as efficiently and as cost effectively as possible. If you think Blizzard is not interested in the money in your parents pockets you are DEAD WRONG. Even Valve, the greatest gaming company on earth with the greatest business plan and the most respected game developers in the business are entirely money orientated. If you truly think that Blizzard will not cut corners in order to produce profits, even at the expense of its own fans then you are madly naive.

Again, you are the only one that has not produced either an argument or a counter argument. This is not a debate because to enter into a discussion you need to bring something forward. You haven't. You may not like that idea but emotion has nothing to do with intelligence. Being capable of rationally, intellectually and logically debating a point, is actually extremely rare these days. (At least in places where intellectuals are hard to come by) You act on emotional responses, defending your favourite games pride. That loyalty is the exact type of thing schemers and manipulators thrive on. I would even predict that at some point in the future you'll be scammed based off your innocents.

Firstly whether you are amused or not, you cannot tell me what someone is feeling on the other end of their pc. So what you are actually happy about is some sort of schizophrenic delusion that is playing out inside your own mind. To derive that a person is feeling Jaded from a conversation is what idiots do when they cannot debate or argue their way out of a paper bag. You apply an emotional negative on the person in order to break down what they have said, instead of actually providing any type of intellectual response.
    I was and still am neutral about the point, i was just informing people of what blizzard actually mean by 'Increased the Server Capacity' means. Most people who have touched on that point have said the exact same thing. They are not convinced that Blizzard has done anything to increase server capacities because otherwise Blizzard would have explained the technology. That means publicity and good press. But they didn't. Because if they did and someone found out they did nothing that would be very very bad for the company. Being caught lying is something no company will attempt, instead they give you a load of lawyer talk so that if they are found out they can back track and manoeuvre.

So to conclude this rather enjoyable post, unless you can coherently break down my points and use your own knowledge base to provide your own counter argument then everything you say will most likely be some form of Neanderthal response of banging a club off your cave wall, while muttering a mix of inane babble.

TL,DR - You should learn to read so you can understand big posts.
    1. Countered your argument with my own so try again.
    2. If you think that is what an idiot thinks and have to make up your own delusions of what devs would do go ahead.
    3. Like I said. MORE THAN LIKELY. Never said it was 100% truth.
    4. You used the "shill" argument as an insult which btw the ones in this post ain't helping you push your argument.
    5. It really is jaded when people have to make up insane crap towards a server capacity increase.
    6. Why would I bang a club on my cave wall and damage it?

1. Countered your argument with my own so try again.
    2. If you think that is what an idiot thinks and have to make up your own delusions of what devs would do go ahead.
    3. Like I said. MORE THAN LIKELY. Never said it was 100% truth.
    4. You used the "shill" argument as an insult which btw the ones in this post ain't helping you push your argument.
    5. It really is jaded when people have to make up insane crap towards a server capacity increase.
    6. Why would I bang a club on my cave wall and damage it?
    1. Where exactly is your counter argument? Do you even know what an argument needs to consist of to be debatable?
    2. Looking into a mirror while you talk is not a good substitute for someone else in the room. (I gave you facts based on actualities, you gave an opinion based on nothing)
    3. What is 99% truth?
    4. I sarcastically joked that you must be on the Blizzard payroll, you made the argument of 'Shill'. (Please refer to No.2)
    5. So people who provide consistent, coherent, rational, logical, explained arguments based on real genuine proof from events that actually happened, are insane, while spouting your opinions with no credible evidence is sane or intelligent...?
    6. Because you're an idiot.