Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    As for the name calling...you shouldn't have to resort to that if your arguments could fly.
    I think you will find that I didn't call someone a retard unlike another poster did, but hey.

As I said, the realm populations dropped on my server from high to low/medium. Do you REALLY think that all those players you seem to imagine stopped playing stopped playing over one server maintenance.

My argument 'flies' because it is far more logical than thinking that players suddenly left like you are saying over less than a 24 hour period.

Can't be arsed with this pointless argument and the general attitude about WoW on these forums, they have turned into a cesspit of negativity that will find fault with anything that happens with Blizzard and in game.

Deleted
    Well if they increased realm pop cap it's a sign that they updated their hardware a bit.

Thus, Legion launch shouldn't be so bad as WOD was.

Thing is, currently no realms can be tested at maximum capacity due to content draught. The test will be on Legion launch and if the realm cap turns out to be too high... well they'll lower it. They did lowered it on WOD launch and it resulted in extremely long queues, reaching 5000+ players on high pop realms.

New game launches being terrible seems to be some kind of normal thing nowadays. Which is quite sad. Back in older days you could buy a game, pop it into your console or PC and it worked with all the features as intended. In most cases anyway, sure, there were buggy releases such as Gothic games which had more big bugs than Australia.

Buggy yes, but unplayable? No. Currently the games are often released in unplayable state. Such as always-online DRM combined with servers dying. Jesus christ devs, if you can't keep your servers up 24/7 and handle expected traffic, why the heck you use always online DRM?! It's not rocket surgery.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2016-04-06 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Well they are not you (and have access to far more, more relevant and conclusive information than any of us) and it's in their best interest to prepare for the worse especially after WoD's launch, no? =P
    WoD was debacle, garrison should have never existed, laying about flying should have never happen and 12 months without new content was a nail to coffin, if they are tying to learn from mistakes they should at least make some content for WoD in that 12 months....

No one really thought WoD would bring subs back to 10M either, and it happened.
    Yes it did but not with that long period without anything new in game. Wow has less players now than it had before WoD was released, 2 mill less or perhaps even more. Betting that they will get 5 million + players back when they fcked up so big with WoD is a huge gamble.

By merging I meant transfering people from a realm to another and "delete" the former, not connected realms.
    That would be the news they would sing about not keep it as a secret, because it would help players that are on "dead" realms

Spring and good weather never resulted in a huge, overnight, population decrease across all realms. Why would it now?
    Overnight no, but most guilds fell apart in spring/summer and decline of players is huge at those time of the year. As I said my realm had medium population since the start of WoD, ut had medium up till they changed it to low not before but in 17 months realm lost at least 30% of players.

The same exact thing can be said about them lying about it (instead of faking it) - What's the point if people can see?
    Would you rather your girl fake an orgasm or lie to you she had it?

Maybe the cheaper solution was to not add server capacity since we get another character slot per realm in legion? I mean it was just easier to make a bad expansion and when a bunch of people left the server population changed so new server hardware wasn't needed? Blizzard just lies all the time about everything.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2016-04-06 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    WoD was debacle, garrison should have never existed, laying about flying should have never happen and 12 months without new content was a nail to coffin, if they are tying to learn from mistakes they should at least make some content for WoD in that 12 months...
    Your opinion. Although saying they lied about flying shows you're just pretty much biased to be negative towards them nevertheless, it's pretty clear there were a lot of internal struggle with the issue. Poor management/leadership probably, but lying? Only if you enjoy victimizing yourself. Either way, just because (you believe) they haven't learnt from some mistakes, doensn't matter they didn't learn anything from any mistake.

Yes it did but not with that long period without anything new in game. Wow has less players now than it had before WoD was released, 2 mill less or perhaps even more. Betting that they will get 5 million + players back when they fcked up so big with WoD is a huge gamble.
    Everything they do is a gamble at this point, even tweets. It's not about betting they will get 5M players back, it's about knowing there will be players coming back that will push the servers. Wether it's 100k or 5M no one knows for certain, either way the more the servers can handle, the better.

That would be the news they would sing about not keep it as a secret, because it would help players that are on "dead" realms
    Maybe, maybe not. You just interpret that way because it fits what you've already defined as true. It wouldn't be the first time they'd done it, and if this is merely a step on a larger picture (ie true realm merges) they could be saving the announcement until they're closer to completing it. Either way just an hipothesis.

Overnight no, but most guilds fell apart in spring/summer and decline of players is huge at those time of the year. As I said my realm had medium population since the start of WoD, ut had medium up till they changed it to low not before but in 17 months realm lost at least 30% of players.
    They just changed what population says
    Then how do you expect that the drop was overnight, and across all realms?

If they were faking it up until now, why would they stop faking it only to then lie about it?

Would you rather your girl fake an orgasm or lie to you she had it?
    Point is not what I or any individual would "rather" have them do. (and weird comparison either way, for starters because, you know, I'm not in a loving relationship with Blizzard <_<)
    Point is, if there is no point in them faking higher pop numbers (as you said it yourself), then why would there be a point in them lying about pop numbers being lower?

Anyway, go check player activity and you'll have your answers. It really just seems you're just wishing for the worst, but if that makes you happy, whatever floats your boat I guess.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-04-06 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    While I understand your feeling, you're playing an MMO, playing with other people is kinda how the game works.

I do think that some realms need to be flat out merged as some are so low in pop that only 1 guild can barely raid mythic and that sucks.
    Most people have no desire to raid mythics so it would make sense that a low pop server would not be able to field more than 1 mythic raid team. Honestly, as long as my guild is around I do not care if I see anyone else in game.

Nothing special. Blizzard decrease server resources, when population drops, and increase them, when it rises. That's why severs are almost never reported as dead, even when population is at it's minimum. Current population should be about 3M players or even lower. Most servers in my region are completely dead - there is nobody in Tanaan and when servers starts after maintenance and instance servers aren't started yet - you see may be 15 players waiting for them to start outside of Garrison. But all of them were reported as Full. Now they're all reported as Low. I don't know, why Blizzard do it now. They're preparing servers for new players? This would be reasonable to do it near movie. But now it's little bit to early for this. May be they think, that some players will return to game, when they switch from Legion Alpha to Beta due to some hype reasons? Or they're going to do some contest, like Choppers before WOD?

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
    Soooo.. the realm population on my server went from high to low overnight because everyone just stopped playing overnight? Get a fucking grip.
    Yeah two of the servers I play on Stormrage and Area-52 are always listed as full when I log on are now medium to low, yet I see no drop in activity or lack of density of players in certain locations. I think it's pretty obvious they added more capacity to the servers in anticipation for an increase of players for Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Nothing special. Blizzard decrease server resources, when population drops, and increase them, when it rises. That's why severs are almost never reported as dead, even when population is at it's minimum. Current population should be about 3M players or even lower. Most servers in my region are completely dead - there is nobody in Tanaan and when servers starts after maintenance and instance servers aren't started yet - you see may be 15 players waiting for them to start outside of Garrison. But all of them were reported as Full. Now they're all reported as Low. I don't know, why Blizzard do it now. They're preparing servers for new players? This would be reasonable to do it near movie. But now it's little bit to early for this. May be they think, that some players will return to game, when they switch from Legion Alpha to Beta due to some hype reasons? Or they're going to do some contest, like Choppers before WOD?
    They are listed as low. I have never seen a dead server listed as anything other than low except during new content. I do not believe they ever shrank server capacity. Why the 3m everyone is throwing out? I don't think it is much lower than it was with the last reported number. But then my guess is just as reliable as anyone elses. The last sub drop was only 100k, and with 6.2.3 all the peoples were talking about the increase of activity in WoW. I don't think activity is a reliable source of subs. I have gone months with only logging on maybe a day or two before, but kept my sub.

Your opinion. Although saying they lied about flying shows you're just pretty much biased to be negative towards them nevertheless, it's pretty clear there were a lot of internal struggle with the issue. Poor management/leadership probably,
    ye and i bet half of that "internal struggle" consisted of " why the f...we made decision to no write even a single code line letting people play in 3rd axis , now chop chop rewrite it and we gonna pretend that it was planned from begining"

Quote Originally Posted by Aimscoes View Post
    Hey everyone.
    Today i've been observing the trade chat, LFD, & LFG Chats, as well my Guild. As a GM i always sit AFK a lot
    bingo

muhchars

Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    Because expansion launch days are always terrible? It seems pretty logical to associate the upcoming expansion with greater server space (although that does not mean I think this is a good solution)
    Why would they need the extra space? Their sub numbers will be in the gutter by then (relatively speaking).

The other day I checked a server I used to play on. There were TWO people in Orgrimmar. Two!

Not that I really care in the first place over the realm population on the realms I play but I didn't notice a major shift. Obviously though it's emptier these days as it should be expected. The tweet was mentioned often enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    There were TWO people in Orgrimmar. Two!
    A lot of realms shrunk significantly over time. Also orgrimmar isn't exactly "the place to hang" since quite a while.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-04-06 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    A lot of realms shrunk significantly over time. Also orgrimmar isn't exactly "the place to hang" since quite a while.
    It's still a good barometer of server health. Empty SW/Org = practically dead server.

Deleted
    So that's what's going on. Saw my huge-ass server at medium today for the first time ever. In the game, population looks normal(ly bad), I'm just getting hardcore lag since the maintenance, talking about 10 minutes to even load the doodads in my garrison.

shouldn't really be surprised, many people have unsubbed a long time ago

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    They are listed as low. I have never seen a dead server listed as anything other than low except during new content. I do not believe they ever shrank server capacity. Why the 3m everyone is throwing out? I don't think it is much lower than it was with the last reported number. But then my guess is just as reliable as anyone elses. The last sub drop was only 100k, and with 6.2.3 all the peoples were talking about the increase of activity in WoW. I don't think activity is a reliable source of subs. I have gone months with only logging on maybe a day or two before, but kept my sub.
    If they can increase server capacity during release of new xpack, then why can't they decrease it during content drought? As I said, just few days ago all servers in my region were Full - now most are Low.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    I'm not saying they are lying but.. Doesn't this sound just a bit too convenient for them? Server population low, "no! we made more room!)
    They made more room? If Legion launch is going to look like WoD launch - lags, queues - then we'll see twitt: "too much players, not enough room" :]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubiszot View Post
    They made more room? If Legion launch is going to look like WoD launch - lags, queues - then we'll see twitt: "too much players, not enough room" :]
    It wasnt the just the realm pops which caused all the shit at WoD launch... it was Xrealm tech being shit alongside garrisons being badly implemented into the game and causing a bottleneck.

Basically Realm pops were just one of many issues exposed at WoD launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    If they can increase server capacity during release of new xpack, then why can't they decrease it during content drought? As I said, just few days ago all servers in my region were Full - now most are Low.
    Why would they want to decrease capacity exactly?

I don't see it as a lie, the servers look so...empty in an odd way. Going to select a server looks too off for it to be just less people playing. Proudmoore has been high pop ever since I can remember, and right as it drops so do all the other high pops. There is no way that's a coincidence. I fully believe they increased the cap. The reason I don't know. I imagine part of it is launch day woes. Which I am happy for, they also might have analysts who are expecting a big return in Legion. I've played since vanilla and for me, Legion hype is just as big as WoTLK for some reason to me. I don't know if it's because WoD sucked that badly (it did) or if it's all the changes. Really looking forward to it, and so much more than I ever did WoD.