Thread: Stardew Valley

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Winter is a great time to catch up on diving in to the mines. Got enough gold, iron and quartz that I built up 8 tier 2 sprinklers. Now I am ready for Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Got this game yesterday, and I am having a blast. My only major complaints is that you really have to be specific with your mouse when it come to harvesting crops and the fact that I hate the fishing mechanic (I wonder if there is a way to make it a tad bit easier?).
    Fish the easy stuff by rivers to start. I fished near the trailer in town. Not sure if fishing out the trash in the pond by the house gives skill ups. Willy also sells some soup that will give a temp +1 to fishing. A lot of it is figuring out when to click more and when to do a slightly longer hold just to hold the bar where you need it. It's hard to explain, sorry. Just keep at it.
    Currently playing: GW, TORTANIC.
    Still visit: TSW, W*, GW2, Rift, LOTRO, ESO.
    Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Winter is a great time to catch up on diving in to the mines. Got enough gold, iron and quartz that I built up 8 tier 2 sprinklers. Now I am ready for Spring.
    atm i have 61 of those sprinklers on my farm which gives me 488 plots to plant i could be using iridium ones but i like the design of my farm and dont want to redesign it to fit them in.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm married, have a kid, and I'm raising some pet dinosaurs. Life is good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    I'm married, have a kid, and I'm raising some pet dinosaurs. Life is good.
    Only thing i dont like about the dinos is how small their sprite is i mean i know they are a coop animal but they could have made them a bit bigger (and maybe have them make some some kind of sound instead of being completely silent).

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    You should plant some flowers near those beehives for even more money. Honey gains flavor (and price) from them.
    I had no idea XD.

I will have to move my beehives! My farm is no where near that organised either. Its a freaking mess and I love it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Only thing i dont like about the dinos is how small their sprite is i mean i know they are a coop animal but they could have made them a bit bigger (and maybe have them make some some kind of sound instead of being completely silent).
    While it's hard to deny they look and feel kind of a like a rushed afterthought, I still love them.

I also got to looking at the Steam achievements, and I've apparently only got 4 left before it's 100% completed. One of them I've already done, so I'm not sure why it isn't unlocked, but I'll probably grab it in my alternate play where I'm shooting for the Joja membership path.

Oh, and it also looks like v1.07 is out, and I didn't even notice.

15+ Year Old Account
    While it's hard to deny they look and feel kind of a like a rushed afterthought, I still love them.

I also got to looking at the Steam achievements, and I've apparently only got 4 left before it's 100% completed. One of them I've already done, so I'm not sure why it isn't unlocked, but I'll probably grab it in my alternate play where I'm shooting for the Joja membership path.

Oh, and it also looks like v1.07 is out, and I didn't even notice.
    Yeah there was a small update yesterday where they added some things and fixed some bugs. Some things they added fruit trees can now give higher quality fruit if they are 1+ year old they also added spouse specific dialogue to all of the events and made it so friendship doesnt decay after reaching 10 hearts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good news for me on the fruit trees. Outside of the buildings, I turned my entire farm into a tree orchard since I've amassed enough wealth from farming to free up time so I could finish up finding minerals, gathering artifacts, and fishing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good news for me on the fruit trees. Outside of the buildings, I turned my entire farm into a tree orchard since I've amassed enough wealth from farming to free up time so I could finish up finding minerals, gathering artifacts, and fishing.
    I keep my fruit trees inside the greenhouse so there is fruit all year long while the area in the middle of the greenhouse is all ancient seeds so i get 96 ancient fruit every 7 days.

Alright, how do you get Hard Wood? I just about chopped up all the big stumps and hollowed out logs, and I only have 59. And I need about 150 for the next house upgrade.

Am I supposed to wait years for the landscape of my land to reset?

15+ Year Old Account
    Alright, how do you get Hard Wood? I just about chopped up all the big stumps and hollowed out logs, and I only have 59. And I need about 150 for the next house upgrade.

in the area below your farm go to the top left corner and chop the log to gain access to the secret woods inside there are 6 hardwood stumps that spawn everyday for a total of 12 hardwood per day.

10+ Year Old Account

There's a secret area in the forest you can access to the top left where tree stumps respawn daily, iirc.

Ninja'd

7+ Year Old Account
    I keep my fruit trees inside the greenhouse so there is fruit all year long while the area in the middle of the greenhouse is all ancient seeds so i get 96 ancient fruit every 7 days.
    My entire greenhouse is filled with ancient seeds outside of the 6 sprinklers i have set up.

As for the hardwood, I picked up the Lumberjack trait to make gathering it up easier for late game.

in the area below your farm go to the top left corner and chop the log to gain access to the secret woods inside there are 6 hardwood stumps that spawn everyday for a total of 12 hardwood per day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    There's a secret area in the forest you can access to the top left where tree stumps respawn daily, iirc.

Ninja'd
    Thanks, I'll give it a look see.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, I'll give it a look see.

there is also a statue inside the forest that will give you a stardrop if you give it a sweet gem berry.

Deleted
    I think that's not possible anymore with the latest patch (though I don't think it removes existing trees)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    I think that's not possible anymore with the latest patch (though I don't think it removes existing trees)
    Hmmm didnt see anything about it in the patch notes but it could have been an undocumented change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    If someone's able to test this, I'd love to know. That was actually going to be my plan late game. xD

EDIT: Also does anyone know how worthwhile Crit Power is? I bought a Templar's bled (lv.6 22-29) then recently found a Crystal Dagger (lv.9 4-10 50crit), I assume raw damage is most important, but am still fairly new so not sure.
    Last edited by Treeskee; 2016-04-06 at 03:49 PM.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    If someone's able to test this, I'd love to know. That was actually going to be my plan late game. xD

EDIT: Also does anyone know how worthwhile Crit Power is? I bought a Templar's bled (lv.6 22-29) then recently found a Crystal Dagger (lv.9 4-10 50crit), I assume raw damage is most important, but am still fairly new so not sure.
    The only place you can fruit trees in the greenhouse is in the soil now, but I daresay that you wanna put other stuff there, like ancient fruit for example.

Can't help you with the crit though, I always went sword and never used the crit build