Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    The exercise is obvious trolling so they can get someone saying something awful so that they can then make up retarded articles like the OPs link to prove how oppressed they are.
    Wow...how weird the world must look to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Bake sale with unequal prices by gender is sexist, imagine doing a bake sale and making white people pay more for cupcakes

Gender wage gap is a myth, debunked many times, it's political manipulation and if you fell for it you're not very smart

I feel like we've done this one
    It is not a myth. It is systemic. Men are expected to get higher wages, because their wives get kids and stay at home to raise them, so a man must be able to support a family. Such expectations never arise when the wage of a woman is considered. People expect her to stay at home and raise the child while her man earns the income. Then, you have these women who return to work after their kids get a bit older and can be taken care of at least half a day. These women are often stuck in half-time jobs with no career and development options, often also with worse payment than before. I see this every day, because my company has its share of part-time working mothers. They just don't get promotions, although they have the expertise of 10 years or more. And many companies even bully these half-time mothers out of their jobs, because they would rather have a full-time employee. Half-time workers definitely earn less, not just because they work less hours. This is reality.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2016-04-06 at 02:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    Gotta ask OP, do you ever post anything that isn't "oh look how bad women have it!!"?
    Im curious, but also cbfed to go through your thread and posting history.
    I sure do as @Linadra @HeatherRae will attest to.
    Don't put me into a box.
    Last edited by Tennis; 2016-04-06 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFlagofWar View Post
    You do understand that Africans were not the only slaves in history, right? At one point, about 1/3 of the population of Rome consisted of slaves, the vast majority of them being white due to where they were being collected. A pretty comparable example time wise to "Western Slaves" would be something along the lines of the Ottoman Empire's Janissaries who (ripped straight from the wiki) " began as an elite corps of slaves recruited from young Christian boys who were orphans".

Not to mention things like Chinese slavery across all of history, and...well, pretty much every other civilization ever at one point or another.

I don't see many of these examples still suffering the backlash of centuries of slavery..

But this thread is about Feminism, where we will continue to discuss the pretty much debunked wage gap, the double standards of these "online posts" mentioned in the article, and whatever else decides to come up until it's inevitably closed.
    White slaves...that's all I needed to read before I knew where your post was going. Red herring, red herring, red herrings EVERYWHERE.

Deleted
    So because of bad comments on the Internet, they think that justifies feminism? What a small, small world these people live in.

We insult each other for anything, all the time. What candy you like, what games you like, what movies you watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    So threats are understandable when one sells cupcakes is what you're saying?
    while threats are not ok I think the above is false in your wording of it and your "cupcakes" is you trying to add drama and pity to it more.
    "So threats are understandable when one discriminate against others is what you're saying?"
    would be more accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    So because of bad comments on the Internet, they think that justifies feminism? What a small, small world these people live in.

We insult each other for anything, all the time. What candy you like, what games you like, what movies you watch.
    Which tells us that society is sick and uncivilized.

Deleted
    “I’m so glad I know this event is on, now I won’t have to sort through all the ugly chicks when I’m out clubbing cos they’ll all be at feminist week instead”
    “Kill all women”
    “I’d punch a chick if she winked at me at the bake sale”
    “Females are fucking scum, they should be put down as babies”
    “I want to rape these feminist cunts with their fucking baked goods”.

The discussion is just beginning. Are you surprised that in 2016 there is still such a backlash towards women getting a fair wage?
    ... But these aren't aimed at the wage issue, or at women's rights, or even at feminism!
    These are standard internet troll comments.

Why are they being interpreted as anything else?
    Are there people that are so unexposed to internet trolling?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    A little ironic how the feminists are still in the kitchen baking cupcakes for us.
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHH!!!!

/dropsmic
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    White slaves...that's all I needed to read before I knew where your post was going. Red herring, red herring, red herrings EVERYWHERE.
    IE: everything that goes against my views is a red herring.... , guess that's a easy way to ignore things you don't want to hear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    ... But these aren't aimed at the wage issue, or at women's rights, or even at feminism!
    These are standard internet troll comments.

Why are they being interpreted as anything else?
    Are there people that are so unexposed to internet trolling?

Women sell cupcakes to prove a point. They get death and rape threats. I'm not okay with this. Are you?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh, I don't give a fuck if somebody swears. Using this deliberately, because it seems you prefer language that way. It is just so uncivilized. I immediately imagine somebody with low IQ and / or education behind it. Basically a person's opinion that can be dismissed because he has no arguments. Why stoop to insults and threads at all.

The stuff that is happening is a social issue that burns on people's mind. Would you be comfortable if your president went "Shut the fuck up Putin or I am gonna rape your asshole country with my big dick nukes"? Nevermind..I suppose you would like that.

If you have no arguments and just insult and threat it makes a person look like what they are. An idiot. Yeah..in fact..thanks for being so open, I know quicker to ignore them
    And when we get to the point of it being so socially accepted that even our presidents go around saying that, I'll give you the argument. But oh wait, we don't! We shame all those people as "Neckbeards in the basement" and don't take them seriously.

"Block" button is there. Use it. Or don't and be offended by these people all you want.

Anonymous shitkids on the internet like to post death threats to people. What else is new?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    A little ironic how the feminists are still in the kitchen baking cupcakes for us.
    I don't get your point. It's really admirable and appreciated if a woman knows how to make a good cupcake.
    Definitely gets a lot of points in my book.

Women sell cupcakes to prove a point. They get death and rape threats. I'm not okay with this. Are you?
    You may be the biggest dope on these boards.. and that is saying an AWFUL lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    @breadisfunny
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    Holy crap I can't wait for Mods to start banning people who create banned topics. You know this is a banned topic Tennisace, stop.
    You're trying to censor Tennisace because you don't like the topic? Why don't you let the mods decide if the topic crosses the line mate?

Nuh uh.

Clickbait is "5 reasons why Feminism is still a major issue"
    Sounds like you're talking from experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Fair enough, be closed minded and ignore the point of the message because of the mentioning of the word "white". Assume I'm "another racists, misogynist white supremacist" simply because I don't buy this rhetoric of "only 'X' has ever had anything bad happen to them ever, so please allow them to hate everyone else as a justified response".

This entire platform is based on double standards, and while feminism may have some merits in some areas, it's most vocal and likewise extreme advocates have been yelling "#KillAllMen" for quite some time, yet you don't see too many new outlets covering that, now do we?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    [citation needed]
    I'm speaking from personal experience. My wife got her PhD at MIT in chemical engineering, so from our social circles there we know a lot of engineers with masters or doctorate degrees, both male and female. They have now gone on and work across a large variety of tech companies, from major companies like IBM, 3M, Saint-Gobain down to tech startups. I am a process engineer and so also work in the field and have also worked both for a materials tech startup and now for a large company, so have had many co-workers in the tech field with varying chemistry or engineering degrees.

From speaking with and knowing a pretty good sample size personally, I can say that in the technical and corporate research fields specifically it is still very much a boys club and there is a wage gap and opportunity gap. I speak only for the fields in which I have had experience and know people and only in the United States and nothing else as I do not have the personal experience to comment on.

You can believe me or not, I don't care, because this is what I have personally seen and you telling me "Nuh-uh!" is irrelevant to my experiences. You can cite whatever rhetoric from one side or the other you want. I've seen it, I've experienced it, and I know people it directly affects. A male co-worker started at the same company my wife no works for at about the same time with a same degree but he is a bit younger and has less industry experience then my wife, he started at about $12,000/yr higher salary. Yeah, this matters to me, it affects my household income. You can cite the articles which state women just don't negotiate well, but that is also irrelevant to me as you don't know my wife or her negotiating skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Maaaybe the fact that they overlook them and then rabidly attack the OP and the women in question? Or that they defend those who made those comments while attacking the women in question.

Like it or not, posts like that tells the world that you are as bad a creep as those who threatened with rape and murder because they couldn't get a cheap cupcake.
    This is the 2nd most popular story on the Guardian yet on here we have so many just trying to brush it off. As if threatening women over a bake sale is no big deal. Scary stuff!