Page 46 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, it is discrimination, and we all do it every single day. I don't like sushi, should I still be forced to eat it so as not to be discriminatory? Should a prostitute be required to have sex with every single customer that comes her way? Should a gay business owner be forced to serve the Westboro Baptist Church. Should a black business owner be forced to serve the KKK?
    When they do not break the law? Yes.
    If they do break the law call the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    When they do not break the law? Yes.
    If they do break the law call the police.
    Personally, I think anyone who would force a black business owner to serve the KKK is a horrible person.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's fine as long as I can restrict services to people who believe in imaginary friends even as fucking adults.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Personally, I think anyone who would force a black business owner to serve the KKK is a horrible person.
    If you know they are KKK then get law enforcement to do something about them, if you just assume they are KKK and act upon it you are a vigilante.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Daquan Biggums View Post
    That's fine as long as I can restrict services to people who believe in imaginary friends even as fucking adults.
    You should be able to do just that.

- - - Updated - - -

If you know they are KKK then get law enforcement to do something about them, if you just assume they are KKK and act upon it you are a vigilante.
    Being in the KKK is not against the law, neither is being a member of the Westboro Baptist Church. You would force a black person to serve the KKK, that's pretty despicable in my book.

Mississippi is basically a bottom 5 state in every measurable statistic but their priority is the rights of gay people...tells you all you need to know. They're simply enforcing their status as the backwards bottom barrel capital of the western world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusyn View Post
    I have 2 tests, #1 I pull out my meat and judge reaction or #2 when I'm not drunk and I see 2 men walk into my hypothetical fortune 100 coffee shop holding hands, kissing and wearing matching gay pride shirts I instantly know. If they aren't obviously gay then I wouldn't know with either of my tests.
    If you "pull out your meat" and show it to men you think are gay, I know what that would make me suspect that YOU are...

Do what? It's not illegal to be in the kkk

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nobar View Post
    Supremacy Clause, anyone?
    It does say laws made in pursuance, meaning that it cannot violate it.
    Incidentally, this is where anti-discrimiation laws run afoul of the First. The reason they've held up is the shelf-life of Justices.

- - - Updated - - -

Technically it was Jewish mobs who wanted him dead. Pilate himself found neither fault nor reason to do so.
    9th and 10th amendment anyone?

- - - Updated - - -

Incidentally, this is where anti-discrimiation laws run afoul of the First. The reason they've held up is the shelf-life of Justices.

- - - Updated - - -

Technically it was Jewish mobs who wanted him dead. Pilate himself found neither fault nor reason to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Do what? It's not illegal to be in the kkk

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

This law will almost certainly be ruled unconstitutional, because it allows the Mississippi governments to also discriminate and restrict the freedoms of gay people. If it were just about private entities, the bill would be entirely unnecessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no overlap between the Civil Rights Act and the First Amendment, where there could be a conflict. The Civil Rights Act protects against action, not speech. And your "free exercise of religion" ends the moment it affects anyone else against their desires, because it infringes on their free exercise.

It's like that gun shop owner in, I think, Florida, who put up a sign saying Muslims weren't allowed in his shop. The court stated he was free to post the sign, since that's speech, but he's not actually allowed to kick out Muslim customers or deny them service, because that moves beyond speech and falls under the Civil Rights Act.

The 9th doesn't mean you get to make up whatever non-rights, like the right to discriminate on religious grounds, you want to.
    And the 10th really doesn't apply, since it doesn't allow states to overrule federal law, like the Civil Rights Act. Which firmly places this stuff in the federal wheelhouse, out of the 10th Amendment's reach. Because of the general welfare clause.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Nope, buying a cake is not "trolling" its giving someone business. And if you can't preform your job because of religious reasons then you should find another job.
    They should just bake cakes that say hateful messages on them. Can't cry about shitty service to someone who told you to fuck off in the first place.

Ideally sexual orientation and religion wouldn't matter, but left wingers seem to want to set w precedent that private property doesn't exist which is the true goals of the far left. Obstruction of private business is a disgrace to liberty

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's no overlap between the Civil Rights Act and the First Amendment, where there could be a conflict. The Civil Rights Act protects against action, not speech. And your "free exercise of religion" ends the moment it affects anyone else against their desires, because it infringes on their free exercise.

It's like that gun shop owner in, I think, Florida, who put up a sign saying Muslims weren't allowed in his shop. The court stated he was free to post the sign, since that's speech, but he's not actually allowed to kick out Muslim customers or deny them service, because that moves beyond speech and falls under the Civil Rights Act.

The 9th doesn't mean you get to make up whatever non-rights, like the right to discriminate on religious grounds, you want to.
    And the 10th really doesn't apply, since it doesn't allow states to overrule federal law, like the Civil Rights Act. Which firmly places this stuff in the federal wheelhouse, out of the 10th Amendment's reach. Because of the general welfare clause.

No anything not explicitly covered by the constitution is left to the states. The civil rights act governed inter state commerce, and is thus illegitimate as the federal government has no authority to govern commerce within a state

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    If you "pull out your meat" and show it to men you think are gay, I know what that would make me suspect that YOU are...
    Do you actually post anything in any discussion except for remarks about the posters them selfs?
    I been looking at your comments the past hour and they are just you saying "you're an idiot" without saying the actual words.
    You are very good at not getting banned, ill give you that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Do you actually post anything in any discussion except for remarks about the posters them selfs?
    I been looking at your comments the past hour and they are just you saying "you're an idiot" without saying the actual words.
    You are very good at not getting banned, ill give you that one.
    Offended by my joke I see?

Okay, let's be serious, since you dislike humor. The law in question is certainly both discriminatory and archaic. It should be struck down as soon as possible, at least if the nation wished to progress rather than reverse back to the bad old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    No anything not explicitly covered by the constitution is left to the states. The civil rights act governed inter state commerce, and is thus illegitimate as the federal government has no authority to govern commerce within a state
    And that's irrelevant, because the general welfare of the citizens of the USA is explicitly covered as part of the federal mandate, under the Constitution.

Plus, of course, the 9th, which you yourself tried to cite.

Also, anti-discrimination legislation doesn't "regulate commerce", at all.
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-04-06 at 03:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Offended by my joke I see?

Okay, let's be serious, since you dislike humor. The law in question is certainly both discriminatory and archaic. It should be struck down as soon as possible, at least if the nation wished to progress rather than reverse back to the bad old days.
    Thats better, I can agree with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mississippi pays its teachers the least in the nation, possibly by virtue of having the lowest personal income in the country. This is despite them being 8th highest money gotten per person from the government.
    http://www.nea.org/assets/docs/NEA_R...015-03-11a.pdf
    Related, they have the highest level of poverty.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_poverty_rate

They were ranked 48th smartest, by this compilation of various metrics.

They are the third most unemployed.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...mployment_rate

They are third highest in obesity.
    http://stateofobesity.org/adult-obesity/

They are third highest in incarceration rates.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rceration_rate

Maybe there are more important things they should be worried about.

10+ Year Old Account
    HA! You can believe that if you want, but it doesn't make it true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Mississippi pays its teachers the least in the nation, possibly by virtue of having the lowest personal income in the country. This is despite them being 8th highest money gotten per person from the government.
    http://www.nea.org/assets/docs/NEA_R...015-03-11a.pdf
    Related, they have the highest level of poverty.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_poverty_rate

They were ranked 48th smartest, by this compilation of various metrics.

They are the third most unemployed.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...mployment_rate

They are third highest in obesity.
    http://stateofobesity.org/adult-obesity/

They are third highest in incarceration rates.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rceration_rate

Maybe there are more important things they should be worried about.
    You just don't understand, all those problems are the gays fault! I hear they also cause tornados, hurricanes and earthquakes...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And that's irrelevant, because the general welfare of the citizens of the USA is explicitly covered as part of the federal mandate, under the Constitution.

Plus, of course, the 9th, which you yourself tried to cite.

Also, anti-discrimination legislation doesn't "regulate commerce", at all.
    The general welfare clause has only ever applied to the power to tax, it has never been carte Blanche to be a social engineer
    Last edited by satimy; 2016-04-06 at 03:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    You just don't understand, all those problems are the gays fault! I hear they also cause tornados, hurricanes and earthquakes...
    How can that possibly...OH SHIT they're second worst in tornado fatalities! It all makes sense now!

EDIT: Wait, it makes even more sense! Everyone knows that if you go to jail straight, you come out gay so the incarceration rate causes their gay problem! No wonder! And here I thought it was them being blatantly discriminatory, prejudiced and stupid.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2016-04-06 at 03:50 PM.