Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You realize you just completely contradicted yourself with those 2 bolded statements, right?
    I don't see how they did. Those statements are not mutually exclusive at all to me.
    One statement explains that the group of people that made claims that removing the pose is equal to censorship should still be outraged if they actually cared about the pose being removed in the first place. The pose still got removed and replaced "all because of" the feared boogeyman that is the SJW.
    The second statement is about how they personally don't fancy the new pose.

I think to say that those two statements are linked is quite a stretch.

It's not about how they personally don't like - it's how the pose while different covers all the concerns regardless. Nothing was censored as the pose does not hide Tracer's ass, she does not look less sexualized, and the pose is still not comfortable.

That also negates the caving in - because they didn't by that same statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You realize you just completely contradicted yourself with those 2 bolded statements, right?
    No, I did not. The old pose was still "censored", and Blizzard still "caved to one random person" by changing it.

There is no contradiction.

I was against the removal of the original pose, but this one is much better.

And we can now tell that they weren't removing the pose because they are afraid of butts, and that their justification that it didn't fit Tracer's personality seemed to be truthful.

I'm very satisfied with Blizzard on this.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    screenshots of three of the other skins, alternative angles.

Looking at this post makes me realise that basically this pose had to be in the pipeline long before the original complaint was made. From original sketches to all the other details this is a two to three weeks work.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlust View Post
    And we can now tell that they weren't removing the pose because they are afraid of butts, and that their justification that it didn't fit Tracer's personality seemed to be truthful.
    No.

The original complainer's problem was that it didn't fit Tracer's personality.

Blizzard's original justification for the removal was NOT that it didn't fit Tracer's personality, it was to not offend anyone.

Thus, your spin is pure bullshit.

Jeff Kaplan's original statement: "We'll replace the pose. We want *everyone* to feel strong and heroic in our community. The last thing we want to do is make someone feel uncomfortable, under-appreciated or misrepresented.

Apologies and we'll continue to try to do better."
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2016-04-06 at 02:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I guess we can agree on that Blizzard didn't really "cave in". They just agreed with the one giving the feedback that it didn't fit Tracer's character.

This pose is definitely more goofy, but not really any less sexy, so I guess they didn't fully agree on the feedback given. Which is just fine.

Besides, the "Over the Shoulder" pose is still there, for other male and female characters, and is just as "bad".

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Well, as I thought originally, they did make it more of an in-character pose, exactly like they said that they were concerned with in the first place. Good job, Blizzard.

However, this does make all the people that massively whined and complained that this was some sort of censoring act look really stupid now. Blizzard did exactly what they said they were doing, yet again. No conspiracy-theory needed, again.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like this one better but not for the defense of the troll who complained. But because this is actually a better pose period :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Blizzard goes from one sexually objectifying pose to another.

And now that the pose has been changed, suddenly all of the phony bullshit about "censorship" and "caving to one random complainer" has stopped. Yet if you believed that the removal of the pose was censorship, it's still removed; if you believed that Blizzard caved to one random complainer, they still caved.

It's as if the rabid anti-feminists don't need these phony bullshit excuses anymore. That's exactly what it is.

The endless mockery and sarcasm on Twitch or the Alive video whenever Tracer's butt appears might have been funny at first, but it completely misses the point. It's a strawman purporting that the problem is that a woman's ass is obscene, or displays of female sexuality is obscene (neither is obscene), and hence needs to be censored, when in fact the issue was that the pose was ridiculous, out-of-character, and completely contorted. The new pose is still each of those 3 things.

And what was all this for? Despite the torrent of idiotic outrage, nothing's really changed, except people being exposed as hypocrites. This is actually a proxy in a larger anti-feminist culture war and an idiotic controversy.
    Yea...stop talking for a sec. The Tracer pose was originally removed because it didn't fit her character. The "complainer" even said that it didn't fit her character. the "complainer" never mentioned anything about censoring the game nor did she bring up Widow (the sexiest character in Overwatch). She just wanted Tracers stupid pose removed and a lot of people (including Blizz) agreed. This new pose still shows her butt for the people that care and this also should prove that Blizz isn't censoring anything, just making character appropriate poses.
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

LOL Blizzard.... pretty much spat on that moron dude complaining well played!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    LOL Blizzard.... pretty much spat on that moron dude complaining well played!
    Unless you understood the dudes complaint.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    I....

I have no complaints.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    We will find out. If Blizzard has to change this pose, then it clearly was about SJWs. I mean lets be clear, someone got butthurt over a butt. Blizzard sat on their thumbs for months and months when it came to her original pose. Many people on that team saw the pose, someone approved of said pose. Then someone complains and it's changed? Had Blizzard changed it without anyone saying anything and added this new pose along with that same detailed explanation they gave, I would believe them. This is why I respect Capcom a little more than Blizzard when it came to their own "Butt gate", they made the change to not show R Mika's butt slap without any outside pressure from what I know.
    Its fairly obvious that this was all a publicity stunt. Mother complaining bout a teenage daughter (Who, unless completely isolated from the world, will be repeatedly exposed to WORSE sexual attention throughout all of school) about a single pose when there are a number of more sexualized/drug using/otherwise bad influence characters (Widowmaker, Roadhog, ect).

This entire thing was nothing more then a publicity stunt to get more people interested in Overwatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    I'm going to have to say it, but I was annoyed the originally got rid of the pose, for a lot of reasons, but mainly why get rid of something when you can have that and the other thing, it's like best of both worlds.

How ever... This new pose, I'm not a fan of right now, it looks awkward not because of sexual stuff, but if this is her victory pose, it looks painful as crap standing on your tip-toes like that while doing it, it's gonna require a lot of balance and yeah, I just wish they had kept the original and then added this. It's more about having your cake eating it and enjoying the taste why get rid of something people didn't mind (some enjoyed) and add this, and not keep both, you completely win then people who want the pose still in get it, those who want this pose still get it, and those who don't like these poses don't have to use them. And I won't use this one for the reason like I said just looks too awkward and painful.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

The original complainer's problem was that it didn't fit Tracer's personality.

Blizzard's original justification for the removal was NOT that it didn't fit Tracer's personality, it was to not offend anyone.

Thus, your spin is pure bullshit.
    Given that they made a second statement elaborating on their intentions, I don't think we should read too much into that first post or consider it in its own context. It was effectively amended, and with the new information it would seem that they wanted to change the pose into something less "Generic Butt"-y and more appropriate for Tracer as an adventurous, hopeful spirit. Fun and energetic, rather than a mundane and boring center-frame-butt pose.
    Which I personally think this pose nails without being overtly sexual or anything. I like it.

You're right, though, that this does make the conspiracy-theorists and, generally speaking, quite whiny folks look silly and hypocritical with their claims that Blizzard "lied" or that they orchestrated this whole absurd scenario as a public relations maneuver.
    As I and others have pointed out; Blizzard did exactly what they said they would in their second post. But I guess people were quite a bit too eager to be angry at something, and they made up a boogeyman that they now claim to have slain victoriously. It's just really sad, more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    You can see her butt even more pronounced... hahaha... HAHAHA! HAHAAHAHAHAHAHA! -Tears of joy-
    Oh my fuck yeah tears of joy.
    If this is really the replacement pose...I fucking love Jeff Kaplan/whomever gave the go-ahead for this.

The previously outraged anti-feminists are all coming out to revise history and move the goalposts: No, we weren't demanding that Blizzard not cave to one SJW complainer, we weren't demanding that the old pose not be removed, all we really wanted was to keep Tracer's butt.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2016-04-06 at 03:36 PM.

revise history and move the goalposts
    It's almost like people change opinions as events unfold.
    Bigger picture and all that :].

Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    Oh my fuck yeah tears of joy.
    If this is really the replacement pose...I fucking love Jeff Kaplan/whomever gave the go-ahead for this.
    It is. It's in the game right now.