Thread: Stardew Valley

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    If someone's able to test this, I'd love to know. That was actually going to be my plan late game. xD

EDIT: Also does anyone know how worthwhile Crit Power is? I bought a Templar's bled (lv.6 22-29) then recently found a Crystal Dagger (lv.9 4-10 50crit), I assume raw damage is most important, but am still fairly new so not sure.
    Daggers suck hands down.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Daggers suck hands down.
    Okay, thanks. I figured sword was going to be better and would have been crushed if I spent that gold only to replace it 5 floors later xD
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

15+ Year Old Account
    so there was an unfortunate transporter accident on my farm and now my wife and horse are fused together as a centaur

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    so there was an unfortunate transporter accident on my farm and now my wife and horse are fused together as a centaur

Can you ride her?

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who isn't very far yet, super envious of how kick ass your farm looks.

Also is that a mod for textures or do we get different silos later on?
    Last edited by Treeskee; 2016-04-08 at 09:43 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15+ Year Old Account
    As someone who isn't very far yet, super envious of how kick ass your farm looks.

Also is that a mod for textures or do we get different silos later on?
    Its a darker buildings mod i like it because it fits my farms theme very well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    Can you ride her?
    Yes

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes

Well at least now your wife has a purpose. Wonder what would happen if you tried to have a kid though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    Well at least now your wife has a purpose. Wonder what would happen if you tried to have a kid though.
    hehe its just a horse mod so its not like abigail is gone.

Centaur waifu?!

Best. Game. Ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know if there is significance or a purpose to this random starry bird thing that I saw flying over my farm? Going to keep it spoiler tagged just in case.

7+ Year Old Account
    If there was a cut scene, then there is a purpose (even if it's minor). If you just happened to notice something while playing normally, it's likely nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know if there is significance or a purpose to this random starry bird thing that I saw flying over my farm? Going to keep it spoiler tagged just in case.
    I think that bird is just to signify that its getting late because its shape is that of an owl.

hehe its just a horse mod so its not like abigail is gone.
    So it's just a horse replacer? Sad, I was actually kinda hoping that it was an Abigail replacer so I could actually be married to a Centaur.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    So it's just a horse replacer? Sad, I was actually kinda hoping that it was an Abigail replacer so I could actually be married to a Centaur.
    Sadly it wouldnt work because the horse and NPcs have different size limits a centaur wife wouldnt fit the NPC limit.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Real talk: How good is this game?

Steam user rating is undeniable, but I'm just curious what 'real' people think about it. Given the widespread appeal and reviews, I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it. Is it because they are all just that busy having their soul consumed by the game? Inquiring minds want to know.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post

Steam user rating is undeniable, but I'm just curious what 'real' people think about it. Given the widespread appeal and reviews, I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it. Is it because they are all just that busy having their soul consumed by the game? Inquiring minds want to know.
    It's an absolutely amazing game in terms of accomplishing what it sets out to do. It's a bigger, better, more polished, more expansive, more charming version of the classic Harvest Moon. Stardew Valley is to HM as Shovel Knight was to the NES platformers that inspired it.

So if the fantasy of growing crops, making friends, building up a farm, and going on all sorts of cute adventures around a whimsical, fantasy-tinged town in the country appeals to you, you'll probably adore Stardew Valley. That being said, if you're someone who doesn't care much for atmosphere, tone, or the general fantasy of being sucked into a game world, and desires instead keenly designed moment-to-moment gameplay with a tight feel and deep mechanics, you might not be so hot on it. The main gameplay of Stardew Valley is very basic, occasionally a little clunky, and not particularly deep when you look at it in a vacuum. The combat, for example, would be laughed at if it was the core part of another game.

It's a title that's very much a sum of its parts, however. While the act of watering plants or slapping slimes with a sword might not be insanely satisfying in and of itself, these things are tiny elements of a much broader whole. The sheer variety of things to do is staggering, and they all combine beautifully to create an incredibly rich game world that's just delightful to lose yourself in for a few hours.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    So if the fantasy of growing crops, making friends, building up a farm, and going on all sorts of cute adventures around a whimsical, fantasy-tinged town in the country appeals to you, you'll probably adore Stardew Valley.

*snip*

It's a title that's very much a sum of its parts, however. While the act of watering plants or slapping slimes with a sword might not be insanely satisfying in and of itself, these things are tiny elements of a much broader whole. The sheer variety of things to do is staggering, and they all combine beautifully to create an incredibly rich game world that's just delightful to lose yourself in for a few hours.
    My wife got me into Harvest Moon, which I never actually played when it was first around. I have played New Beginnings on DS and it was pretty good, but I'm almost always on my PC for other things anyways so the idea of having one like this is very appealing. The idea of doing all those things in a whimsical world is definitely my cup of tea...I could already sort of feel the atmosphere in the trailer for the game and I really need a game to just absorb into relaxation to get away from work stress.

Sounds like this game could be good for that. Well....hrm. This sounds really promising.
    BAD WOLF

I'm always reluctant to buy into the hype surrounding a game just because it's well reviewed. In this case it's well worth the praise it gets - it's one of those hidden gems. If you ever played and liked any of the Harvest Moon games then you'll most definitely like this. It's very similar but it also manages to be unique in many ways too. It'll be interesting to see what is added to the game over time assuming there's DLC added.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bootlegged this game Monday night, Overwatch burnout is real. =o[
    This game was amazing. So I purchased on steam last night.

7+ Year Old Account

If you like Harvest Moon at all, this is the perfect game for you. It's like a hybrid of Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, and Rune Factory Frontier. Not only is it on PC, but it does a lot of things better and smoother than it's inspiration. For me, it's the best farming and life progression game I've ever played. I can't sing enough praise for this title that only has a $15 tag on it. It serves me best when I just need to unwind. It's a calm, but extremely rewarding experience for me. That alone would be enough for me to drop full price on this one, 'cause between the kids and job... some days I come home and I just need an escape. Stardew Valley is my medication, in that regard.

There's a ton to do - fishing, mining/slaying monsters, farming, socializing, running errands, and contributing to the entire community. All of that is just the base game. There is also a ton of replayability and good times to be had from the expansive modding community that is active with the game. Retextures, more marriage options, sprite/portrait changes, custom events, expanding locations, slowing time to get more done in a day, etc. are all options if you want to tweak the game after you play the vanilla experience for a while.