Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    My take on it is that his "leadership" of the Knights of Ren is likely equivalent to being class president - for all their delusions of grand evilness, their real leader is obviously Snoke, their instructor and teacher (who they take orders from). The position Kylo Ren / Ben Solo occupies is more teacher's pet / head of the pack than any sort of command, and even that probably has a basis more in his sheer power with the Force and/or being the first to take the plunge in rebelling against Luke than any real leadership ability.
    Nice analogy, makes a lot more sense in that case...at least I can understand that kind of power dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Age doesn't matter. It seems like there have been years since he ran off to become a Sith. Since then, he's been living under Snoke's skirt. He has probably been controlled all the time, even without knowing it. Now, Jedi train their students to abandon emotions, and those who manage it would probably seem mature and wise far beyond their years. Sith do the complete opposite. If there's one thing you can expect Snoke not to do with Kylo, it's helping him resolve his issues. A Sith is supposed to find strength in their issues, one way or another. One Sith could have hate towards someone/something drive him all his life, never really dealing with his issues. Another could become a true Sith after growing mentally strong enough to be able to cut all his ties with the past - this was supposed to be the case with Kylo, except he failed, meaning he's still not a true Sith. Snoke even says that himself.

As for his past, he didn't need to have such a terrible life. It's pretty clear that he had a breakdown during his puberty, and he's stuck in that period even after, I don't know, 15 years. In our world, most people crash into real life (or maybe, real life crashes into them) at some point, forcing them to get over their shitty, immature attitude. That's not the case with Kylo Ren, who, in his own mind, owns the world. He knows that, apart of Snoke, noone can do anything to him. I can't imagine being mostly untouchable helping with going through puberty. I mean, look at Justin Bieber or any other mass-produced teen pop-star, they are just like Kylo Ren, except our world does have authorities, SW world does not. The Sith and the Jedi are the top of the jungle, and frankly, there are no Jedi around anymore as far as most people know.

So yeah, in our world a 30-year old acting like a spoiled, angsty kid is really out of place, but we're a part of a society that expects people to grow up pretty fast. Sith surely don't care about people growing up fast, they care about power, and one doesn't need to be mature to be powerful.

I'm making a lot of assumptions, but I really think they are safe to make. With that, Kylo's character makes perfect sense.
    You are making some assumptions, but I feel they are pretty good ones. Good points sir!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Romano View Post
    What was a sign of Disneyfication ?
    I know the scene at the end where R2 and BB joined the map has been called out as too "Disney".
    READ and be less Ignorant.

He has a baby face, dude.
    He still looks young.
    Ray Park was young but he looked like a demon with all that make up.
    Perhaps people did expect a more monster-like character.
    But lets be honest, most Sith before him had a more menacing or authoritative appearance.
    I've heard this so much, I don't understand how so many people can miss that this was the point. He's all intimidating and badass in his mask and outfit, but underneath that he's just a pasty, insecure man-child who can't control his emotions. Do people really not get that this is how his character is supposed to be and this is why he wears the outfit?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    I've heard this so much, I don't understand how so many people can miss that this was the point. He's all intimidating and badass in his mask and outfit, but underneath that he's just a pasty, insecure man-child who can't control his emotions. Do people really not get that this is how his character is supposed to be and this is why he wears the outfit?
    EXACTLY. His acting is perfect for the role. It's so good people BELIEVE IT.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post

I know the scene at the end where R2 and BB joined the map has been called out as too "Disney".
    I fail to see the logical connection.

So, has anyone actually bought the Blu-Ray so people can actually see and remember this movie correctly for a pretty good Star Wars film? IE, they can see all the things they missed and then wrote off as flaws?

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    My only real problems with this movie were the death star rehash, casting and acting for Kylo Ren(omgsobad) and FN-2187(justasbad.)

My friends and I think

would make a better FN and

for a better Kylo Ren.

They played their parts great. Kylo was a great example of a sith who's had very little training in how to control his rage and focus it and lashes out. Finn was good too, I love the bro moments with him and Poe

Deleted
    Wait really? Ben Solo is 30? That kind of ruins it. His emotional immaturity makes sense for a 18-22 year old not a middle aged man.
    Total agreed, that make his immaturity even worse. Thought he was about the same age as Rey.

I fail to see the logical connection.
    Hey me too, but its a complaint I have read.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    They played their parts great. Kylo was a great example of a sith who's had very little training in how to control his rage and focus it and lashes out. Finn was good too, I love the bro moments with him and Poe
    "You're my whole world bro"

- - - Updated - - -

Hey me too, but its a complaint I have read.
    Only Disney movies have cute robots.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    As far as Kylo Ren being "immature" goes, I have a feeling a great number of posters here lack the required level of empathy to be able to recognize and both empathize as well as relate with the obviously immense emotional turmoil the character is going through in the movie, which is also quite apparent in Driver's great performance, and as such they're blanking out on that part of immersion with the movie, and simply looking at the scenes where Kylo destroys a bunch of stuff, leading them to the emotionally stunted conclusion that he must be "immature" because he's destroying a bunch of stuff.

That's my take on it anyway, knowing how emotionally stunted and free from empathy people tend to be, always confusing empathy with sympathy and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Only Disney movies have cute robots.
    That must mean the original trilogy are Disney movies too, for R2D2 is cute, CUTE I SAY!

Wait really? Ben Solo is 30? That kind of ruins it. His emotional immaturity makes sense for a 18-22 year old not a middle aged man.
    Have you ever met the kind of people who idolise Dark Siders?

About 30, act like teenagers...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epileptic Tree Theory on who/what Snoke is: an intelligent Sith holocron. The projection we see is either completely fake, or of what he looked like before died and was uploaded into / stored his spirit in the holocron.
    Last edited by ringpriest; 2016-04-07 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Fixing spoiler tag, oops.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Deleted
    So I finally watched this thing recently and oh god this movie sucks.

Like holy crap, if I were George Lucas I'd curse the name Disney.

British Mary Sue meets Black Mary Sue fighting the awkward looking bad guy, before blowing up the Death Star (again) in a less cool way. At the end Luke appears. The end.

Highlight and best actor: The droid.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-04-07 at 03:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    "I'm just an angry kid!"
    He could be magnificent, become a iconic villain, think what horror it is, a angry kid/teen swings ultimate power, and kill his father (the last restraining force gone) and then deceive defeat Rey, and realy hurt her like rape here. Now that Kylo is a nightmare of terror.

But the movie make him totaly patetic becuse Rey defeat him so "easily"

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    and then deceive defeat Rey, and realy hurt her like rape here. Now that Kylo is a nightmare of terror.
    Bro, you watch too much Game of Thrones.

10+ Year Old Account
    TFA is a good example of really bad parenting and ticking all the PC checkboxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Nah, it is merely that after Maul, Sidious,Grievous,Dooku, people edidnt expect a kid.
    But he is the son of Han and Leia. The movie is set 30 years after we last saw them. Not really sure what you were expecting....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    But he is the son of Han and Leia. The movie is set 30 years after we last saw them. Not really sure what you were expecting....
    Kylo Ren was doing fine till he opened his mask. There was absolutely no reason to show Driver's face.

The other mistake was having Rey beat Ren in the duel. The duel should have been a stale mate, and not have Rey win outright. Makes force training sorta moot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.