Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of wonder if the people that have a problem with this protest have the same problem when the huey p newton gun club do the exact same thing?
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Can I ask, is it the guns that make the protest intolerable?
    I'm not a fan of either the masks or the guns. I guess so? Then again, I live in MD and the laws / culture here is significantly different than Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    I kind of wonder if the people that have a problem with this protest have the same problem when the huey p newton gun club do the exact same thing?
    If they showed up unannounced in masks and armed at someone's church, or temple, or mosque, yeah that's a real problem.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    If they showed up unannounced in masks and armed at someone's church, or temple, or Mask, yeah that's a real problem.
    well they do it all the time, not at churches but other public places, and they are deeply connected to the nation of Islam ( the hate group that runs the " mosque" in question) and were the ones that showed up as the counter protesters. So once again, this protest really had nothing to do with Muslims other then the group being protested being yet another group of radicals using the religion as a cover to promote their hate.
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

well they do it all the time, not at churches but other public places, and they are deeply connected to the nation of Islam ( the hate group that runs the " mosque" in question) and were the ones that showed up as the counter protesters. So once again, this protest really had nothing to do with Muslims other then the group being protested being yet another group of radicals using the religion as a cover to promote their hate.
    I wouldn't be comfortable with them, or really any group, protesting with guns and masks. It's just asking for shit to go down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    This is a very one sided article. The New Black Panther Party and Nation of Islam movement are just as bad as these masked men, it wasn't like they stood outside a random mosque.

Here is a typical picture of the one of the innocent groups being oppressed...

The golden Guy Fawkes mask kills me. My sides are in the stratoaphere.

Masks...like the Mike Brown protests?Some of them, THe BLM protests? So..you don't really have an issue with people wearing masks.
    Armed, like with rocks,home made spears,knives,shields etc...like...the Occupy Wall street people? The BLM people? So..you do not really care if they are armed and backing a ploy you care about.
    Not seeing your issue, it ended peacefully, if you really cared these people were armed and wearing masks you would apply it to the other protests mentioned and "decry" them as much as you feign caring about these ones.
    Oh, the other ones didn't always end peacefully.
    So, there is that .

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    Masks...like the Mike Brown protests?Some of them, THe BLM protests? So..you don't really have an issue with people wearing masks.
    Armed, like with rocks,home made spears,knives,shields etc...like...the Occupy Wall street people? The BLM people? So..you do not really care if they are armed and backing a ploy you care about.
    Not seeing your issue, it ended peacefully, if you really cared these people were armed and wearing masks you would apply it to the other protests mentioned and "decry" them as much as you feign caring about these ones.
    Oh, the other ones didn't always end peacefully.
    So, there is that .
    What if I do have a problem with all protests that need you to wear a mask or threaten the safety of others...? Glad to see you're speaking for every person in this thread.

I grew up in Highland Park in Dallas, so I know for a fact that if the roles were reversed the Muslims would so be it handcuffs with about 20 SUV cop cars present. It was a common joke that Mexicans and blacks could not drive around the Park Cities unless they had lawn or construction equipment in the back of their work truck. Hell the maid my mom had even told me she had to buy a nice car just to be able to work in the Park Cities. That area of Dallas is filled with rich pretentious assholes of both sides of the political spectrum. Hated it so much.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    The nation of Islam is to Muslims as the church of latter days saints are to Christians
    Last edited by stabetha; 2016-04-06 at 08:09 PM.
    I hate America

Is it a big deal? Not really. Is it stupid and somewhat offensive? Double yes. My biggest issue is them furthering the already bad name that firearm enthusiasts have.

Also

Purlie Gates
    lol.
    Last edited by Ninjavitis; 2016-04-06 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    If they are abiding by the law, then no problem at all.
    Peaceful protests are lawfully allowed. Coming fully armed with combat gear, masks to hide your identity and guns does not scream "peaceful" to any sane person. It screams "I am here to threaten you, and possibly kill you if things go south." More than enough reason to bring the police in. It sounds like they were able to keep things under control from there without arresting anybody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theses are the people they are protesting https://youtu.be/OLqXYF3ephY
    I hate America

This looks staged and fake. My guess is they are trying to pull extremists out of the shadows for some phony cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    If they showed up unannounced in masks and armed at someone's church, or temple, or mosque, yeah that's a real problem.
    The rally was organized through the proper legal channels.

Purlie Gates... Wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, technically, as I understand, they haven't violated any law... But then, this is an extremely poorly thought out form of protest.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Theses are the people they are protesting https://youtu.be/OLqXYF3ephY
    Is it racist that I was laughing my arse off during that whole video?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Are extremists like Seranthor common in US society? Out of curiosity.
    Sadly yes.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Is this like the KKK only with Muslims?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.