Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Nope, it wouldn't. But not everyone needs too. Everyone should def report bugs when they spot them though. No excuse for not reporting bugs in betas, especially when it could be game breaking but extremely rare and only you encountered it so far.

I just meant more like number tuning, that seems more like the devs have better tools to gauge that stuff.
    I understand. I believe there are at least 3 types of beta testers - paid ones, unpaid "players" and unpaid "testers".
    I'm not sure if first type even exist, but i just assume they do.
    Second type is the ones who got invitation and just want to play - good to get statistics from and to test load on servers and other technical stuff.
    Third type is the ones who actively post various reports on forums and give feedback on state of the game in general. They are people who deliberately look for bugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Paid testers is Quality Assurance. There's less of them these days since most companies found its cheaper to just let your fanbase do it for you. Unfortunately the state of the game on release often reflects that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the hostility here. It was just a thought from someone who really likes the game. Seems that a bunch of you, who are not in beta, are really upset about the fact you're not in the beta. Sorry, but that's your problem. If I could give you the beta, I surely would.

That doesn't mean you get to simply ignore the fact I stated I knew it was customary. That doesn't mean you get to simply ignore the fact I stated that playing the game now was reward in and of itself.

Get off your tumblrs for a second and learn how to communicate in a non-bitter, equally so-called entitled manner.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, the beta is super fun. Wish you were here. Your overly defensive tones would be welcome - especially if it somehow translated into a useful skill.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    I don't get the hostility here. It was just a thought from someone who really likes the game. Seems that a bunch of you, who are not in beta, are really upset about the fact you're not in the beta. Sorry, but that's your problem. If I could give you the beta, I surely would.

That doesn't mean you get to simply ignore the fact I stated I knew it was customary. That doesn't mean you get to simply ignore the fact I stated that playing the game now was reward in and of itself.

Get off your tumblrs for a second and learn how to communicate in a non-bitter, equally so-called entitled manner.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, the beta is super fun. Wish you were here. Your overly defensive tones would be welcome - especially if it somehow translated into a useful skill.
    That is just the thing, most of us are not bitter about people being in the beta. We ARE however not amused when people in the beta think they deserve special rewards on top of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    That is just the thing, most of us are not bitter about people being in the beta. We ARE however not amused when people in the beta think they deserve special rewards on top of it.
    I said it would be cool. I never said I deserved a thing. Get your head out of your ass.

I said it would be cool. I never said I deserved a thing. Get your head out of your ass.
    Did I say YOU deserved a thing? Nope. Go read back in this thread at some of the people thinking they deserve something. THAT is who I meant. Didn't you just blather about communicating in a non-bitter method? Get my head out of my ass? LOL follow your own fucking advice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Did I say YOU deserved a thing? Nope. Go read back in this thread at some of the people thinking they deserve something. THAT is who I meant. Didn't you just blather about communicating in a non-bitter method? Get my head out of my ass? LOL follow your own fucking advice.
    It might be easier for you to understand what you're reading.

It might be easier for you to understand what you're reading.
    Gee you told me to get my head out of my ass. How many different ways you can read that? Just one? Oh right. Maybe you should, and I quote you here "Get off your tumblrs for a second and learn how to communicate in a non-bitter" way.

Read the thread. It would not be cool. It would be a PR nightmare for Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice if we got to keep some of the stuff we have worked for, bit annoying its getting wiped. I was hoping to keep the achievements at least but will have to wait and see what they wipe. A portrait for those who where in the beta would be nice like they did with hots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    It would be nice if we got to keep some of the stuff we have worked for, bit annoying its getting wiped. I was hoping to keep the achievements at least but will have to wait and see what they wipe. A portrait for those who where in the beta would be nice like they did with hots.
    I don't think it would be a good idea to let a beta player keep any progress on achievements or get a portrait or any kind of visible to other players special thing. Not too much of a stink was raised in Heroes about some of the little badge icons for alpha/beta players but this is a different game and times have changed a bit...plus the general mood of people regarding Blizzard has soured a bit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Read the thread. It would not be cool. It would be a PR nightmare for Blizz.
    You're a drama queen. It wouldn't be a nightmare of any sort. Maybe some butthurt non-beta players, like you, would kick up a sandstorm around yourself.

Hint: No one's listening.

You're a drama queen. It wouldn't be a nightmare of any sort. Maybe some butthurt non-beta players, like you, would kick up a sandstorm around yourself.

Hint: No one's listening.
    Oh man, the pointless hostility. Woe is me. Is it still a wonder to you how this thread turned out the way it did with an attitude like that?

Weather it should or shouldn't happen isn't important, what matters is people complaining is what would happen and Blizzard has to take the world as it is, not how they would like it to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind beta testers getting a portrait even though I do not have beta access, then again I am not the kind of person to get pissy about something like this.I will enjoy overwatch either way.
    Last edited by Shroud; 2016-04-07 at 01:54 PM.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

We'll probably get an icon possibly based on account level like we did for Heroes of the storm alpha.

10+ Year Old Account
    i mean they did the same thing for hearthstone and hots, i lost a ton of legendary cards and character progress. the beta is to test the game, you shouldnt feel entitled to keep anything you gain during it

i'd be fine with the beta testers getting a portrait, but anything more than that would kinda be overkill for participating in a beta
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I played a b2p game for free for few months , i don't need anything else.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't a nightmare for anyone. No body ever claimed that it would ruin something like that.
    But wanting a reward, on top of the privilege of playing the game for free? Disrespect.

No need for special skin codes or beta skin codes for beta testers, you got to play the game months and months before the people hoping to get in and counting down to release day.

Also wiping beta progress has been a thing since forever, HoTS and HS are exceptions cause you could already spend money in HoTS Alpha and literally everyone I know got invited to both Alpha/beta tests during the last 2 months before release.
    Here you are talking about a beta where maybe 1% or 2% of the opt in people got invited, and all progress is cosmetic so its not hard or game breaking to get it all from scratch like non invited people.

If you feel that bad about losing your progress you shouldn't have played the beta, its the same with people saying '' I'm already bored with this game before release '' and you ask them what lvl are you and they say like '' 270 '' , well duh that you are bored before release.

But remember, there's no actual progression in OW so there's no need to reset everything.

If you're level 178 now, and they don't reset it, the only difference is other people know you've played the game a lot when they queue into you. And you have more shiny vanity skins.

If they do reset, there'll be a lot of level 1s who are highly experienced in the game on launch day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.