Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Good? I don't see the issue here.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    Freeloaders and thieves deserve whatever punishment goes their way.
    What's it like up there, on your pedestal?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpSucks View Post
    Blizzard fanboys are wrong about pretty much everything. They are responsible for the stale and garbage state of the game currently.
    Because they design the game, right?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

So now wow is Dead. Nostalrius was much better than retail. It was vanilla so after so many years there were little to no bugs at all. And you actually felt like playing an mmo, real WoW, not piece of shit called wod. A lot of players everywhere, full zones, great community. Thx Blizzard for ruining it. Nostalrius didn't make any money. It was all free and they scripted dungeons, raids and everything. Everything was on a open source, legal emulator. Fuck you blizz honestly.
    Also how are they thieves? They stole nothing. They used free open source legal emulator with their own scripts. They wrote code so everything would be like on retail vanilla, not steal it
    Last edited by Radeghost; 2016-04-06 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    Good? I don't see the issue here.
    *Hacks into your Blizzard account and gets your permanently banned*

Good? I don't see the issue (for me) here.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Because it's free.
    This is completely inaccurate. Many there are currently active subscribers. Who says you can't enjoy both?

10+ Year Old Account
    there were 4k players (2-3k horde and 2-3k alliance) on the low pop server at any given time. probably double that on the high pop server. it wasn't some empty realm.

I really would like nostalgia servers to come out, if only to silence the nostalgia posters.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because, as Nostalrius proves, people aren't willing to pay enough for them to support themselves.
    To be fair, their donate button was pretty hard to find and often never mentioned by the staff, most people didn't even know it existed.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    there were 4k players (2-3k horde and 2-3k alliance) on the low pop server at any given time. probably double that on the high pop server. it wasn't some empty realm.
    14k isn't something to call impressive though.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is really nothing to do this... Also, i thought all the P-servers were closed down years ago Last server, i saw in functioning order was in TBC xD

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    Thanks, so reading through the forum post, never once did the admins say Blizz is coming after them so they are shutting down. It was all due to the cost of doing business.
    Uh no. Try reading again. That forum thread is COMPLETELY irrelevant to the FRONT PAGE POST about Blizzard sending them a cease and desist.

Great. Now we'll have a bazillion more threads here spawned by the tears of former Nost players, how awful current WoW is, how much better vanilla is, etc.

Deleted
    I think Blizz is in the right, but most of anything, blizz should take in the lesson this learns. And i don't mean in class design, but everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I also stand by my statement that people played Nost because it was bug free not Vanilla. Private Servers are shit and no one codes them they just get emulated. It isn't a loyal fanbase for Vanilla, it isn't lazy BRs and Cyka Blyats. Its people who want free WoW without bugs. These people aren't gonna play Live if Nost goes down, these people are gonna bitch and moan about a Sub Fee they don't have to pay, except for once, anymore.
    Nost was far far from bug free, people just liked it the best because it was the closest thing out there.

I'm sad that it is being shut down, as it offered a version of the game that is different and frankly imo better than what we have today. It actually takes some effort, and the ability to work with others for more than just raiding 2-3 days a week. It's not without it's flaws, but it is a far grander experience than anything we've had on live in a long time.

Keep in mind, I still have an active live account. I've played every version of this game there is and have enjoyed most of that time. However, it saddens me that Blizzard has chosen this option, as this group was offering something Blizzard has simply refused to do. Frankly I'm not sure why Blizzard didn't go the other route, and offer them some backing and make it the official place to go for that experience.

I know one thing, If Blizzard ever does offer a legacy server I will pay whatever, because I really was enjoying myself, and I'm someone who said I would never want to play Vanilla again. I made it nearly to 50 and was still having more fun than I have had in retail WoW in a very very long time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    I've been doing the Hunter Leaf quest so played alot, 6 in the morning EU time(server is hosted in France if I recall) it has been 6800-7200 players online these last 3 days.
    It peaks around 22-23k players.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    14k isn't something to call impressive though.
    That's at least 1 decently populated realm on live. And this is 1 private server, there are hundreds of them.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Haha! Great, shut down more.

Wonder which server everyone will go to now tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seattle, the land where we have good internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I can understand it but it sucks, played there since December.
    Nothing for me even remotely enjoyable about Legion.

RIP the fun Vanilla adventures and rip 14 years of nearly constant playing.
    ...where did you get 14 years from? The Warcraft trilogy games?