Quote Originally Posted by erukchan View Post
    All the people saying muh intellectual property please just like you've never illegally streamed ANYTHING or pirated anything
    The equivalent here would be someone broadcasting music that they pirated and accepting donations to pay for equipment and upkeep. It's on a whole other level than personal use.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoreyai View Post
    Steal? How is it stealing?

They're not taking money for anything, how is this any different than Fair use?
    They may not be making money, but they're using Blizzard's IP to host a competing service that is essentially costing them money in the form of lost subs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpSucks View Post
    Why would we pay real money and a monthly fee to play a steaming pile of shit?

Dude, we're no masochists.
    Take your shitposting back to where it belongs. Your arguments have so far been smug pepe posting and ad hominem. Bravo.

Shameful, Blizzard. I love Vanilla and private servers are the only way I can play it.

Guess I'll wait for the next upcoming Vanilla server. Which I won't mention here, so PM me if you want the site.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellishreaper View Post
    not according to the open letter from the nost dev team
    https://www.change.org/p/michael-mor...iter=522873458
    un...ver...if...iable...

Horse

shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Hey guys if you want there is this game called World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    I actually started playing live servers thanks to private servers (WoWScape) so this is kind of sad in my opinion. Can't believe some people are actually happy about lots of players literally losing their fun, how much of a smug can some people be? I HOPE someone will host new servers in Croatia or something, and totally shit on the copyright.

Also what the fuck is the deal on calling these players freeloaders? You think you're entitled cause you pay $15 subs or expansions?
    What do you expect? Retail is full of toxic players who hate it when others don't enjoy the same things they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Exactly.

They have to tell us at every turn just how inferior Retail is and how "no one with good taste could enjoy live" and all that other horseshit, and they're surprised when people aren't crying for them when they bite the dust?
    His argument was essentially if it didn't personally affect you/were personally invested in it, you shouldn't have an opinion of it, or even participate in it.

But I do enjoy past iterations of WoW - that's why I participate in nostalgia threads. We can share good memories, but trying to make it into some sort of historical/scientific discussion is the most infuriating part of it.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Take your shitposting back to where it belongs. Your arguments have so far been smug pepe posting and ad hominem. Bravo.
    We get it. You're from 4chan. No one cares.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    Breaking the law is breaking the law, end of story. Stop crying about it. More of this needs to happen, in my opinion.
    Sure it is. Doesn't make it right. In my opinion, anyway.

Copyright laws in general are a bad joke. Way too restrictive, way too skewed in favor of big businesses.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-04-06 at 10:38 PM.

They don't steal anything but the client from live from almost a deacade ago. They engineer all systems for the server and they make no profit. Money goes to server maintenance. I really don't see how this is theft of any kind

Deleted
    Even if blizzard doesn't care about private servers they still have to go after them once in a while because US copyright law requires you to actively defend your copyrights or else you might lose them.

But yeah personally i'm on the side of blizzard should license out private servers or something, let someone else do the work but get some royalties of it, while bypassing the obstacles of needing to integrate it into modern battle.net architecture and providing support. though ofc then people would have to pay for it and the market would probably collapse.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-04-06 at 10:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's their IP. Not surprising at all.

Cancelled my legion pre order. Wont be buying overwatch either. Maybe if Blizzard was capable of creating good content, people wouldn't feel the need to turn to Vanilla servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    I wonder how many would play if those servers would cost 10$ each month...
    Vastly fewer I imagine.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

You blind fanboys defend Blizz like your life depends on it. You probably would have made some fantastic Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    The freeloaders from Nostralius are now pouring onto MMO Champion.

Sad.
    judging by what you said earlier, you're the sad one. you're really one of the worst types of people that exist. personification of pettiness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    un...ver...if...iable...

Horse

shit
    Given there was anywhere from 7-14k people logged on at all hours of the day, every day, it seems pretty likely to be an accurate number.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpSucks View Post
    Why would we pay real money and a monthly fee to play a steaming pile of shit?

Dude, we're no masochists.
    Why would you waste your time posting (2,730 posts) on a forum about a "steaming pile of shit"?

Guess you are the big "steaming pile of shit".

Go to Nostalrius and jerk off to your level 60 character before is too late bro... just go..

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Sure it is. Doesn't make it right. In my opinion, anyway.

Copyright laws in general are a bad joke.
    Millennials agree with that assertion.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii