Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpSucks View Post
    We get it. You're from 4chan. No one cares.
    If you aren't gonna have a semi-intelligent discussion about this then whats the point of arguing at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    It's their IP. Not surprising at all.
    Too bad Games Workshop didn't sue 20 years ago when Blizzard took whatever they could from their IP and ran.

You all are celebrating this?! Tell me, what wrong other than "stealing content" did this bring? They didn't make any profit off of this!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

That's crazy! That's pretty shitty though, was just working on my 4th 60.
    What a surprise though, never saw this coming.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Take your shitposting back to where it belongs. Your arguments have so far been smug pepe posting and ad hominem. Bravo.
    Tbf he's just a perfect example of why people aren't crying for the Nost players.

If it's so illegal to run private servers, why does Daybreak fully condone Project 1999 to exist? (Everquest PS). As long as there is no money being charged / asked for and you do not modify the client in any way to accomplish your interactions with the server, it's perfectly legal. All they've done is write custom code to emulate how a server responds to the client based off reverse engineering the client calls. That's it. That software isn't Blizzard's, it's theirs. The client is, but it hasn't been modified, only used to connect to another server.

All those people quitting because Blizz shut down their shitty private server.

Byyyyyyyye Felicia.

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpSucks View Post
    I like how Blizzard and the sycophant part of the fanbase act like old expansion servers are a garbage idea and nobody would play them yet stuff like this happens. When a team actually makes a competent private server, people flock to it in the tens of thousands, and Blizzard feels threatened.
    More like thousands. And how many really play past the initial rush of nostalgia?

And no, you don't have to feel threatened to defend your IP. Not that they would be. Thousands vs. millions on their servers., you do the math.
    If it's so illegal to run private servers, why does Daybreak fully condone Project 1999 to exist? (Everquest PS).
    You just answered your own question.
    Because they have been given permission. They could take that back any time.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2016-04-06 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Leave woltlk kids alone, they are so dumb they don't even know what a true mmorpg is, i interacted with more ppl in 15 days on nost than in 4 years of live wow, dungeons were fun because classes are not godmode and i died countless times from 1 to 36 (and i was mythic raider before wod), it's been a wonderful time machine while it lasted...
    Hey, Wrath as actually hard compared to Cata and everything after it.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    They don't steal anything but the client from live from almost a deacade ago. They engineer all systems for the server and they make no profit. Money goes to server maintenance. I really don't see how this is theft of any kind
    It's not. It's a breach against Blizzard's terms of use for WoW, but it's not illegal. The emulator scene has been around for far longer than WoW has, for other games. However, it doesn't really matter if it is or isn't legal, the threat of legal action is (rightly so) enough for any hobbyists to fold without challenging it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The real irony is if you had an opportunity to look at their long term plan... it wasn't at all about keeping it a vanilla server... they had plans of opening it up to BC and WotLK at roughly the same pace Blizzard did originally.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoreyai View Post
    Why don't YOU look it up?
    Why don't you. Running a private server of someones IP does NOT fall under Fair Use in the states.

You can hide behind that law all you want but no lawyer would take your case if blizzard shut your server down.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowroxxor View Post
    You blind fanboys defend Blizz like your life depends on it. You probably would have made some fantastic Nazis.
    And now the Nost people are comparing people simply enjoying the game for what it is with Nazis.

Another reason for the glee!

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

It's not making money, but it's taking business away from Blizzard.

IIRC, somewhere around 15k active players that played on Nostalrius. That's $225,000 in monthly subs that Blizzard isn't getting. And that's just on the Vanilla server, not counting the MoP or BC servers.
    Prove that they were actually taking a significant amount of business away from Blizzard.
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    https://en.nostalrius.org/

Well I will not be joining everyone in legion. This was a move by Blizzard to get people from when the game used to actually feel like an MMO to their piece of shit game they have now. Fuck I am angry.
    Good. I am so happy that they shut down Nos. Especially if it makes you angry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Thieves? You mean like when you hear songs on youtube?
    Yeh, thats not even close to the same thing but....ok.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    What do you expect? Retail is full of toxic players who hate it when others don't enjoy the same things they do.
    Sadly. Retail's toxic community completely reflects on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Hey guys if you want there is this game called World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor.
    Thanks, but I'm sticking with FFXIV.

If you're salty about retail, you can try finding another modern game. Your only choices aren't real WoW or bootleg WoW.