Quote Originally Posted by Mystiik View Post
    A bit off-topic here... Rest in Peace Nostalrius: https://en.nostalrius.org/

The change.org petition has reached 3,400 signatures in 62 minutes

Edit: Another 200 signatures in 4 minutes.
    Blizzard ignores petitions so that's a waste of time for everyone.

Let's talk about Legion

Who comes back here first: Feali or Gif Dwarf?
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    No one is talking about legion dude.
    "Legion Alpha/Beta General Discussion"

I just am curious why no info about this build yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I just am curious why no info about this build yet?
    Gotta wait for datamining I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    Gotta wait for datamining I guess.
    More I meant the traditional Celestalon "alpha build notes"
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    More I meant the traditional Celestalon "alpha build notes"
    Iirc, the last build's notes were not out for a while. Guess it's the same here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Confirmed: Legion release before X-Mas
    great now we just need a tradis or a flux compensator to figure out which xmas! ^^

Illidan will put himself in the avatar of sargeras body. at the end of legion and then getting blessed by the final titan and thus he gets his naarusupersaiyancrapwritingfuckthisshit form.

10+ Year Old Account
    last weeks build went live at 8 pm, so get comfortable boys

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    I hope so hard for beta... I already have my beta key ensured by winning a giveaway of vanion eu...
    PLS I need to see what they have done to my class...
    Profession HYPU!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Again, past expansion testing phases didn't have a event where "Alpha's starting guys invites are going out."
    This is... somewhat true?

Off the top of my head:
    • I know Vanilla had an Alpha, but I don't know much about it. Based on the amount of information I've heard about it, I doubt it was under an NDA. Personally, I didn't pick up WoW until December 2014, a month after Release. I know TBC had a Beta (I was in it), but I don't know about the Alpha. Based on what I remember of TBC and how untested most of it was (i.e. virtually all the raid content), I seriously doubt it was public, even in secret.
    • Wrath and Cataclysm had secret (more like 'worst kept secret', but I digress), NDA-enforced Alphas that were not in-house. After the leaks in Cataclysm Alpha, they finally learned how stupid that idea was (lol NDAs in the era of the internet).
    • MoP's Alpha was 100% in-house and and the first beta wave was F&F + some yearly pass people. This can partially be blamed on the yearly pass thing (i.e. they had to do it that way), but not entirely.
    • WoD had a public, NDA-less Alpha (which started F&F), but it didn't last too long (a month and a half?). For the majority of the WoD Alpha, there was only one playable zone (FFR) and one playable faction (Horde).
    • Legion has had a longer public Alpha than any other Blizzard game besides Heroes of the Storm (whose Technical Alpha phase lasted for 10 months). However, the game has never had classes or specializations literally unplayable for extended periods of time in any public testing phase before.

Personally, I think they're defining Alpha vs Beta purely on two criteria:
    1. Are enough zones playable (i.e. >=2)?
    2. Are all of the factions, races, classes, and specializations playable?

This explains WoD's Alpha period (Beta launched with Gorgrond, a few weeks after they made Alliance playable). If this is the case, Destruction being done may be indicator for the last build before Beta.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    You see stuff like this across all kinds of classes.
    Name one class that requires you to spend a talent to enable default play. Every other class allows default play with zero talents selected.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    This is... somewhat true?

Off the top of my head:
    • I know Vanilla had an Alpha, but I don't know much about it. Based on the amount of information I've heard about it, I doubt it was under an NDA. Personally, I didn't pick up WoW until December 2014, a month after Release. I know TBC had a Beta (I was in it), but I don't know about the Alpha. Based on what I remember of TBC and how untested most of it was (i.e. virtually all the raid content), I seriously doubt it was public, even in secret.
    • Wrath and Cataclysm had secret (more like 'worst kept secret', but I digress), NDA-enforced Alphas that were not in-house. After the leaks in Cataclysm Alpha, they finally learned how stupid that idea was (lol NDAs in the era of the internet).
    • MoP's Alpha was 100% in-house and and the first beta wave was F&F + some yearly pass people. This can partially be blamed on the yearly pass thing (i.e. they had to do it that way), but not entirely.
    • WoD had a public, NDA-less Alpha (which started F&F), but it didn't last too long (a month and a half?). For the majority of the WoD Alpha, there was only one playable zone (FFR) and one playable faction (Horde).
    • Legion has had a longer public Alpha than any other Blizzard game besides Heroes of the Storm (whose Technical Alpha phase lasted for 10 months). However, the game has never had classes or specializations literally unplayable for extended periods of time in any public testing phase before.

Personally, I think they're defining Alpha vs Beta purely on two criteria:
    1. Are enough zones playable (i.e. >=2)?
    2. Are all of the factions, races, classes, and specializations playable?

This explains WoD's Alpha period (Beta launched with Gorgrond, a few weeks after they made Alliance playable). If this is the case, Destruction being done may be indicator for the last build before Beta.
    I think their thought proccess is, get all the heavy work out done in Alpha. Beta will have Legion MOSTLY done. That's the impression they've given me. They've surprised me more then once though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    I am pretty sure the alpha thing is as people have suggested just a title blizzard are using because of the assumption of keys being given out en mass to people when in beta. Hec there is even evidence on this very forum of people hoping they go beta for that very reason but the issue is more compounded because wod was so contentless and people are really hungry for new and exciting content. It actually fairly smart in this respect they get there tight group testing done and can make sure everything is tightly working before they do go beta . I am sure beta will just be a stress test anyway. So until nearly everything is pretty much set in stone accept a few balance tuning passes I dont see beta coming out until that happens so like 3-4 more weeks

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Test agaadsasdasd
    The great and powerful Chaud has graced us with his pressence

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Name one class that requires you to spend a talent to enable default play. Every other class allows default play with zero talents selected.
    Many shadow priests in the thread would argue Reaper of Souls (lvl 60 tier talent) should be baseline, otherwise our execute SW is virtually useless with it only generating insanity on kill. But I digress, they wanted marksman to be about no pets. Shouldn't have to pick a talent to make that possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    The great and powerful Chaud has graced us with his pressence
    That face when you quote an Admin and then they delete their post.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    Many shadow priests in the thread would argue Reaper of Souls (lvl 60 tier talent) should be baseline, otherwise our execute SW is virtually useless with it only generating insanity on kill. But I digress, they wanted marksman to be about no pets. Shouldn't have to pick a talent to make that possible.
    How are shadow priests looking in Legion so far anyway?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    That face when you quote an Admin and then they delete their post.
    I found it kinda weird to see him making a test post in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    I found it kinda weird to see him making a test post in this thread
    This can only mean one thing... 7.0 PTR and Beta confirmed!