10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoreyai View Post
    how is this any different than Fair use?
    Shows how little you actually know what 'Fair Use' really stands for.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Blizzard are done rofl. I played Nostalrius for 4hrs and in 4hrs i reached level 10.

In those 4 hours i grouped with more people and spoke to more people in general chat than i would have leveling 1-100 in WOD. GG boys. WoW is done. It's not an MMO franchise anymore. Legion will 100% fail.

PvP is retarded
    Rotations are boring and mindless
    Their are four difficulty settings for every raid...

I wonder how amazing Karazhan would've been if there was LFR Kara Normal Kara Heroic Kara and Mythic Kara. GG this game is shit, enjoy sitting in 2hr queues for LFR because nobody plays the game anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You don't need any other reason than copyright infringement. Blizzard owns WoW. It is their property. The people who make these private servers are stealing, plain and simple.
    I understand and support Intellectual Property laws when the product is both relevant and available from the original source, but please, how can it be theft when Blizzard provide no such service? We are talking about a discontinued version of a 10 year old game. Why are some people just talking about the copyright without thinking about the context of this case.

Blizzard could fix this problem by opening Vanilla servers but instead choose to close all of the independent ones down. As many have also said, it's because Vanilla servers would seldom generate enough $$$ for Blizzard. Well that speaks for itself doesn't it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by provaporous View Post
    way more than WoD thats for sure. MC +BWL + AQ20 and AQ40 + NAXX was way more than 30.
    In 4 tiers, vanilla had 60 instanced bosses, with extremely trivial lfr mechanics.

In 2 tiers, WoD had 30 instanced bosses with many variant and more interesting and deadly mechanics.
    Last edited by Allenseiei; 2016-04-07 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belime View Post
    just give blizz more money and watch legion fail. Ill be here waiting for your tears once again
    The people mocking the people excited for legion while posting on a website dedicated to the game make my brain turn inside out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You aren't free to use what's on that CD. You can't use the models for your own profit. You can't use the textures of the models in your own work.

Just like how you aren't free to use that music in whatever you make without Metallica's permission.
    Fair use says "hello".

I can do a lot of things with their CD. I can play it in my mouse in the shower, I can play it in my car, I can loan it to a friend.

Because of the RIAA the legality of streaming what you already own is murky. If you both own the CD, I believe I can stream to him. What I don't believe I can't do is play a cd when all you owns is a cassette. It gets weird there but there's a unique history and reason for that actually.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    Because you're selling *bandwidth and computer usage*. You're not selling Blizzards *software*.

Do you pay for expansions and a subscription? Or just a subscription? Do you know what that subscription entitles you to?
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    What the fuck does this have anything to do with Taking blizzards games and then making money off blizzard by hosting their own game that is a 100% complete copy and thus stealing intellectual property and rights? Oh yeah, nothing. Way to make yourself look not intelligent there.
    Again... Is this a crusade to embarrass yourself?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    So the company that owns the game shut down a private server that was using their code and IP against their wishes.

Good for Blizzard.

And for those of you who still don't understand why this is theft, read your EULA and TOS again. You are licensing the game - you do not own it. If Blizzard doesn't want private or vanilla servers, they will not allow private or vanilla servers. No matter how much you beg and plead and piss and moan.
    Then you can't complain if private servers pop up.

I do not play on private servers, but I can completely understand why they exist.

Blizzard is basically saying: "I refuse to allow you to play this content and I will not offer this content to you myself, even if you paid for it many years ago."

So individual people or groups prop up private servers to host classic WoW, or TBC WoW, or WotLK, whatever they want. Blizzard gets mad and shuts these servers down.

Fair enough. But what is the alternative if Blizzard is flat out unwilling to offer this content themselves?

People still want to play classic WoW. There is a demand, so there's going to be a supply. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jensxo View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Blizzard are done rofl. I played Nostalrius for 4hrs and in 4hrs i reached level 10.

In those 4 hours i grouped with more people and spoke to more people in general chat than i would have leveling 1-100 in WOD. GG boys. WoW is done. It's not an MMO franchise anymore. Legion will 100% fail.

PvP is retarded

I wonder how amazing Karazhan would've been if there was LFR Kara Normal Kara Heroic Kara and Mythic Kara. GG this game is shit, enjoy sitting in 2hr queues for LFR because nobody plays the game anymore.
    Another freeloader appears!
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    WoD had 7+10+13 = 30 Raid BOSSES.

How many BOSSES did Vanilla have, considering half the raids were single bosses?
    I hope you're joking.

Zul'Gurub: 11
    Molten Core: 10
    Ahn'Qiraj 20: 6
    Blackwing Lair: 8
    Ahn'Qiraj 40: 9
    Outdoor bosses: 6

Total Vanilla raid bosses: 50

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    The people mocking the people excited for legion while posting on a website dedicated to the game make my brain turn inside out.
    good hopefully it will make you die

Infracted [MoanaLisa]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-04-07 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Literally every private server is making a profit off of copyrighted material (WoW) that doesn't belong to them.
    Again, you're confusing what they are making a profit from. They can make a profit from a subscription. They can't make a profit from *selling World of Warcraft*.

Please note: There's a difference between buying WoW (and it's expansion) and buying a subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    I agree with you on that one.

PvP is retarded

this is legitimately the best post i have ever seen in my entire life

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh well, there are a ton more private servers out there you can play so no real loss, but again you always run that risk when you run a server that it will be shut down, as is Blizzards right to do so. The higher the player numbers, the higher the chance of it being closed especially if donations are involved or money at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    Yet it was extremely popular. This private server proved there's a large amount of people who actually would continue to play on a vanilla realm beyond more than one week like everyone claims. So yeah vanilla wasn't perfect but it's a lot more fucking fun than playing today's wow. At least until Legion drops.

So yeah blizzard can kill it but another will pop up. They'll always be around until Blizzard finally adds their own legit vanilla realm. And yes they will eventually add one. They'll do it when their subs drop low enough. When blizzard says something will never happen it often ends up happening.
    You know why people play on private legacy servers?

Because they're paying a triple-A game with built-in bug fixes, patches, and years of content... for FREE.

No one would pay to play on a private server. The number of people that would are the few handfuls of people. Everyone else would lose interest. Why level a toon in vanilla for 15 dollars a month when you can level a toon in current WoW, do the exact same shit, and get a more polished experience with way more content?

I mean people complain about paying for content gaps now. A vanilla server is paying for a PERMANENT content gap. All bugs and glitches would stay broken. Classes would permanently be imbalanced. And people would be paying for a broken game with no future content or a hope of any of those things being fixed or changed.

No, people would not be okay with that. Sure, I'm sure there are a handful of people that would sit around and wait for all 40 people in their guild to get Sulfuras, but the majority of players would lose interest, because the majority of players aren't tied to such rose-tinted aspects of the game.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2016-04-07 at 12:45 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Again... Is this a crusade to embarrass yourself?
    You need to add more to this discussion before I'll grant you more of my time.

PvP is retarded

Funny how you Classic advocates keep saying this, when Classic class abilities were...well, quite boring and mindless. 1-button rotations weaving with auto-attacks? Applying 1 dot and then doing one decurse? Yep, so much complexity! I've been checking guides on classes on the Nos forums because I was interested to see just how engaging and complicated they'd be, and most of the guides consist of 3 pages explaining what stats do, and 1 small column for actual class mechanics.

Says a great deal, Classic was tuned around players without a clue.

I really do miss my warlocks complicated rotation in vanilla...

Shadow bolt....
    shadowbolt

shadow

bolt

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I hope you're joking.

Zul'Gurub: 11
    Molten Core: 10
    Ahn'Qiraj 20: 6
    Blackwing Lair: 8
    Ahn'Qiraj 40: 9
    Outdoor bosses: 6

Total Vanilla raid bosses: 50
    I guess you were one of those who never saw the original naxx at content level ayy
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla