Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrajin View Post
    4th and 5th of november are a sunday and a monday...
    Sure, in 2018. Not 2016.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Luckily you don't have to go. So you think they should travel around ramping up costs on their side and wasting a lot of the key people's time for mini blizzcons and they should charge less at the same time? Is that the type of financial math they teach in Greece?
    Yeah thats what they teach us in Greece, half your taxes are spent by me in drinks every night...
    I hope you have the iq to realize the reply is ironic.

The way they work for blizzcon is this

Blizzard : we cant pay from our pockets for a blizzcon, managers will eat us alive(hopefully its like that). Let's find a big conference area, statistics say that there is this % of population around that will fill this size of the rent area at this price. sure lets do it! 20million profit. GG Just google around, i am sure they are making millions, i have no problem with that, in fact the wise move would be to not attend a blizzcon but use those 200euros or whatever and buy some blizzard stocks. If you do that every year ibet you will have some good profit.

Or you think its different? or you think that the price of this ticket covers just expenses?

I just don't like the idea of competing for a huge expensive ticket for a spot inside there. It is as bad as having a queue of 6000+ when a new expansion pops. Would it gather more people if the ticket was half? Definitely!

Wouldnt it be awesome for more people to see live a kind of blizzcon all around the world? No i am not a cheapass hoping for cheaper blizzcon in my area lol, my intention was , guys 1 blizzcon in europe and 1 blizzcon in usa doesnt cover all of us, no matter how expensive the ticket is. Make it cheaper, make more events around the world. Thats it.

PS and i am all the way in for meeting friends and known people who affected and shaped wow and diablo etc. Blizzcon is for that, i was really emotional when i saw the video last year with the interviews about how they started blizzard and so on. Dont get me wrong, i just want more events like that so more of us can join!

Quote Originally Posted by voskopoula View Post
    Yeah thats what they teach us in Greece, half your taxes are spent by me in drinks every night...

Blizzard : we cant pay from our pockets for a blizzcon, managers will eat us alive(hopefully its like that). Let's find a big conference area, statistics say that there is this % of population around that will fill this size of the rent area at this price. sure lets do it! 20million profit. GG Just google around, i am sure they are making millions, i have no problem with that, in fact the wise move would be to not attend a blizzcon but use those 200euros or whatever and buy some blizzard stocks. If you do that every year ibet you will have some good profit.

Or you think its different? or you think that the price of this ticket covers just expenses?

I just don't like the idea of competing for a huge expensive ticket for a spot inside there. It is as bad as having a queue of 6000+ when a new expansion pops. Would it gather more people if the ticket was half? Definitely!

Wouldnt it be awesome for more people to see live a kind of blizzcon all around the world? No i am not a cheapass hoping for cheaper blizzcon in my area lol, my intention was , guys 1 blizzcon in europe and 1 blizzcon in usa doesnt cover all of us, no matter how expensive the ticket is. Make it cheaper, make more events around the world. Thats it.

PS and i am all the way in for meeting friends and known people who affected and shaped wow and diablo etc. Blizzcon is for that, i was really emotional when i saw the video last year with the interviews about how they started blizzard and so on. Dont get me wrong, i just want more events like that so more of us can join!
    if it is anything like last year it will just be another long wait to be ripped off.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Doesn't seem like it'll be too interesting this year. Legion, Overwatch, and the movie will all be out. Nothing new to talk about.

Luckily it is a short drive for me to go if I wanted to. As for having multiple ones all over they would all be watered down so much or just repeats of others I don't see the point of doing them and doubt they would be worth the time and money they would require on both sides.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Guess I'll just get a cheapy virtual ticket then. Also weren't these 20 dollars less last year for the basic tickets?
    Personally I've opted for virtual ticket the past few years too, but I regretted the 40 bucks last year. Will just watch them on Youtube. Not enough WoW panels to really satisfy me nowadays, as their schedule is too packed

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Personally I've opted for virtual ticket the past few years too, but I regretted the 40 bucks last year. Will just watch them on Youtube. Not enough WoW panels to really satisfy me nowadays, as their schedule is too packed
    And with Legion just having come out, just like two years ago with WoD this will be a horrible BlizzCon for WoW players again with little content and rehashing of things we already know.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Tis all about Diablo and Starcraft for me first, always has been.

Looking forward to the Legion beta in the weeks following Blizzcon, woot!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So not much point in going this year.
    World finals, Hopefully a d3 xpac. I never go personally anyway. Money and a very very huge fear of flying.

wait u think blizz makes money off this???? pretty sure they have said before they lose money .. i'll try and find a source later.
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bli.../1100-6228656/

that said hells yes!! this will be 7 in a row i think and my 3rd dinner!!! so can't wait room booked and ready!
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Highly doubt it costs millions to run no way. Because that is the profit made from tickets sales excluding ofc the 750 ones because they go to charity.
    Never put on a convention, have ya? LOL.

First, the convention center they use is not free. It's not even cheap. And along with the lease for the event, they also have to hire security, maintenance and cleaning (someone has to stock the toilet paper), have several layers of staffing to herd the crowds, keep people out of the backstage area, and run the generators for the spectacular light show on the main stage, and all the gaming equipment and lights and everything else on the main floor.

Second, they have to hire out a sound and light and staging company to build a stage, light it, and then set up and run the PA. They have televised content, so that's another layer of complexity for cameras, crew, and gear. And, unionized stagehands to help set it up and run it all, and that will pad your budget considerably. In CA, you have to have a certain percentage of the crew union from locals unions.

Then you have to buy and install massive stacks of servers, and run them, for the competitions and the live demos.

Then you need massive banners and signage made. And buy lanyards, rent the machine to print the passes, all the pricing for guides and such, and a million other $1k -$5k decisions and purchases.

Then you need to sign a contract with the parking garage, and pay for the overtime for attendants and security. And a couple medical crews on standby.

That's just off the top of my head. That's not getting into insurance, overtime for employees, paying the band and celebrities hosting, advertising, and a host of other issues that takes a team of people a good chunk of the year to plan and implement. I've worked in marketing (and the music industry, so I know the costs of playing in a arena for a band) for years - even a small 10/10 booth at a national convention, with all of the rented booth parts and lights and such takes a good two months to plan out, purchase, and organize, and can cost $100k easily. Hell, some of the conventions I've helped put booths together for, the cost of the space was $100k.

Go watch Blizzcon footage on Youtube. They start with basically a bare carpeted concrete box. Everything you see - lighting, walls, booths, banners, stages, the cordons for the lines, the seats for the audience - Blizzard had to pay for.

A 3 day event, in one of Southern California's biggest expo centers, hosting thousands and thousands of people? Millions, easily. The ticket prices, vendor buy ins and virtual ticket sales definitely help offset the cost, but it's not surprising at all that they're losing money.

I agree that they should at the VERY least do EU Blizzcons. But, the cost is astronomical once you go offshore, and there are already conventions they can buy a large booth at, so i understand why they don't.

Sigh.. With the Hilton Anaheim price increase, I am at a loss when it comes to hotels to stay

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynnlagh View Post
    Remember, remember the 5th of November.

Go burn that thing down, guys!

- - - Updated - - -

That's why GamesCon costs 200$ or large music festivals cost you ~100$ for 5 days.
    Sorry, don`t buying this...125x20000=2,500,000...minus tax, let be generous and say they pay 500k from it (they won`t, but hey, it`s christmas!) You want to say they spending nearly 700k/day altogether in 3 days..ohh please...