Page 73 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I did answer your question, you just didn't like what I said.

"He was reaching for his waistband, I thought I saw a gun. I was concerned for the safety of my customers."

- - - Updated - - -

I just think that the paradigm of hetero/homosexuality is to black and white for what is actually going on with many people. Some have a preference for a gender, but hold at a varying degree of attraction towards the other.
    Which of course is not by choice.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

15+ Year Old Account
    I did answer your question, you just didn't like what I said.

"He was reaching for his waistband, I thought I saw a gun. I was concerned for the safety of my customers."

- - - Updated - - -

I just think that the paradigm of hetero/homosexuality is to black and white for what is actually going on with many people. Some have a preference for a gender, but hold at a varying degree of attraction towards the other.
    So basically, force of law to enforce these beliefs you're touting would exist in this situation, you just personally wouldn't use it, and instead would prefer to go to jail over a lie on top of doing something immoral, killing someone for their sexual orientation.

Got it.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Well, according the the wording of the law, single parents, regardless of sexual orientation, could also find themselves discriminated against. While personally i disagree with the law, it's the state's perogative. Dont like it, vote the fuckers out who passed it or gtfo of mississippi.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Which of course is not by choice.
    I do not think it is a choice in most circumstances. However, I do think bisexuality is more prevalent, and many simply opt to subdue part of who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    You really don't understand what a private business is do you?

If you pull a weapon on me for not leaving your establishment because you think homosexuals are icky I hope you're prepared to go to prison.

Castle doctrine does not apply to a business that serves the public.
    When did I talk about getting a gun? You call the cops to arrest trespassers.

Also, this is about basic freedom of association. If a minority owned business doesn't want to serve a KKK member, that's fine too.
    Last edited by Sargerasraider; 2016-04-07 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    So basically, force of law to enforce these beliefs you're touting would exist in this situation, you just personally wouldn't use it, and instead would prefer to go to jail over a lie on top of doing something immoral, killing someone for their sexual orientation.

Got it.
    Wow, you are trying damn hard to put words into my mouth.

I never said I would kill someone over their sexual orientation. You are being disingenuous, and you know it. I wouldn't refuse to serve a gay person, because I'm not a homophobic bigot. By even hinting that I would, you are either lying, or have not been reading. Don't worry, I accept your apology.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamorallo View Post
    When did I talk about getting a gun? You call the cops to arrest trespassers.
    I saw your response to Batman who was responding to Machismo -- My apologies thought you were advocating the gun thing as well.

Well yeah you can call the cops to arrest a trespasser -- But if you're crying wolf to the police department you're the one who gets in trouble. You best hope that there's no witness around if you call the police on someone who has done nothing wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    I do not think it is a choice in most circumstances. However, I do think bisexuality is more prevalent, and many simply opt to subdue part of who they are.
    Uh no. If they are bisexual they choose who they want for a partner. Their orientation doesn't change (or is "subdued" )as a function of that. And to be frank I am not interested in having a 76 page discussion with you on this so feel free to have the last word.

Uh no. If they are bisexual they choose who they want for a partner. Their orientation doesn't change (or is "subdued" )as a function of that. And to be frank I am not interested in having a 76 page discussion with you on this so feel free to have the last word.
    I don't think we are in any actual disagreement on this. I just think that there are more bisexuals than people realize, even within themselves. They simply choose to suppress those feelings, often times out of fear and shame, until they dissipate. I have not seen enough evidence to show that sexuality is hardcoded in our DNA. I also do not think that it is as ambigious as simply choosing one day around the time you hit puberty. I'll side with scientists, but the science is still not clear on it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, you are trying damn hard to put words into my mouth.

I never said I would kill someone over their sexual orientation. You are being disingenuous, and you know it. I wouldn't refuse to serve a gay person, because I'm not a homophobic bigot. By even hinting that I would, you are either lying, or have not been reading. Don't worry, I accept your apology.
    So how do you get them out of your business if you refuse to leave? You said you'd use force, and even suggested lethal force.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    So how do you get them out of your business if you refuse to leave? You said you'd use force, and even suggested lethal force.
    He answered your question 2 pages ago:

Then how do you remove someone from your business who you do not want to be there if they will not leave?

You shoot them.

I don't agree with him, but he did give you an answer...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    why is relevant to the discussion? are you trying to make fact out of MY choice to be heterosexual? thats a dangerous precedent to set.

- - - Updated - - -

so if that is the case, and there is NO choice, people who were "born gay" remain gay and never go to the other side of the fence? unbelievable...
    That would make them bi-sexual if it was consistent. If not it's an experiment or whatever but doesn't change their orientation. Is there only two sexual choices in your mind, straight and gay? So are you going to prove that being gay is a choice for us?

10+ Year Old Account
    I know exactly who they are.
    This is how I know, that you know that you are wrong:

As for the KKK creed, I do not know it. I try not to hang around hate groups.
    - - - Updated - - -

That would make them bi-sexual if it was consistent. If not it's an experiment or whatever but doesn't change their orientation. Is there only two sexual choices in your mind, straight and gay? So are you going to prove that being gay is a choice for us?
    There has to be a realization of a belief that it's a choice, where plenty of straight people will tell you based on experience, that it's not a choice that's physically possible... that it's actually the stigma of you being able to choose, that muddies the concept of homosexuality being a choice. Just sayin'...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    This is about the bill, not about whether or not homosexuality is a choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    You shoot them.

- - - Updated - - -

They are both worth the same, that's the whole point about freedom, everyone should be entitled to it.
    i think someone is failing to see the problem with that statement. it's a big one. ill let you figure it out.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    I guess you can't force the evil bigots to bake your cake in Mississippi, huh?
    LOL to be honest, I dont see why they wants to force someone to take their money only to do a half assed job on it. Go someplace that wants it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    LOL to be honest, I dont see why they wants to force someone to take their money only to do a half assed job on it. Go someplace that wants it.
    if you are open to the public you ARE NOT allowed to choose who you are open to. that's what we call a private club. because that's the definition of being open to the public your allowing everyone to enter your business that wants to regardless of if you agree with their lifestyle or not.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    if you are open to the public you ARE NOT allowed to choose who you are open to. that's what we call a private club. because that's the definition of being open to the public your allowing everyone to enter your business that wants to regardless of if you agree with their lifestyle or not.

So , you are saying that as I business owner I have no choice in serving:

A naked man that is taking a shit in the middle of my store.
    A naked man urinating on other customer's legs.
    A person shooting up heroin in my store.
    An intoxicated person who is shouting obscenities at the top of his lungs.

According to you, just because I am open to the public I MUST serve these people?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    So , you are saying that as I business owner I have no choice in serving:

A naked man that is taking a shit in the middle of my store.
    A naked man urinating on other customer's legs.
    A person shooting up heroin in my store.
    An intoxicated person who is shouting obscenities at the top of his lungs.

According to you, just because I am open to the public I MUST serve these people?
    those are all civil crimes and felonys. being gay is not a felony. try again.