Blizzard = the Burning Legion - they saw players were having fun on Nostalrius and had to destroy the world lol

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Yeah, go make a spiderman movie or comic with that logic. I'm sure you'll go far.
    He can if he doesn't turn a profit.

This is basic shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    No, it isn't. You got what you paid for, as described in Blizzard's TOS/EULA. Nostalrius broke those same terms and now they got crushed for it.
    In a legal sense of course that's correct. But that's not interesting is it? Blizzard should be glad at this point someone still plays their games and remembers their name. If they pull their ass out one day in the future it might pay off for them more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    See you never then
    Gladly. Toxic community is toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post

This is basic shit.
    Nope. He's violating the law, and can be sued, even if he doesn't make a profit.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post

Correlation =/= causation. There is nothing that implies that is the sole reason for them not allowing it. For all we know, they might just feel that they want to evolve the current game and not go backwards for purely philosophical reasons, which is fully understandable. Or they're just scared Vanilla servers will draw people away from the live game.

I'm just speculating, but you get my point.
    Somebody has pointed out after my post that they were technically selling so-called "donations" that give you bonus gear if you donate... that's pretty much making a profit off their work/game by making it a pay-to-win system.

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post

This is basic shit.
    So you are saying this server made 0 money?

No one is that stupid. Oh wait, yes, this thread is this long for a reason...

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    You know that sign you see at carnivals that say you can't sue them? You can regardless of their sign. The point is: Just because a.) they say it, doesn't make it law and b.) you're literally not reading what I'm saying (e.g. "reading is hard").

A server does not redistribute the game. A server sends commands to a client. The server isn't reproducing more than command -- totally legal. Your own computer with the software you purchased at Amazon, WalMart, or whetever -- is responding to those commands.

You seem to have reading comprehension problems on what I'm saying and I can't honestly dumb this down any lower than I am. Of course, you're trying very hard to be condescending you take away from your point. I suppose that's to be expected when you're in a circle jerk in here though.
    Soooo what about the people who never bought any incarnation of wow and play on the private server. This argument doesn't really work anymore.

Deleted
    Yeah, I played there all the time... this is sad news...

Deleted
    I can't describe with words how happy I am

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Art assets, quests, raid design, all of the elements that the client needs to interact with the server for the game to happen. I've seen this argument a few times and it doesn't work logically. Nostralius admins were clearly providing and enabling access to copyrighted material that belongs to Blizzard.
    The problem is that since it's the user that uses the client, the responsibility of legitime client use should be on the user. Considering some countries lack copyright there must be legitime users. So I would question if the server guys can be held responsible for illegitime users connecting to their server. It would rather bet on the communication protocol the server also has to use falling under copyright.
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2016-04-07 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Soooo what about the people who never bought any incarnation of wow and play on the private server.
    They're using the client software illegally.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Good. Let this be a lesson to all the scumbag thieves who operate and play on these illegal servers. They are bad people and should feel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    They're using the client software illegally.
    bingo

10charmanders

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    God damn it! I had JUST found out about the server and made an account a couple days ago!

Why can't blizzard just make a Vanilla server and be done with it?! I don't give a rat's ass if it will ''split up the community'' I just wanna play Vanilla!
    Perhaps, they don't want their customers and potential customers to be able to compare an actual MMORPG with the gaudy and shallow lobby-game focused MOBA they're selling?
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post

Does this look like nothing to you? This was an amazing server, and vanilla is far superior to retail.
    It looks like lagforge, but it's not a lagforge. Vanilla wow is dead (like, literally, the old code doesn't exist and there is no way to replicate it. At this point you can make something similar to vanilla, but not vanilla itself), and people who didn't experience it won't experience it ever. With all QoL stuff that you get outside of the game is what makes it impossible to vanilla to exist. Good internet connection, wide screen space (turn your resolution to 640x480 and try to keep all the shit you have on screen, yeah. And good luck sitting in lagforge with resolution higher than this lol), various websites with information about what the fuck you should be doing - all of this ruins vanilla experience.

It's really sad to see people thinking that these private servers are actual vanilla experience, they are not. They are made to be similar, but it's gone now and you can't bring it back. The same way you can't "forget" your favorite sitcom to watch it again and experience all emotions again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by drick7 View Post
    Gladly. Toxic community is toxic.
    I will not disagree with you there.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Good. Let this be a lesson to all the scumbag thieves who operate and play on these illegal servers. They are bad people and should feel bad.
    I don't think anyone cares how they feel or who they are, so long as they're reported and stamped out like the rest of the other scumbags.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Good thing I have MMO-Champion to remind me of how shitty the modern WoW community is, no wonder why so many people left
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    In a legal sense of course that's correct. But that's not interesting is it? Blizzard should be glad at this point someone still plays their games and remembers their name. If they pull their ass out one day in the future it might pay off for them more.
    Well, without official numbers there's no way you can prove your claim. Last time we got subscription numbers, it was what, 5-6 million players? I'd say that is one hell of an amount of people playing the game. Anything else is purely anecdotal, bitter resentment towards Blizzard. I do get the affection towards vanilla (although I'd never play that unbalanced mess that almost killed my interest in WoW in the beginning), but Nostalrius really has no defense, nothing solid to ever justify their actions.