Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bonekrusher View Post
    You sound like my mentally challenged wife. Do you have good sandwich making skills?
    Sounds funny coming from you tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    About the same as always when a private server gets too popular. Blizzard shutting them down isn't even the main reason why it sucks so much. Its that they shut down servers while not wanting to run their own legacy servers, while there is a big demand for it.
    100k is not a big demand - especially if 99% of them would never play on a pay2play server.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    LFG was something everyone was happy about when it first released. No longer having to spam general chat to look for a group? Not having to leave instance and look for me when someone left mid dungeon? Being able to do Heroics you were saved to through LFG? It was awesome and no one complained about this when it was released.
    Still don't think the problem was or has ever been the LFD tool itself, it was making the stuff so that zero coordination was needed. No one needed to communicate so they just stopped doing it.

Deleted
    Blizzard has all the right to do that because it's their property, no one should complain.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    I never said I believe we own blizzards intellectual property. If you can quote me on that go ahead.
    Okay

I think we already kinda bought their intellectual property when we paid millions of dollars each month for sub back in the days.
    Great discussion bud!!!!

This guy stole my car, but he wasn't making money from it, so it was totally cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That's the price people pay for taking someone's intellectual property and use it. They should know better and Vanilla for the love of the cosmos...was not as great as you think it is.
    how ignorant (or maybe whiteknightish) ppl can be ? i would say when he actually PLAYS vanilla on a private server, and while YOU not being HIM, he reaaaaaally knows better than you, what he likes and how good he thinks vanilla is.

are we really at a point where ppl are telling others "no no no, your oppinion and feelings are not the RIGHT ones. i know that better than you, what you like and think."

cheeeeeeeseus
    Last edited by Niwes; 2016-04-07 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Still don't think the problem was or has ever been the LFD tool itself, it was making the stuff so that zero coordination was needed. No one needed to communicate so they just stopped doing it.
    Many MMO's use a LFD/LFR style tool just fine and have great communitys IMO like FFXIV.

WoW's problem isn't the tools its the people who use them.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

So what I got out of this was....
    It was becoming an embarrassment for Blizzard. Got too large, new players might think it was legitimate, It had a huge RMT presence, it was shifting a lot of attention away from retail WoW

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if a private server isn't making any money off of it, it seems like a shitty thing to close it down like that.

must be butthurt that less and less people actually want the real thing.
    regardless if there's money or not involved, its blizzard's and people shouldnt feel entitled to it... i hope Blizz sues them into Oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    This guy stole my car, but he wasn't making money from it, so it was totally cool.
    thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    100k is not a big demand - especially if 99% of them would never play on a pay2play server.
    I think you would be surprised how many were playing and still had an active WoW account. I don't think paying would drop the numbers that much, probably 20% if I had to take a guess. I don't think I can remember anyone saying they were playing because it was free, in fact most said they would be willing to pay for it. It being free was just a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Okay

Great discussion bud!!!!
    You forgot to notice the "kinda" there . You completely missed the whole picture. But from someone who thinks battlechest contains vanilla wow I wouldnt be surprised. GJ
    Last edited by barackohmama; 2016-04-07 at 04:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    I would argue each expansion of wow is more or less its own game.
    You would be right I think. Especially now with boosts and no need to level from one if you are a new player and purchase an expansion. Viewed from one perspective, expansions are very close to standalone games. They build on what's come before but there's no required need to work through EK/Kalimdor/Northrend etc. to play the game now.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Many MMO's use a LFD/LFR style tool just fine and have great communitys IMO like FFXIV.

WoW's problem isn't the tools its the people who use them.
    I think the content design doesn't help it though. I played FF14 myself, people communicated because they had to. Once you had a group with plenty of gear chat was just about as dead in runs as it was in WoW.

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say:

This guy replicated my car exactly, and is using it. But not only is he using a replication, this replication was hand made by me and it's my own creation.

Or something like that, because that exact analogy also doesn't work for pirating.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    They've tried this already many times and it always fails, it's not the case of "fixing it", it's just really lazy concept of "put all end game grind in one place".
    I don't think Timeless Isle failed. Not really, but imagine a more dynamic Timeless with at each instance. It's would be no different than TBC dailies compacted with Timeless, and Firelands/Isle of QuelDanas dailies hub. But force the group on the ground at the hub, and they might stick together to do the dailies. It would also allow PvP between each faction to occur at each hub.

Players will complain, but the onus is on Blizzard to give in. The history is to thick of rolling over, but if we had this shit from the start, it wouldn't be this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    So what I got out of this was....
    It was becoming an embarrassment for Blizzard. Got too large, new players might think it was legitimate, It had a huge RMT presence, it was shifting a lot of attention away from retail WoW
    You forgot the part about infringing copyright and intellectual property laws.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    More like he copied the design of your car but made zero profit in letting people use it.

You forgot to notice the "kinda" there . You completely missed the whole picture. GJ
    I don't care about your whole picture. You said something stupid as fuck, and want to discuss. I don't, I just wanted to say how stupid as fuck what you said was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    About the same as always when a private server gets too popular. Blizzard shutting them down isn't even the main reason why it sucks so much. Its that they shut down servers while not wanting to run their own legacy servers, while there is a big demand for it.
    There's a noisy demand for it. How big that demand is and whether or not it would happen if people had to pay for it is another question. I'm sorry but it just is. The two things: noisy and big are not the same thing. On the scale that Blizzard operates at 100K is nothing.