Thread: The UFC Thread

Quote Originally Posted by deeyar View Post
    Yep, I was really looking forward to that fight, now apparently Cowboy wants the fight but honestly I think he will get destroyed.
    Khabib signed to fight Cowboy, just waiting on Cowboy to sign.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ben Rothwell just got pretty out classed by Cigano

i always like watching junior dos santos. he seems like such a sweetie, honestly. just got a real nice vibe to him that i enjoy.

Machida out of the fight with Henderson after admitting to using a banned substance.

He needed something, he's looked like shit his last few matches.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by siafu View Post
    what bitter excuse ? i dont care if conor mcgregor is champion but going on clown fights instead of defending the belt against legit contenders is stupid, Frankie more than earned that shot , Aldo was champion since the start of 145 probably deserved that shot. instead he goes freeweight against vacation diaz gets smashed and then wants a repeat? lolol. shit even Mendes who fought on 2 weeks notice with a broken foot btw gave connor problems. maybe he's scared he cant drug addict weight again, he looks like a corpse on weigh ins.
    He's making a shit-ton of bank doing so. How is that stupid? If you think Conor is in it for anything other than the money then you're sadly mistaken. He's making the smart business decision to secure his financial future. I.e. taking the safe pay day, he might lose the fight but it'll pay good and he'll probably be ready to retire if he wants to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say McGregor is obsessed with defeating Diaz, he want to prove he fucked up and is not going to make same mistake again.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    I would say McGregor is obsessed with defeating Diaz, he want to prove he fucked up and is not going to make same mistake again.
    it's funny if he thinks he fucked up. he nailed that dude with punches that knocked out all the other guys he fought.

he just doesn't have that 1hit power as he goes up in weight divisions. as the guys he fights get bigger, he'll keep losing until he's able to adapt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's funny if he thinks he fucked up. he nailed that dude with punches that knocked out all the other guys he fought.

he just doesn't have that 1hit power as he goes up in weight divisions. as the guys he fights get bigger, he'll keep losing until he's able to adapt.
    He even said it himself after he lost:

Hate him or love him, I think he is a smart guy. He is already adapting, the loss put him back on the ground as he was lost up in the skies from the Aldo fight. Yeah, he truly believed he could beat Jose, but I don't think even he alone dared to think he can shut the lights out with one punch.

I tell ya, Dodson moving up to 135, he's taking that belt, be it Cruz or Faber.

Evans still doesn't know what happened.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    2h2 hours ago
    Conor McGregor ‏@TheNotoriousMMA
    I have decided to retire young.
    Thanks for the cheese.
    Catch ya's later.

Helwani says there is fire to the smoke, we'll see if hes just fucking with everyone

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    He even said it himself after he lost:

Hate him or love him, I think he is a smart guy. He is already adapting, the loss put him back on the ground as he was lost up in the skies from the Aldo fight. Yeah, he truly believed he could beat Jose, but I don't think even he alone dared to think he can shut the lights out with one punch.
    ok see, i thought the guy i quoted meant he thought he fucked up in a way that it was a fluke or something. i'm glad he realizes his exact mistake.

he seems like a pretty ok guy when he's not hopped up on hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    2h2 hours ago
    Conor McGregor ‏@TheNotoriousMMA
    I have decided to retire young.
    Thanks for the cheese.
    Catch ya's later.

Helwani says there is fire to the smoke, we'll see if hes just fucking with everyone
    Some guy on ESPN said it was due to some issue with UFC that they're not bending on. If he did retire I'd be pretty surprised, that luxury shit he loves to dress in and post pictures of isn't cheap.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Conor loves the lifestyle too much to retire.

McGregor pulled from 200. Not much else concrete other than that.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This would be the most epic meltdown I've ever seen in fighting if he did this. All sources are reporting this is credible information, with no exact reason however. He's been training so hard, so this seems out of nowhere. The specter of his last loss would haunt him forever. This is crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Though I'm reading McGregor was at the fight in Dublin where a fighter died. Maybe he thought he had enough money, he wants to live now. Don't see how he won't end up on the street with the way he spends though. Again, this is all weird AF.
    BAD WOLF

Reports are he got pulled for refusing to attend a press conference.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually watching the interview with Dana right now and said that they pulled him because he wouldn't leave training to come to a photo session. If this is true, Dana probably just made the biggest mistake of his life.
    BAD WOLF

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well Bones fights again at least but if Connor fucks off for a bit I'll be bummed out, he's a good draw. 197 isn't too terrible of a card although it's extremely top heavy. Those top 3 fights should all be quality. Mighty Mouse is boring but there is no denying he is at least top 3 P4P right now.

Maybe dude dying really did get to him and made him rethink everything, especially how Diaz wrecked him.