Quote Originally Posted by Naxalia View Post
    More like screw those guys using illegal servers.
    Alot of people playing on private servers also keep their WoW Sub active and lay on it in spare time for a bit of fun thats what i did when i don't raid, I would login to wow and do my garrison and shit then go and play a different game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    I played on private TBC server to relive my memories. Had fun but there were too many bugs or scripts lacking. So I came back to retail. Have I not played on that private server I would probably not come back to retail WoW at all. I bet there are many more people like me.
    I think this is one of the reasons why Nostalrius really stood out.

Quote Originally Posted by connor778 View Post
    Yeah totally, they should be using the legal vanilla servers.......

get out of here with the bs bro
    no, they used unauthorized data that violates the TOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxi View Post
    Hopefully what happened to this private server will happend with others, sooner or later. First thing you do well Blizzard, well done.
    So everything Blizz did uptil now was shit? I bet you never played before WoD.....

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Speaking of thick skulls: No matter how you people try to rationalize it, it was illegal. Period.
    And I don't care, at least they offered a version of WoW I wanted to log in too.

All those people yelling "hurr durr screw them!!!! roobing$$$ from blizzard"

are probably the worst retard that we can find on MMO C

The idea that shutting down N will increase WOD SUB ATM is so retard that give me down syndrome.

The only real issue that we can discuss is that was ILLEGAL

no, they used unauthorized data that violates the TOS.
    And? Streamers use TMorph which is also against TOS and they don't get banned (slightly different but still against it), People will play on private servers and they will continue to pop up, Its just how it is. Only way to stop them is for blizzard to do the servers

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    And I don't care, at least they offered a version of WoW I wanted to log in too.
    Too bad. Still illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    There's plenty of info that was posted about it in the earlier posts, on the reddit, etc. It's all there for you to read. I wasn't saying the people who were running Nost got rich off it, I am saying they made money, and I am saying people who run "non-profit" companies are very rich from it.
    Very good point. Example of bad nonprofits are the wounded warrior project or Susan G Komen foundation. At least you have some transparency with these organizations where as you have to take Nostalrius 's word for it. We'll never know but Blizzard was within their right to shut down Nostalrius. Everyone knew the risk playing there and now they're butt hurt that their invested time is gone.

A lot of people get into game servers/game coding without stealing IP.
    Of course but from all of the staff it was a passion project, no salary, no money nothing. Just a love of the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    I think this is one of the reasons why Nostalrius really stood out.
    Maybe if it was bugless and had good scripts it could act as potential competition. But I don't know how good it was, never played there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurfenegger View Post
    So everything Blizz did uptil now was shit? I bet you never played before WoD.....
    You can check my achieves dude, I've been playing since vanilla, but I cant stand piracy, and It's what this private servers do... I could share my opinion like you are all on this threat sharing yours I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfenegger View Post
    Yeah sure, bullshit....if believing that makes you feel better than you have my blessing.
    Well, clearly with such a passionate fanbase, they would've been able to keep it going instead of posting that bad financial news back on March 6th, huh?

Are you really trying to have us believe that they're now willing to pay Blizzard, the evil corporation, and have these guys run the vanilla server now instead of being free from Blizzard and supporting them? If so, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I can sell you.

Deleted
    Blizzard recognizing that Vanilla >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> WoD

also people being happy that others people fun was ruined ... probably the ones that think WoD is a MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    And? Streamers use TMorph which is also against TOS and they don't get banned (slightly different but still against it), People will play on private servers and they will continue to pop up, Its just how it is. Only way to stop them is for blizzard to do the servers
    Can you cite an example for the streamers. As I have seen streamers getting banned for breaking the TOS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    You can never have vanilla again, OP. Ever again.
    If your party had a warlock in it - you are worse than hitler
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Speaking of thick skulls: No matter how you people try to rationalize it, it was illegal. Period.
    And? That doesn't mean it was wrong.

Ye sure "piracy"

Oh noes some people who dislike WOD are playing on VANILLA SERVER somebody call the police!123123

rofl

also all those "hurr durr me playing since vanilla and dont like PIRACY" but still downloading film from torrent or play with emulator for GBA and other console. rofl

Can you cite an example for the streamers. As I have seen streamers getting banned for breaking the TOS.
    I'm not going to name streamers but they are (were) pretty big ones that never got banned for it. (anyways going into Tmorph bans is going off topic)

10+ Year Old Account
    While it might have seemed awesome and nostalgic and better than current WoW, the fact was its still illegal, they are taking a property that doesn't belong to them and using it as their own, it doesn't matter if they are making money off it or not, its still illegal, learn about law and read the terms of use before you try and defend this please!

Blizzard have every right to take them down.The people that set up those private servers knew this even you yourself know this.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance