Quote Originally Posted by pjongjongjeng View Post
    But what if he built the car and he did it so he could sell it? Now you stole the car from him and you won't buy it from him anymore. You literally stole the car that you copied.
    you wouldn't
    download a car.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    People are being called fanboys because there's no reason for Blizzard to close down a server like this, besides to piss off a crap load of people. The people chanting "good riddance" are basically happy that thousands of people lost all of their hard work simply because the server got too big.

It's like a bunch of fanboys praising Blizzard for their heroic deed.

They shut down a vanilla server, yet don't bother creating their own. I bet they shut down the server simply because they got jealous it had 10k players on one realm 24/7, with 10s of thousands active players. Basically if Blizzard can't have that amount of players, nobody can.
    They got shut down when money via donations became involved among other things..

Quote Originally Posted by Noodlesoup View Post
    /slowclap, yeah you showed them. they took away their fun, and that makes you so happy. Nostalrius had 0 effect on your life but yeah hey, it's awesome that others who actually did enjoy can no longer do that. You must be so fun at parties!
    It was an enabler for the great bitchfest of BUT M-M-M-M-MUH VANILLEY WOW WAS SO P-P-P-PERFECT that's only gotten much worse since the server started.

Also technically, it did cost Blizzard subs which in turn affects the budget of WoW; sure, it was a minuscule droplet in the ocean of cash Blizz can dump on this game but alas, I'm not one to care.

10+ Year Old Account
    How childish are the people going "haha sucks for you losers... not!"

This is pathetic, this is why private servers feel better, there are less assholes than retail ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I believe the thinking is, "I want to use it, I promise I won't charge or ask for donations, so it only seems fair to let me use it"
    I believe that is something that, if valid, could be used as defense for all the thieves that steal items but not money. "It seems fair that you let me use your TV, since I won't charge others or ask for donations." I find it really hard to believe people actually think that pirate servers fall under 'Fair Use'...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't think thats a real argument, though.
    Really? Let's say a new mmo comes out, you buy the game, you play for a week, and then they shut it down, no one can play anymore. Wouldn't you be pissed? Wouldn't you think that if someone made a private server to let everyone enjoy the game that they paid for, sacrificing their own time trying to rebuild the code, that those people were just trying to give the players the game they paid for?

World of Warcraft, the real World of Warcraft, doesn't exist anymore. Nostalrius were the only ones that could recreate the experience as much as possible.

Deleted
    Nope, but Blizzard has plenty of other products they can enjoy.
    But they don't want other products, they want THAT product, which blizzard isn't selling or has no interest in. Private servers are the ONLY option and the existence of such servers or people playing on them has no effect on Blizzard.
    Generally if i pirate a copy of Starcraft 2 the law sees that as one lost sale for Blizzard, costing them 40$, a person playing on a "vanilla" private server costs blizzard nothing.
    Last edited by mmoc126994aa46; 2016-04-07 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Do you honestly think, like seriously and honestly, that those who spend hundreds of hours playing Nostalrius are suddenly going to play live WoW or any other WoW product? You'd have to be seriously naive to think that.
    Honestly I don't care what those people do. I was really neutral with this whole thing until the attitudes of some people here started being shown. You aren't owed anything and Blizzard isn't some horrible bastard for doing this.

But in all honestly I think some might. But all that matter is that Blizzard owns WoW and this is their decision.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    you wouldn't
    download a car.
    I would if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    you wouldn't
    download a car.
    Pretty sure you can download plans for a car and make a replica with the same parts.

Really? Let's say a new mmo comes out, you buy the game, you play for a week, and then they shut it down, no one can play anymore. Wouldn't you be pissed? Wouldn't you think that if someone made a private server to let everyone enjoy the game that they paid for, sacrificing their own time trying to rebuild the code, that those people were just trying to give the players the game they paid for?

World of Warcraft, the real World of Warcraft, doesn't exist anymore. Nostalrius were the only ones that could recreate the experience as much as possible.
    Not a real comparison.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Good riddance, take that to the face nostalgia fags

Fun fact: Nostralius wasn't actually Vanilla WoW, it was a bunch of tryhards min/maxing a broken game with no semblance to the state of and expansionless WoW

Vanilla WoW was what it was because it didn't succumb to min/maxing and meta-analysing every component of the game
    Go choke on that Blizzard dick you piece of human filth

Deleted
    But in all honestly I think some might. But all that matter is that Blizzard owns WoW and this is their decision.
    Except that everybody who bought a copy of World of Warcraft owns it too, and they should be able to play it.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a real comparison.
    Great argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    I'm sure Blizzard are so concerned about the thousands they're losing business to from Nostralius, right after a year in which they've lost 5 million players due to their own follies.
    You understand that isn't actually a counterpoint, right? Their IP was being infringed upon, they acted against it. That's all there is to it. I agree that Blizzard has made some really bad moves the past few years and it's cost them a ton of customers but this wasn't one of them. You actually have to do this when you own a digital property like this.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
    But they don't want other products, they want THAT product, which blizzard isn't selling or has no interest in. Private servers are the ONLY option and the existence of such servers or people playing on them has no effect on Blizzard.
    Generally if i pirate a copy of Starcraft 2 the law sees that as one lost sale for Blizzard, costing them 40$, a person playing on a private server costs blizzard nothing.
    Their desires don't matter. I Wish Death Knights were never added to the game. That doesn't give me some magic right to start a server in which they just don't exist. Your false sense of entitlement is just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue83 View Post
    Go choke on that Blizzard dick you piece of human filth
    Gladly.

Delicious, and all it cost was my internet dignity.
    :[

I think majority of you people are missing the point of all of this.

I dont think Blizzard cares about nostra per se, its more of a standpoint to show them that it's not OK to steal from Blizz.
    If you can do this with one game, what makes you think people might not do it with other games in the future that they actually gain from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Except that everybody who bought a copy of World of Warcraft owns it too, and they should be able to play it.

- - - Updated - - -

Great argument.
    Read your ToS. You own nothing.

And my argument is great. Yours doesn;t work at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    I'm sure Blizzard are so concerned about the thousands they're losing business to from Nostralius, right after a year in which they've lost 5 million players due to their own follies.

BREAKING: The "Product" does not exist anymore; Blizzard don't even back up their own server code, by their own admission. Nostralius are hosting specific content that Blizzard has repeatedly denied their players. Blizzard as a company have a right to shape their own product; they do not have a right to ban ideas and concepts; that which refers to Nostralius' serverside code, which is theirs. Hosting a 1.12 Blizz"LIKE" server network falls under fair use; Nostralius are not selling or hosting the download of clientside data in any capacity.
    Thankyou for proving hte point. They don't give a damn about the people who wont play regardless. They care about being able to protect their product - which they can't if there's evidence they knew about a breach of contract and didn't act against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    I played on the server for a good while, just to get the vanilla wow experience. I stopped playing a couple months ago with about 3 mid level toons total. Sad to say I got bored out of my mind while leveling up between 30-40. Vanilla WoW is ok for some, but I'm so spoiled with all the updated content on legit Blizzard servers that I was sourly disappointed. I dunno, maybe I expected too much out of something outdated than the modern game itself.
    Congratulations, you learned what 15K people could not. There is a reason why vanilla transitioned to BC and so on.