Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    I blame the livestreamers for it getting shut down. They wouldn't shut up about it. Especially sodapoppin.
    That's just absolutely stupid.

It's a private server, they're not allowed. That's why it got shut down. Blaming anyone but the people hosting it is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Did...did you just quote Ghandi in a thread about people illegally using Blizzard code to play for free?

Jesus Christ private server people have some kind of god complex.
    Also did anyone give this to Donald Trump?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Did...did you just quote Ghandi in a thread about people illegally using Blizzard code to play for free?

Jesus Christ private server people have some kind of god complex.
    Was Ghandi a god?

Why don't you go back to your shitty youtube channel and make cringy videos that no one wants to see, fatso.

Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    Blizzard said they don't have the old date anymore, and they can't keep up the servers running if they had.
    I don't know if that was the actual statement but that still would be perfectly covered as far as I am concerned with gtfo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlesoup View Post
    I'm not the mad one.
    YAgain when the anger subsides and your emotions stop running wild maybe you'll see not everyone not really caring or just explaining on a level of reason why it happened is currently throwing a schadenfreude party. Personally for instance I don't care at all whether those servers exist or not but I simply can't understand how someone can be genuinely upset they did close it. It's not like they are going after every single user and are seeking punitive measures.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-04-07 at 12:42 PM.

I lol everytime I read a blizzard fanboy defending that shitty company...sad part for them, and they know it very well, that they never experienced vanilla and will never be able to understand how an MMO is fun with solid communities... they are the pandaland gaming generation of free epic and streamlined gaming.... we will find another way and host a vanilla private on another country, but you will always stuck in the shitty empty servers of the shitty game, that probably is under 3 millions now... now que to your LFR to feel like a raider hahahahahahahahahah
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Will the hosting company not be making a profit in Finland then? Will it not be taking the money it makes and giving it to their shareholders or whatever as profit/dividends?
    In economic terms, a nonprofit organization uses its surplus revenues to further achieve its purpose or mission
    Surplus revenues =/= Profit.

Nostralius lives on donations; as any charity/non-profit typically does. Their revenue is not distributed as unearned dividends back to anybody, it's put into hosting & managing their proprietary network (yes, that including paying people: earned; not unearned.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Read the EULA and read the TOS/TOU. You don't own the game.
    Their EULA is not even valid here. Not everybody has to live in cuckistan.

Quote Originally Posted by pjongjongjeng View Post
    Was Ghandi a god?

Why don't you go back to your shitty youtube channel and make cringy videos that no one wants to see, fatso.
    I don't think you know what a god complex is.

But good on you for calling me fat. You sure showed me that you're not a pretentious child whining about something you lost access to that you had no right to.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiksLE View Post
    You say cut out, i say improved

And id rather have a book that self destructs every 2 years than a book that closes itself every 2 hours
    I look forward to what nonsense he comes up with as a reply because this is more hilarious than the "downloading car" thing.

blizzard should just threaten with perma bans from retail to anyone whos been proven to play on pirate server and all this thiefs will vanish in very short time- simple solutions work best

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I lol everytime I read a blizzard fanboy defending that shitty company...sad part for them, and they know it very well, that they never experienced vanilla and will never be able to understand how an MMO is fun with solid communities... they are the pandaland gaming generation of free epic and streamlined gaming.... we will find another way and host a vanilla private on another country, but you will always stuck in the shitty empty servers of the shitty game, that probably is under 3 millions now... now que to your LFR to feel like a raider hahahahahahahahahah
    Played since about a month before AQ40 came out. Thanks.

Blizzard was wholly in the right to do this. It's their intellectual property that was being stolen and rehosted, for free, for other people.

Time Sinks to get to content is not in and of itself content. I love how people like yourself never seem to realize that the reason BC, Wrath, and beyond was changed in the way that it was is because people didn't want to spend months with an artificial time sink to get to the actual end game content. It's not as if Blizzard came out and randomly said, "We want to add in LFG," "We want to remove a lot of attunement quests," ect.

They did that because the majority of people wanted it. You can disagree with it if you want, but that was all in response to player feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by BadTastingPudding View Post
    You shouldn't be, but they aren't upset because Nost is providing a service they don't, they're probably upset at the third party use of their IP without any consent or involvement in its presentation or delivery.
    So we're exactly back at : they refuse to provide access to legacy realms, so why should they be upset if someone else does ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiksLE View Post
    You say cut out, i say improved

And id rather have a book that self destructs every 2 years than a book that closes itself every 2 hours
    The subscription numbers speak for themselves. If you say every expansion is an improvement compared to the previous one you're disagreeing with millions of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    "As soon as we received this letter, we decided to inform the team and players about the future of Nostalrius, where we have all passionately committed our time and energy as volunteers." - https://en.nostalrius.org/

"During this time, we dedicated our free time, health & money to recreate this version of World of Warcraft, more than 10 years after you released the first expansion. We trained several entire teams: development, software validation, customers service (also named Game Masters), communication, … as we wanted to be as professional as possible even as a completely volunteer team" - https://www.change.org/p/michael-mor...iter=522873458
    As if criminals never claim innocence when they're caught, even when they're caught red-handed, and never, ever, plead 'not guilty' when their trials begin...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I played Vanilla, it was fun for it's time but is very sub-par compared to anything after it.

Quote Originally Posted by pjongjongjeng View Post
    I do, I have it in my hand right now.
    Then read it. It's right there, in the first few pages. I even quoted the passages many pages ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    good riddance, one less shitty pserver in the web
    Actually, the server was amazingly stable with a fantastic community. A community far better than the shitfest you morons playing retail have.

RIP Nostalrius, glad they released the source code.

I understand Blizzard is totally within legal right to do this...but c'mon, man!
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Well I read the first 50 pages, might do the rest sometime later. Its quite insane how fast this thread is growing, it started right when I went to bed and when I woke up it was at 95 freaking pages already O.o

First of all, I've played in Nostalrius myself lately and currently have a level 15 undead mage who is about halfway in Silverpine. And I can say its the most fun I had since the last 6 years on retail, it really was THAT amazing. The questing was harder and slower, but that doesn't mean its less fun, if anything thats MORE fun to me. You had to be careful were you wanted to spend your money, as it was a lot harder to earn and you had to spend a lot more on new ablities and such. But best of all I actually felt immersed, Silverpine Forest looked absolutely amazing from below. The Silverpine in retail is just filled with stuff, forsaken NPC's everywhere who sometimes fight worgen, imo it killed all the immersion. But yeah this is as far as I can say how much I enjoyed vanilla, but I was actually looking forward to level even more, unlike anything else I can do in retail.

Secondly, it just shows as yet another desperate move by Blizzard. Nostalrius wasn't damaging anyone, and I very much doubt their community is interested in going back to retail if they were to shut down. To me it seems like they are afraid of Nostalrius getting more and more popular, while retail is just dying more and more until Legion may finally release some day. The old Blizzard doesn't seem scumbaggy enough to pull such a thing, but then again they once said the game would never have microtransactions because it felt like they were cheating their playerbase, now look what happened.

Third and at least, by reading the first 50 pages it amazes me that so many people are actually glad that it got taken down. It never effected you in any way, and there were a lot of people that enjoyed playing that game, so why being such a killjoy? It reeks of misery. It just shows how bad the community on retail really is, they can't even allow ''other'' WoW players to have their fun if they don't support Blizzard in any way. And why the sudden change of being a moral rider or whatever it is called, when you call out on the servers illegality? People illegally download stuff ALL THE TIME, whether it'll be music, movies and other games. I very much doubt that anyone here hasn't illegally streamed or pirated anything, or you must have no friends who'd also like to pirate a lot of stuff and would be happily show you whatever they downloaded. Even watching a simple parody of some cartoon on Youtube is about as illegal. I have watched a lot of series like Game of Thrones and Walking Dead, and I gladly admit I pirated them all. Never spended a dime, and to add it up I pirated a lot of games and music. Not feeling any shame, so sorry about that.
    And what happens to those illegal download or watch sites eventually?
    They all get shut down just like this did. You can choose to use stuff like this but the owner of the rights to this stuff has the same right to shut it down. Guess what the law is on wow's side too. So have fun not playing that undead Mage

Then read it. It's right there, in the first few pages. I even quoted the passages many pages ago.
    but man reading is hard - raging on forums is easy

Deleted
    As if criminals never claim innocence when they're caught, even when they're caught red-handed, and never, ever, plead 'not guilty' when their trials begin...
    Except they aren't criminals, they're content creators (At least in progressive nations).

I played Vanilla, it was fun for it's time but is very sub-par compared to anything after it.
    You could say the same about Mario 64 or Goldeneye, but you'd spin it differently, wouldn't you. Vanilla's concept, and what it gave to the player, regardless of how rudimentary it was, was far greater than the proverbially polished, insignificant turd that is Warlords of Draenor.
    Last edited by mmoc3277a835d2; 2016-04-07 at 12:40 PM.