Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Blizzard may revoke your license to use Battle.net and/or the Games if you violate, or assist others in violating, the license limitations set forth below. You agree that you will not, in whole or in part or under any circumstances, do the following:

VII: Unauthorized Connections: Facilitate, create or maintain any unauthorized connection to Battle.net or the Game(s) including without limitation (i) any connection to any unauthorized server that emulates, or attempts to emulate, Battle.net; and (ii) any connection using third-party programs or tools not expressly authorized by Blizzard;

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/eula
    Account =/= game

Quote Originally Posted by Kirne View Post
    I hope it crashes and burns because it's quite fun to laugh at the vanilla boys, but whatever, I probably wouldn't play if their direction for the game was go back to vanilla. Moving to finland to dodge laws just proves you're doing something wrong, though.
    Would you run from a Death Execution if you knew you havnt done anything wrong or against the law? Of course you would! "They" or He is being realistic if anything, he cant win nor could he even pay for a Lawsuit against Blizz, no matter the Chances for them.
    This proves simply nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    When you signed up for Battle.net -

Unauthorized Connections: Facilitate, create or maintain any unauthorized connection to the Service or the Game(s) including without limitation (i) any connection to any unauthorized server that emulates, or attempts to emulate, the Service; and (ii) any connection using third-party programs or tools not expressly authorized by Blizzard; - Section 1-C-Viii - http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/legal/eula.html
    They don't need battlenet for priv servers...

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    As I've never seen more than 20 players of level 47 at one time, that number is very hard to believe in.

Once again:

1. Nostalrius had abt. 13,500 max players online at any one time.

2. Nostalrius had abt. 150,000 regular active players.

3. Nostalrius had over 800,000 registered accounts.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Good riddance, it's quite fun to laugh at the vanilla boys.

Most ppl played there not because vanilla and nostalgia,but because it was free.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    The EULA is limited to Blizzard's domain; they cannot arrest or sue people; they can ban accounts, but not much else.
    The law states that the owner of software can license it under any terms it desires; and that violation of the license is a crime.

Also, playing the game is not a fair use, as the reusing the copyrighted assets like quest texts, spells' mechanics and geodata.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    As I said, it was said earlier in this thread. scroll back and look.
    Just because someone said it doesn't mean it's true.

Bring proof instead of trying to smear the server with baseless accusations.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Pirate scumbags.
    Hahaha, too funny.

We want a product that Blizzard is unwilling to provide. Someone else does it, and makes just enough money to keep it going for a community.

Definitely scumbags, though.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    That is your justification? Blizzard does not want to provide it so that gives you and them the rights to do this?
    I'm ready to pay Blizzard to be able to play pre-Cata WoW. Many are. It's so often brought up on the official forums they even made a joke of the "Wall of No".
    Blizzard answer ? Basically : "fuck you, we don't want to bring legacy servers".
    If they don't want, why should they care if someone else does ?

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    But, no, don't you understand? They "bought" the game (As if 100% of people who play those servers bought the game lololol), so therefore they can do whatever they want with it.
    Yeah, they all went to the Blizzard store, bought the Vanilla game, and then logged into the private server. They totally didn't download a cracked copy of the game, altered to log into their pirate server rather than the official servers. Oh, poor them...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    15k daily is prolly more than a lot of live servers
    you know how many live server there are ? lol people saying random shit are hilarious
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Deleted
    get rekt scrubs

/e am laughing at all those faggots who dont understand why blizzard shuts down those private server. just deal with the fact, that there wont be any private servers from blizzard

its like owning a car but you dont want to drive it, so someone else comes and says "he doesnt want to drive it and he doesnt want to sell it, so ill just drive it"

LOL
    Last edited by mmoc52398e7931; 2016-04-07 at 01:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosmin90 View Post
    Good riddance, it's quite fun to laugh at the vanilla boys.

Most ppl played there not because vanilla and nostalgia,but because it was free.
    No. Anybody who believes that has mental problems.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosmin90 View Post
    Nice 4 post shitposter.

Free doesn't even factor into the equation for most. Its the content.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Live and learn.

How does this work for Finland?

I know how this works for Russia, they just don't cooperate on things this small / they don't have their own interest in, it's silly to even ask. But Finland...
    No one knows how the fuck finland works.

There is this - "In Finland, copyright is governed by national legislation, EU directives and international conventions. The Copyright Act protects works of Finnish origin, whereas works of foreign origin are protected under international treaties.
    The Finnish Copyright Act came into force in 1961 and has been updated several times since then. In 2005 Finnish copyright legislation was amended to meet the demands of the digital environment and the internet. " - http://www.minedu.fi/OPM/Tekijaenoikeus?lang=en

So it seems finland isnt exempt from international copyright law anymore (i think thats what it means)

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    about 1 out of 50. They play cause its free. Pirate scumbags.
    Hard to be more wrong than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Yes they can, it's their property, they can decide whatever they want to do with it. It has absolutely nothing to do with hypocrisy.
    You simply cannot steal someone else their intellectual property that cost millions of dollars and thousands of hours to make, and exploit it to a specific customer base, paying or not.

It's theft, it's really that simple.

What concerns me most is the amount of guys and girls in this thread that have no issues at all with property theft.
    Copyright violation is not theft, that's why it's called "copyright violation", dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    And what if i never accepted it, modified the game so that screen doesn't pop up and logged into my own server? What then huh?
    I sure as hell didn't sign any contracts when i bought the game at the store.
    You can claim that, but I honestly doubt you simply bought the game and never logged in it, not even once, all this time. It's on you to prove that case.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    The same way I laugh at fanboys when retail drops to 1-2 mil active players?
    You mean when nobody any longer gives a fuck about the game anyways ? Well have fun with that
    Quote Originally Posted by pjongjongjeng View Post
    I know what peak means. Why would you assume I don't?
    Because I misread a previous post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    you know how many live server there are ? lol people saying random shit are hilarious
    It certainly is more than a lot of live servers. It doesn't matter though because there are let's say a couple more of those around.

I doubt anyone here is adept enough in law to know if finland would be a safe haven for this - but the guy is willing to give it a shot and I can't be bothered researchingp ersonally. More power to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."