Page 35 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So they managed to nerf healing elixirs, purifying brew (clears 50% of the stagger) and the brew generation (nerfing the talent that was the best for it), and giving nothing back in return, it's like they're trying to completly delete the spec for no reason

I'd just like to know where they got

Brewmaster Monks – Reigned in their overpoweredness. (Note that this is not final tuning, just getting things in the right ballpark so as not to negatively impact testing too much.)
    since brewmasters didn't even seem to be the best tank on alpha before this build, i'm not sure we're playing the same game as developers anymore

Purifying Brew now clears only 50% of Staggered damage

lol

Yea, between the changes to Brewmaster and Blood DK I'm just done with the game for awhile. Tanking is a joke right now, maybe they'll fix it with the next expac.

So nothing good came from this build

I'm horribly confused on how Brewmaster was Op /lol?
    Like instead of fixing everything else wrong they nerf PB ?!?!?!?!?!?!

Well here's to being hopeful that more builds hopefully fix more or do worse ha

Quote Originally Posted by Emblems View Post
    So nothing good came from this build

I'm horribly confused on how Brewmaster was Op /lol?
    Like instead of fixing everything else wrong they nerf PB ?!?!?!?!?!?!

Well here's to being hopeful that more builds hopefully fix more or do worse ha

so we are sitting at constant 70%+ stagger but getting damage the whole time.
    i dont think there is a way to have 100% IsB while PBx2?

Monk tanks right now -- Broken, Beat and Scarred (Metallica - Youtube)... "You rise, you fall, you're down then you rise again; What don't kill ya make ya more strong!"... sorry but I had to!

Quote Originally Posted by urbon View Post
    Logs from tonight: www(.)warcraftlogs.com/reports/FTdZjNnawDtkM61q [Sorry to mods, unallowed to post links]

Our artifact ability is bugged too, doing 1 damage with it.

Our threat generation is terribad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    Also, Flaming Keg can crit!

(for 2 damage)
    A huge *fistbump* to everyone providing Alpha feedback, suggestions and especially the logs. Hopefully the Flaming Keg bug has been submitted / picked up by Blizzard; hopefully it will somewhat explain our lagging DPS and threat. Our current build is really, really leaving me nervous.

lol
    Maybe you should all just go on a strike and not test BrM at all, then they see how op we were before

The spec is more than playable in lvl 100 dungeons mostly because it's tuned really low and a lot of 750+ items are available but once you queue a lvl 110 nm dungeon and you're scaled to a rather low ilvl you can feel how weak the spec is, 16+ seconds cd on brews force you to choose beetween mitigating and purifying if the fight lasts more than a few seconds, if you're not purifying you're taking a lot of damage but quite constant damage, if you're purifying you're spiking and as a result often have to get your GoTo orbs which still spawn randomly really far away from where you're standing, making the boss do awkward movement all the time

Even weaving through brews, stuns and cds and trying to maximise your brew generation it's a pain to tank content that's faceroll on other tanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerfing purifying brew was probably one of the last things I expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Deleted
    The general concept of only removing 50% of the damage may be interesting, but it did not seem needed at all. It's a very big change, not a minor nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyankopon View Post
    The general concept of only removing 50% of the damage may be interesting, but it did not seem needed at all. It's a very big change, not a minor nerf.
    hase someone any inside of how the states of all tanks are right now? or is it to early to compare? just for information gathering.

I'm really not up to testing anymore looking at all those changes...
    I'll wait for the beta =/

Quote Originally Posted by gregstafelam View Post
    I'm really not up to testing anymore looking at all those changes...
    I'll wait for the beta =/
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    lol
    Maybe you should all just go on a strike and not test BrM at all, then they see how op we were before
    Literally this is the last thing you should be doing. If you don't like these changes, test them. Document them. Create a solid argument and reasoning about them. And report to Blizzard.

Not providing feedback is a surefire way to see this change into live.

Deleted
    Flaming Keg now scales with Attack power (dealing about 60% of what Keg Smash does as Fire damage).

Not sure why the Purifying Brew nerf. Maybe they're testing some weird level 100 max-artefact scenarios where brewmasters outscaled other tanks? It's hard to imagine but I don't see any other report on why Brewmaster would be considered overpowered in the previous build. Maybe this build was being developed even before Brewmasters were released (especially prior to this week's raid testing) and we might see some more relevant changes in the next build.
    Last edited by mmoc22f09fe318; 2016-04-07 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    Flaming Keg now scales with Attack power (dealing about 60% of what Keg Smash does as Fire damage)
    This still seems excessively weak for a 1.25 minute cooldown. DR still 15% I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Literally this is the last thing you should be doing. If you don't like these changes, test them. Document them. Create a solid argument and reasoning about them. And report to Blizzard.

Not providing feedback is a surefire way to see this change into live.
    I didn't say to do nothing...
    Just tell them that you don't wanna test this mess of a spec until they fix some numbers... or all the other things that were already given as feedback over the last days/weeks

I didn't say to do nothing...
    Just tell them that you don't wanna test this mess of a spec until they fix some numbers... or all the other things that were already given as feedback over the last days/weeks
    That's doing nothing.

They said that they wanted numbers to be more in-line for what they want in live. If there's a problem with those numbers you can't just say "fix the numbers" because it won't sound like they need to be fixed.

Test the numbers. Document. Report back. Make the argument.

Playing testing hostage for the sake of getting a better Brewmaster is one of the dumbest ideas ever. That's not how testing works, that's not how ANYONE will benefit from this.

7+ Year Old Account
    just imagine that pre patch when it goes live with that brewmaster

Why? They obviously don't read feedback, otherwise they wouldn't have made that hilarious statement

Why? They obviously don't read feedback, otherwise they wouldn't have made that hilarious statement
    Devs have a different perspective due to what they do. We see things differently because of that. And because of that, feedback is ALWAYS essential. And frankly, they read feedback. The issue is they have to sort through a lot of stuff that's less useful to them than not. A lot of people like to say "i dislike this" and more or less leave it at that without saying what they really truly dislike and why they truly dislike it. That statement of theirs is actually fine. The issue is, their actions might have been overboard. It's up to testers to give them the feedback (from data and solid reasoning) that such is true. If they don't, then it won't be reverted.

Either way, this attitude is immature, irresponsible, and will make these changes FAR MORE LIKELY to go live. Shame on you for actually thinking it's even remotely productive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokuna View Post
    The spec is more than playable in lvl 100 dungeons mostly because it's tuned really low and a lot of 750+ items are available but once you queue a lvl 110 nm dungeon and you're scaled to a rather low ilvl you can feel how weak the spec is, 16+ seconds cd on brews force you to choose beetween mitigating and purifying if the fight lasts more than a few seconds, if you're not purifying you're taking a lot of damage but quite constant damage, if you're purifying you're spiking and as a result often have to get your GoTo orbs which still spawn randomly really far away from where you're standing, making the boss do awkward movement all the time

Even weaving through brews, stuns and cds and trying to maximise your brew generation it's a pain to tank content that's faceroll on other tanks
    This is actually good info. Would you say that going only ISB would probably be better for you in those dungeons or if doing both is still a good idea? Or is it really hard to tell?

Do some more tests on this, I think it would be a good bit of data. There's a lot of potential for these changes to really destroy the usefulness of PB in relation to ISB, reducing a lot of the choice in the spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    This still seems excessively weak for a 1.25 minute cooldown. DR still 15% I assume.
    I'm not sure. The tooltip of the Flaming Keg debuff is now blank, no longer stating anything about damage reduction. I'd assume it's still there but I'll have to do a combat log damage test to actually confirm it.