Page 78 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    people are only allowed as much freedom as the government gives them. if you want unrestricted freedom there is a perfect country for you. somalia. i hear they are recruiting for local militia fighters to fight for the warlords there.

I love the Somalia argument, it's ridiculous. Somalia is not an anarchy state, not by a long shot, it's a tribalist nation with a weak central government and corrupt, militant populace.

People are only allowed as much freedom as the government allows, so the more laws you have, the more freedom you tend to lose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Nobody is forcing you, you get to choose to follow the rules or do something else. It's the same thing as being "forced" to pay taxes from the business or being "forced" to operate in clean kitchen when you cook for customers. Does being forced to do those also take away your freedom ?
    "Do this, or else..." that is force.

That's like holding a gun to someone's head, and telling them to jump of a bridge, or you will shoot them. Did they freely jump off that bridge?

That exact same argument was made by the people who banned gay marriage. "Nobody is taking away your freedom you can still choose to marry someone of the opposite gender."

It was bullshit then, and it's bullshit now.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2016-04-07 at 02:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I love the Somalia argument, it's ridiculous. Somalia is not an anarchy state, not by a long shot, it's a tribalist nation with a weak central government and corrupt, militant populace.

People are only allowed as much freedom as the government allows, so the more laws you have, the more freedom you tend to lose.

- - - Updated - - -

That's like holding a gun to someone's head, and telling them to jump of a bridge, or you will shoot them. Did they freely jump off that bridge?
    and the more laws you have the more stability you have. the jumping off the bridge analogy is really stupid.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    An authoritarian is an authoritian. You are the one who demands fealthy to the government, which is exactly how Hitler was allowed to do all those horrible things.
    Fealthy is not a word in the English language. What permitted Hitler to do what he did, was bank on existing prejuce by making it protected by law. It's directly what you are supporting and why 'authoritarian is authoritarian' is such a glib statement. Unless you are anarchist, you support authoritarian rule. Saying authoritarian is authoritarian, removes any wiggle room from your assertion...

- - - Updated - - -

What law have you seen me support? Please, let me know.
    The ability of government to dictate what discrimination is permissible. Then you have everything that separates 'mathematical' equation of anarchy not being feasible.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

And that is why you are an authoritarian, they want their version of "stability."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Fealthy is not a word in the English language. What permitted Hitler to do what he did, was bank on existing prejuce by making it protected by law. It's directly what you are supporting and why 'authoritarian is authoritarian' is such a glib statement. Unless you are anarchist, you support authoritarian rule. Saying authoritarian is authoritarian, removes any wiggle room from your assertion...

- - - Updated - - -

The ability of government to dictate what discrimination is permissible. Then you have everything that separates 'mathematical' equation of anarchy not being feasible.
    What law have I supported?

That's sort of the end of the argument. You are against rules period. No country, no law enforcement, no rules to obstruct your freedom. We had that maybe 8000 years ago ? It's not how modern society works however.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that is why you are an authoritarian, they want their version of "stability."

- - - Updated - - -

What law have I supported?
    the right to discriminate against others based on orientation.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

And which law would that be? The mississppi law? I've made it quite clear that I do not support it.

- - - Updated - - -

That's sort of the end of the argument. You are against rules period. No country, no law enforcement, no rules to obstruct your freedom. We had that maybe 8000 years ago ? It's not how modern society works however.
    I never said I was against all rules, period. I'm merely against an unnecessary restriction in overall freedoms. Modern society does not work that way, because people have an inherent desire to force their beliefs onto others. I'm not a big fan of such things, if you hadn't noticed.

10+ Year Old Account
    And which law would that be? The mississppi law? I've made it quite clear that I do not support it.
    the right to discriminate is by itself a de facto law upon whose domain that person enters.
    your move.

the right to discriminate is by itself a de facto law upon whose domain that person enters.
    your move.
    Now we're talking about imaginary, de facto laws? Are you fucking serious?

I support freedom, it's really that simple.

I don't think you understand the difference between a law, and freedom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now we're talking about imaginary, de facto laws? Are you fucking serious?

I support freedom, it's really that simple.
    if you can't enforce your freedoms than it's not a law now is it?

if you can't enforce your freedoms than it's not a law now is it?
    You can protect your freedoms, can't you?

Seriously, I want you to cite the damn law that you claim I'm supporting.

I never said I was against all rules, period. I'm merely against an unnecessary restriction in overall freedoms. Modern society does not work that way, because people have an inherent desire to force their beliefs onto others. I'm not a big fan of such things, if you hadn't noticed.
    So, if I get it right, you think that customer and employee discrimination based on religion is no big deal and restricting it is unnecessary. If so, you are entitled to that opinion, but most modern governments and ppl don't share it with you.

so you admit you don't even have a grade school education.....yet you are mocking those who know more about the subject than you do by bringing up the fact that they have a education....i'm reminded of a certain movie....
    Apparently you can't read, would you like some links for some education programs ? It's never to late to become literate

So, if I get it right, you think that customer and employee discrimination based on religion is no big deal and restricting it is unnecessary. If so, you are entitled to that opinion, but most modern governments and ppl don't share it with you.
    That's because most modern governments and people are authoritarians, and don't believe in actual freedom. Instead, they believe in using the government to force their beliefs onto everyone else. What is worse, when they apply their desire for authoritariansim in an inconsistent manner, making them hypocrites on top of that.

It's called property rights, it's inherit to owning property. Notice how the communists that passed The CRA made it so that no business was truly private anymore. It's even more sad to see people openly cheering the fall of the greatest country to ever exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz
    except its a business, not residential.
    You seem to believe that's a relevant difference.

That's because most modern governments and people are authoritarians, and don't believe in actual freedom. Instead, they believe in using the government to force their beliefs onto everyone else. What is worse, when they apply their desire for authoritariansim in an inconsistent manner, making them hypocrites on top of that.
    Ok, I understand where you are coming from now Good luck fighting your fight.

Ok, I understand where you are coming from now Good luck fighting your fight.
    Oh, I already know it's a losing fight. Humans want to control other humans far too much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Yes, and you would never force a KKK member to serve a black, or a neo-Nazi to serve a jew.
    You would let them starve.
    We heard you.

You want to go back a few hundred years.
    It's hilarious because you want to take us back to pre 1964.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    It's called property rights, it's inherit to owning property. Notice how the communists that passed The CRA made it so that no business was truly private anymore. It's even more sad to see people openly cheering the fall of the greatest country to ever exist.
    I like how Trump's slogan is "make America great again" but apparently neither he nor his fan club can name what part of American history they mean, since or past is filled with racism, corruption, sexiam, cronyism, witch trials, civil war, cross burning, etc.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    An authoritarian is an authoritian. You are the one who demands fealthy to the government, which is exactly how Hitler was allowed to do all those horrible things.
    Holy shit! Did you honestly respond to a question about stopping people from murdering gay people, by calling that approach authoritarian and Hitler?

You are easily the dumbest person in this entire forum, by an extensive margin.