Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    I'm highly autistic with OCD traits, I take that as a perk
    On a more serious note, if you can suggest another board that will fit in the Obsidian 250D with a Z170 chipset then let me know.
    I said it like 3 times now
    ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming - IMO a better overall board with the same colour scheme.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Don't forget the 30 euro cashback option on that one.

15+ Year Old Account
    But, like I said, The ASUS Z170I doesn't have Bluetooth.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

15+ Year Old Account
    But, like I said, The ASUS Z170I doesn't have Bluetooth.
    Well no you didn't actually

Regardless ... the mobo does have BlueTooth.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not listed in the specs, but fair enough I'll use it

- - - Updated - - -

One other thing: I really wanted nVidia for Shadow Play and Shield streaming (there are some freeware Shield stream clients which work on any Windows system) is the 390X worth giving that up for?
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

One other thing: I really wanted nVidia for Shadow Play and Shield streaming (there are some freeware Shield stream clients which work on any Windows system) is the 390X worth giving that up for?
    I think most people advise a nVidia card for people who use those kind of features a lot.
    So it is up to you, do you intent to use it on a daily basis?

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

BlueTooth in the specs, scroll down or search for "bluetooth"

As far as Shadow Play .. that's a feature that can be done via your CPU as well with Intel's QuickSync or AMD's Gaming Evolved Program.
    When it comes to Shield Streaming... well I cannot answer that for you, only you yourself can.

But I will share this:
    Ashes of the Singularity Day 1 Benchmark Preview - DX11 vs. DX12 Performance
    In properly developed DX12 games the R9 390X is clashing with the GTX 980 Ti when it's natural enemy is the GTX 980.
    This is "free" performance you're getting that simply comes from enabling a feature, nVidia cannot do this due to lack of actual hardware on their cards.

Seeing as DX12 will taking over the gaming market in a rapid pace due to what it offers (please shoot anyone who says that's still an unknown) I would argue that it is worth it but you are the only person who can make that decision for yourself.

When it comes to the video card I just suggest making the choice yourself. People can find tests and benchmarks that show any card as the winner within a given class. A lot of what you will hear is blind fanboy-ism about red is better than green team or green team rules red team garbage. For some reason people really like to lock their lips around corporations that are over pricing and under teching them regardless of the side they have landed on. I would go into the pros and cons of each side but that would only inflame the fanboy war going on in the thread already. But you seem smart OP. Five mins and 2 or so goggle searches pulls up the answers.

User was infracted
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2016-04-08 at 01:38 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    When it comes to the video card I just suggest making the choice yourself. People can find tests and benchmarks that show any card as the winner within a given class. A lot of what you will hear is blind fanboy-ism about red is better than green team or green team rules red team garbage. For some reason people really like to lock their lips around corporations that are over pricing and under teching them regardless of the side they have landed on. I would go into the pros and cons of each side but that would only inflame the fanboy war going on in the thread already. But you seem smart OP. Five mins and 2 or so goggle searches pulls up the answers.
    Wow... talk about being insulting.
    How about you stop being an ass and explain where the "fanboy" war in this thread is going on and if you cannot do that you might want to stop being condescending to people.

If you do not like/support the arguments given then make a proper post instead of this flaming non-constructive garbage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here's my final draft I think:

# Product Price Subtotal
    1 Intel Core i5-6600K Boxed € 235,97 € 235,97
    1 Asus Z170 PRO GAMING € 142,95 € 142,95
    1 MSI R9 390X Gaming 8GB € 421,- € 421,-
    1 Corsair Obsidian 250D € 89,95 € 89,95
    1 Cryorig C1 € 68,90 € 68,90
    1 Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M1A2666C16 € 100,- € 100,-
    1 XFX XTR 650W € 104,50 € 104,50
    Total € 1.163,27

Anyone have any last comments? I'll hopefully be buying it in 6 weeks or so, so some time for last-minute modifications!

Anyone have any last comments? I'll hopefully be buying it in 6 weeks or so, so some time for last-minute modifications!
    If that's the case you are really close to Polaris 10 and 11 launching(possibly GTX 1080 and 1070 too) as the rumors currently are that Nvidia might launch their stuff during May and AMD early June.

How about you stop being an ass and explain where the "fanboy" war in this thread is going on and if you cannot do that you might want to stop being condescending to people.

If you do not like/support the arguments given then make a proper post instead of this flaming non-constructive garbage.
    He's not too far from the mark people like to make their own opinions by personal bias, especially on these forums. Doing your own research gets you a lot further due to making a decision based on what you want not what someone else does.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm with Mrgreenthump here we're not far from the next generation of cards, I'd dare say it's better to wait and see.

Deleted
    I am also with the waiting, but ASUS is having a cash back option right now. I usually do not recommend buying stuff separatly but in this case.
    You could buy everything besides the GPU and play for a short while on the iGPU. It won't be high end gaming, but gets you untill polaris/pascal.

Otherwise you can buy just the mobo

Yeah, people can find any benchmark to prove a certain card is better, however, because people look at old benchmarks. If you look at new benchmarks, you see that the AMD cards are better, especially when it comes to DX12 because nVidia just plain lacks the hardware to support it.

As for fanboyism, I'll admit all day long I am an nVidia fanboy. I still recommend AMD currently, because nVidia lacks hardware currently. Once the new cards release I'll likely change my tune and be back to always recommending nVidia, and I still usually recommend just picking up a 950 to hold you over until the new cards arrive. However, if you need/want top performance right now, AMD is the clear choice.

- - - Updated - - -

# Product Price Subtotal
    Total € 1.163,27

6 weeks is ages in computer hardware. It's better to post 1-2 weeks before you are going to purchase and then check the day of to see if there are any last minute sales or something.

Here is part of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    If that's the case you are really close to Polaris 10 and 11 launching(possibly GTX 1080 and 1070 too) as the rumors currently are that Nvidia might launch their stuff during May and AMD early June.
    I highly doubt I'll be able to afford the next-gen top end cards on release day, but I'll definitely keep an eye out before I commit. Just not quite sure when my tax return/holiday pay comes in

15+ Year Old Account

# Product Price Subtotal
    Total € 1.163,27

Yeah I do...

You selected the wrong mobo, here's the correct one.
    ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming - Note the "I" next to the Z170

Saved your butt here

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigvizz View Post
    He's not too far from the mark people like to make their own opinions by personal bias, especially on these forums. Doing your own research gets you a lot further due to making a decision based on what you want not what someone else does.
    Yeah and there's a difference as to how you post it and what is actually a "fanboy war".
    The way he did it is not a good way to do so not to mention that there isn't any form of "fanboy war" going on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here is part of it.
    Evidence provided... I rest my case.

I highly doubt I'll be able to afford the next-gen top end cards on release day, but I'll definitely keep an eye out before I commit. Just not quite sure when my tax return/holiday pay comes in
    If you can drop € 421 on a 390x you'll more than likely be in the price range of x70 or 1070. Whatever the hell it will be called.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigvizz View Post
    If you can drop € 421 on a 390x you'll more than likely be in the price range of x70 or 1070. Whatever the hell it will be called.
    Speaking of new cards (Dutch version):
    Gerucht: AMD Radeon 400-videokaarten met Polaris-gpu komen eind juni op de markt.

And here is the translated version... IF it works, I dunno.