Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    God damn it! I had JUST found out about the server and made an account a couple days ago!

Why can't blizzard just make a Vanilla server and be done with it?! I don't give a rat's ass if it will ''split up the community'' I just wanna play Vanilla!
    Not going to happen. Surely this is a clear sign for everyone that Blizzard is not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    All you people wondering how Blizzard won't do legacy servers when a small group of volunteers managed to pull it off.. they didn't. Nostalrius was buggy and really exploitable mess. Was it good with private server standards? Hell yeah but it was no where near retail WoW quality.
    I'd honestly say that retail servers are more exploitable. On retail it's not secret for the last 6 or 7 years you could bot and in most cases get away with it for years without getting banned. The same isn't true on Nostalrius, for example. I've heard PvP on retail has also been killed in the form of win trading and using programs that will automatically interrupt spell casters (without the player having to hit a button). You may not be a fan of Nostalrius because of copy right issues and such, but they've definitely put out a superior product to what blizzard has offered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    Joined March 2016, only to post that?

We will not miss anyone, since im sure 90% of the players of that stupid Private Server don't even pay for the original game.
    I would even love that blizzard get's the emails from the Accounts and straight ban them on the official ones.

Pirate a software and cry like a baby when it gets shut down, what is this?
    Mate, don't pull numbers out of your ass. Have some statistic or are you just assuming? I still pay for the game my 5 closest friends still do, but we play on the classic realm of Nostalrius. Blizzard still get's it's money and we get to have fun, problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    I predict subs would soar if a vanilla realm opened.
    Actually I'm with you on that one. The problem from Blizz's perspective is that it would only last for a short while. A month or two.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Over 100 million WoW accounts have been created yet less than 5 million are subscribed... which kind of sinks your argument completely.
    Except one is paid for and one is free.
    Except one is 12 years old nearly and one is 1 year old.

My argument stands. Privates servers are simply for people too poor to pay for the real game and even getting a FREE version still doesn't keep more than 20% of the population.

GG lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    It's actually amazing how many people in here have never ever done anything illegally before. Never downloaded a song or a movie from the internet. Not even 1 mph over the speed limit. So many upstanding citizens. Kudos.
    When I drive over the speed limit, I realize that I could be pulled over at any minute. I'm breaking the law. When *I* get pulled over, it's *my* own fault for driving fast.

I suppose I could go to a random police forum and blame the cop for doing his job instead. Seems to be the norm these days.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

It's actually amazing how many people in here have never ever done anything illegally before. Never downloaded a song or a movie from the internet. Not even 1 mph over the speed limit. So many upstanding citizens. Kudos.
    Well sure, I've jaywalked. I've returned videos or games late, sometimes even forgot to rewind tapes. But never did anything that would warrant a cease and desist.

The difference is we're not trying to be smug about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So does the fact that other people have done illegal things justify you doing illegal things?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Except one is paid for and one is free.
    Except one is 12 years old nearly and one is 1 year old.

My argument stands. Privates servers are simply for people too poor to pay for the real game and even getting a FREE version still doesn't keep more than 20% of the population.

GG lmao
    hmm I have a WoW sub and I spent more time on Nos honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if a private server isn't making any money off of it, it seems like a shitty thing to close it down like that.

must be butthurt that less and less people actually want the real thing.
    I realize we are living in an age where people make copies of music, movies, photographs, software, et cetera, and give them away to their friends and don't "make any money off it," but taking something from its owner and giving it away is still theft.

"Information wants to be free," but it isn't yet.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure many people here are pirates. I'm also sure if they got busted and went to court they wouldn't expect people to be like "THEY WERE OBVIOUSLY STEALING BUT LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT YOUR HONOUR!"

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Actually I'm with you on that one. The problem from Blizz's perspective is that it would only last for a short while. A month or two.
    Completely agree. I bet we'd see a massive join, followed by a massive abandonment. Leaving only a small niche of players, which might even be smaller if Blizzard charges a monthly fee in order to access these server\s.

All in all, profit wise speaking only, it doesn't seem like a very profitable endeavor.

All this salt over victimless "crime." I put "crime" in quotes because really... what's a law but a miserable pile of... wait, wrong game. Laws are nothing but rules drafted by a select few minority, which they mostly benefit from, that are applied to the vast majority who have no say in, whatsoever. All these posts saying these private servers are stealing, but in order to steal something, the owners have to be offering that product in the first place, which Blizzard is not. Now if Blizz started hosting legacy servers for their subscribers, then yes, it would be stealing. But until then, it really has zero impact on your life. You don't lose anything from the folks who are playing on a server that's hosting a version of the game they prefer. M.Y.O.B.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

For 3 months, then they would drop. After 1 year they would be dead and/or people demanding to progress to TBC.
    Nostralius had 800k accounts and only 15k played at peak. So even when the vanilla game is free people don't play it very long.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I'm not arguing with you. There's more possibility of understanding by arguing with a block of cheese.

Come back when you have achieved sentience.
    Ahh yes your 3rd post where your argument is based purely on insult and entirely devoid of relevance to the subject. You're doing well, keep going I'd like to see how far you can take this.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Instead of being anal about Blizz should just incorporate it into their business model. Logic and customer care seems to elude them nowadays.

Of course a Vanilla server would lead to 2 hour ques for LFR. and 20 wipes per black gate group. No one really wants to play WOD anyway.

So Blizzard can give players who don't contribute to the community when new expansions come out and who don't send a nickel or dime to Blizzard for said new content? Why would they even want to support those types of players? The game as a whole moves forward when the community plays new content together, talks about it, and spends money on it, not from staying fixated on a free version of old content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are the guys running the private server like Apple to you? You believe every marketing gimmick they use? You really have no idea if their figures are accurate. They could say anything and because they're not doing something legal they have no one to answer to.
    It's really fascinating how people will dismiss the numbers they put out but will defend and try to rationalize when a company does it. Blizzard says they have X active subs no one bats an eye, a private server does the same and suddenly they must be lying despite plenty of anecdotal evidence showing it's not wrong (or at least fairly accurate).

Besides what do they gain by inflating their numbers? If you'd log in and see no one you'd know they are full of it, and leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    All this salt over victimless "crime." I put "crime" in quotes because really... what's a law but a miserable pile of... wait, wrong game. Laws are nothing but rules drafted by a select few minority, which they mostly benefit from, that are applied to the vast majority who have no say in, whatsoever. All these posts saying these private servers are stealing, but in order to steal something, the owners have to be offering that product in the first place, which Blizzard is not. Now if Blizz started hosting legacy servers for their subscribers, then yes, it would be stealing. But until then, it really has zero impact on your life. You don't lose anything from the folks who are playing on a server that's hosting a version of the game they prefer. M.Y.O.B.
    @Ansible The people (anyone who is eligible and wants to vote) elected those "select few" to create laws and speak on their behalf. Not sure what your point is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    They offered a game that costs money for free, stealing potential customers from the legal game and they asked for donations to run the servers.
    Lol, is this a joke? I'm pretty sure blizz does not offer vanilla servers. They are not stealing anything, and they ASKED for donations, not demanded.

"Potential customers", hahahahahahahha, it's like when companies say they lost billions to piracy because all those that pirate stuff would have bought their product. Except this time blizz can't even offer what the private server did.