Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Not true, in my physics class I learned gravity is a form of institutionalized fat shaming
    A SJW would never use the word "institutionalized", they would use "systemic".

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    eh i have seen them used interchangeably pretty often

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    it actually bugs me that apparantely this teacher didn't know that hindu is not the same as buddhism and a muslim isn't the same thing as a sikh
    I know, it's amazing that all SJWs everywhere appointed her to represent them with her education level.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Dafuq is "genderqueer" anyway - and no I'm not googling it.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I would also like to point out that she's a spanish teacher and that form is not in spanish.
    ¿Cuánto privilegio tiene usted?

On a serious note.. I don't even get it. I mean, why is this even a "thing"? Especially in 7th/8th grade?

Those kids are probably too young, but would have been hilarious if someone had responded to her a la Dooley in King of the Hill: En Español, por favor. Suspension would have totally been worth it.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2016-04-07 at 06:18 PM.

Native American not included under race: Fail
    Alternative skin colors like pale, tan, olive, beige, and taupe not included under skin color: Fail
    Shinto/Baha'i/Zoroastrianism/Druidism/Tribal religions not listed: Fail
    "Frequent and vigorous" not an option under sex: Fail
    Ungendered/Omnigendered not options under gender: Fail
    Dendrophile not option under sexual orientation: Fail
    'Crippling Sense of Entitlement' not listed under disability: Fail

10+ Year Old Account
    Primarily because they mean two different things.

But hey, language majors are for losers right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Native American not included under race: Fail
    Alternative skin colors like pale, tan, olive, beige, and taupe not included under skin color: Fail
    Shinto/Baha'i/Zoroastrianism/Druidism/Tribal religions not listed: Fail
    "Frequent and vigorous" not an option under sex: Fail
    Ungendered/Omnigendered not options under gender: Fail
    Dendrophile not option under sexual orientation: Fail
    'Crippling Sense of Entitlement' not listed under disability: Fail
    i admit it took me till the 4th line to realize you where joking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Dafuq is "genderqueer" anyway - and no I'm not googling it.
    Anyone who doesn't identify as one of the two traditional genders.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Primarily because they mean two different things.

But hey, language majors are for losers right?
    Thats what i. . . . /facepalm . . . . never mind. .

7+ Year Old Account
    In a Spanish class? WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Anyone who doesn't identify as one of the two traditional genders.
    What does "queer" have to do with that description? I was under the impression queer was a slang for gays.

Where else is a person with a social "science" degree supposed to work. Seriously, they are un-hireable in 99% of other occupations, they bring absolutely nothing to the table. . . .
    Think I've seen you post in CS/E related threads. The general condescension towards the social sciences by many of MMO-C's science community seems very much misdirected. Economics and finance have very much been the frontier of high performance computing and optimization whether it be through the simplicity of linear optimization or parallelization and big data. The useless field of sociology? Well, that's at the front of graph theory.

Deleted
    So a moron teacher did something stupid and promptly got sacked for it.

I'm not sure this is exactly 'SJWs' taking over education.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    What does "queer" have to do with that description? I was under the impression queer was a slang for gays.
    'Queer' in the sense of 'outside of the traditional norm'.

Like 'I feel queer' in the sense of feeling strange.

Deleted
    Oh my god sack this teacher now.
    by the way the fuck has this to do with spanish?

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    i admit it took me till the 4th line to realize you where joking
    The last line is most certainly not a joke.

The whole thing just strikes me as absurd.
    "I'd like to promote a discussion about diversity and inclusivity. Now categorize yourself in accordance with my arbitrary selection of labels."
    "Shouldn't diversity be about breaking down barriers and finding common ground to foster a sense of community and.."
    "LABEL YOURSELF!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I got cancer after reading few articles on that website. Kids in america are doomed, and it may spread to the rest of the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Think I've seen you post in CS/E related threads. The general condescension towards the social sciences by many of MMO-C's science community seems very much misdirected. Economics and finance have very much been the frontier of high performance computing and optimization whether it be through the simplicity of linear optimization or parallelization and big data. The useless field of sociology? Well, that's at the front of graph theory.
    When I talk about Social Science, its in the context of a thread about SJWs, who use it as a crutch to prop up their madness.

To your reply, about the validity of sociology, I don't truly find it worthless. I do think of it more of a "collection of knowledge", like philosophy, than a scientific field like "Particle Physics". I think it has a long way to go.

Deleted
    Wow 7/7 im so privileged.