Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    That's weird, I remember so much shittalking about MoP. There was even a phrase when WoD hit and the problems became apparent - 'Still better than MoP'.
    I'm fairly certain the scale of MoP vs. WoD is much in favor of MoP, nowadays.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisderp View Post
    Also, It's not stolen, nothing has gone missing (unless you count Blizzard removing all the old content from the game).

No one should give a shit about private servers, especially Blizzard if they aren't willing to support old versions of the game. It isn't hurting anyone.
    Read up on intellectual property mate.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    No goal posts are being moved, blizzard encourages and is actively involved with selling gold, on Nostalrius that violates the terms of service and you can get banned. No reason to pretend that the two are the same here.
    Man, you're swinging and missing *a lot* today.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html

Ownership/Selling of the Account or Virtual Items.

Blizzard does not recognize the transfer of World of Warcraft Accounts or BNET Accounts (each an “Account”). You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void. Blizzard owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to all of the content that appears in the Game. You agree that you have no right or title in or to any such content, including without limitation the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in the Game, or any other attributes associated with any Account. Blizzard does not recognize any purported transfers of virtual property executed outside of the Game, or the purported sale, gift or trade in the “real world” of anything that appears or originates in the Game. Accordingly, you may not sell in-game items or currency for “real” money, or exchange those items or currency for value outside of the Game.
    Womp womp.

Nos is P2W.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    The biggest error blizzard ever done was make expansions and not stand alone games. I know vanilla Warcraft would be populated a long with BC and WOTLK, the rest would naturally be abanonded with single servers.

Wonder how many wrath babies would change there tune once they get a sip of the real Warcraft.
    Sorry to burst your fragile little bubble but I'm a vanilla baby, but thanks anyway for speaking for me.

Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    Don't try and move the goalposts.

You said no buying gold or P2W. I can go to http://nostalrius.net/ buy gold and win.

This is not an official website and Nostalrius used to ban thousands of Gold seller accounts

Blizz is pretty much obligated to its protect its IP, its perfectly reasonable to do what they did.

More to that, I suspect this was more of a last resort by Blizzard, would imagine theyve contacted the guys running it previously to ask them to take it down, and only went to the courts when they were ignored.

MoP was garbage, the spell system was fucked up beyond belief and the cross realm zones and LFR made the game not worth playing. Timeless isle was somewhat ok, that's why I said mid-MoP
    spell system no idea what you're on, LFR? people say LFR in mop was the best it's been, but i guess if you play for lfr, you didn't raid properly didn't bother with dailies, or reps.

Man, you're swinging and missing *a lot* today.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html
    Click on the shop button and there you go. I win lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Not as many as you think. I played from vanilla through wod and Wrath was more enjoyable.
    Wrath was easier = more enjoyable, but that doesn't make it a better game. I honestly think TBC was the sweet spot, difficult to level but not terrible. Dungeons were hard but not overly so. Social Aspect was in full swing still. The game grew the largest when it was consider more massively difficult. Yet, has completely tapered into almost obscurity when it's considered the easiest.

While it might be slightly disingenuous, because just different times. A thriving Vanilla server leads credence to the statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Damn right they care about THEIR money!
    As do most companies.

Maybe you should create your own mmorpg, and let people pirate the shit out of it, not like you'd care am I right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    Read up on intellectual property mate.
    Their legal rights aren't in question here.

Was funny reporting every Nos player on Twitch to Blizzard. Sending them Sodapoppin VODs with timestamps when he was talking about it.

Glad to see it was worthwhile.
    Disgusting sociopathic piece of human detritus, remove yourself from the gene pool before a woman dumber than you manages to squirt out a copy

What the fuck did you gain from this? You should eat curb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Glad you can talk for me. And other people in my shoes.
    Where did I talk for you?

Deleted
    The difference is you can and often do get banned. On the flip side, blizzard themselves are involved with the gold selling process and encourage it.
    Actually there encouraging gold farming and there being the middle man to a gold to money transaction as they dont make the gold the play does they just give game time and collect the real money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CapybaraSlayer View Post
    WoD != Vanilla. They are two completely different games at this point. Some people prefer the RPG elements of Vanilla WoW, it is all objective.
    Yeah that's all understandable especially since I also greatly miss all those RPG elements we used to have that Blizzard took out of the game. They made WoW less and less of an RPG as time went on and it annoyed the hell out of me, it still does but I don't dwell on it. As the game changes I change along with it. I adapt to my class changes I relearn how to play them and in the end I still have fun with it. Yeah it's really annoying having to do this almost every expansion because of Blizzard not knowing how they want their classes to play but it is what it is. I love this game. Have been with it since 2006 and I don't plan on ever quitting the game indefinitely until the servers finally officially go down. Changes to the game isn't going to make me quit because at it's core it's still a great game and I still enjoy the content the game offers.

When it comes down to it you either enjoy the game or hate it. If you enjoy it you'll continue playing despite the changes and if you hate it you'll quit and move on. Crying about how vanilla WoW is better than current WoW is like crying over spilt milk. What's done is done, we're never going back to those days so like I said people either have deal with it and adapt or they're going to have to quit and move on to something else if it bothers them that much. If you want to play on private servers that's fine but don't be surprised and throw a hissy fit if Blizzard finds them and closes them down.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-04-07 at 07:25 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    Disgusting sociopathic piece of human detritus, remove yourself from the gene pool before a woman dumber than you manages to squirt out a copy

This comment made my day, ty man ty!

Instantly getting to level 100 is clearly an advantage over having to level a toon to 100 through the standard means. You can go ahead and be dishonest with yourself by saying "that's not a big thing" lol, but you are not fooling anyone in the process. Ditto with the wow tokens for gold thing. The difficulty doesn't matter in this type of thing, you are still allowing people to get advantages over other players through financial transactions.
    I'll start by saying I don't like the fact we can buy a max level toon, never did. That being said... where exactly is the advantage? All you did was save some time. Maybe a week, maybe a few days. The guy playing the traditional way can still catch up to you easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post

This man has had it.

Calm down bucko, it's just an *illegal copy of a* video game.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

10+ Year Old Account
    After a small conversation with my girlfriend regarding this topic, she informed me of Runescape (yes I know) which seems to do something in a really nice way which makes a lot of players happy and keeps them occupied. This is purely an example and a different imput regarding the topic.
    The basic idea is that the people who want to play Oldschool Runescape (comparable to Vanilla WoW, Legacy WoW) have to subscribe to the main game. This gives them access to both the main game and OS Runescape. This means that the company doesn't lose any customers to private servers (which seems to be the fear of Blizzard in this case) and gives the players who subscribe a choice to either play the new game or to play the OS version.
    This means that there is not a subscription loss for the hosting company, and it makes your customers happy by giving them what they want/desire.
    This is of course only possible if the company in this case wants to put in the effort and resouces to make this happen as a long-term project, which is of course a risk, yet with the changing gaming-industry in mind this might be a good idea to keep people hooked to your game (whatever version you prefer).
    In no way or form this is a final idea or something I personally admire, but it would solve a lot of problems for the playerbase which in a lot of ways feels neglected/ignored on those aspects.
    The only "issue" which will have to be solved and kept track of, is how you implement everything and keep pushing out content on the "new" servers at the same pace as it currently stands, without losing too much profit (something Blizzard is hungry for).
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Propheteu View Post
    Actually there encouraging gold farming and there being the middle man to a gold to money transaction as they dont make the gold the play does they just give game time and collect the real money.
    market stabilization measures have not been disclosed and are key to the entire model.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.