Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    So you think sugar is ok because you need it for a chemical balance...but THC is bad for you because the endocannibinoid system is always perfectly balanced in everyone?

Makes perfect sense.
    What I think is I DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHAT YOU PUT IN YOUR BODY. But the majority of heavy cannabis users are do nothing layabout losers. The amount of people who use it for true medical purposes opposed to people who just want to use it for recreation are not even in the same league. Which I don't care, let em. But don't come in here with your psuedosciences and act like you're on a crusade for health.

You can't even say, "I don't like cannabis but I think people can do what they want with their body" without people like you getting butthurt. I am basically on your side, what the fuck more do you want? Oh poor buddy you have a self diagnosed condition that you use as an excuse to use weed because you like getting high. I could not give any less of a fuck as long as you can support your habit on your own.
    Last edited by The One Percent; 2016-04-07 at 07:36 PM.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Too many people in this thread who have no clue what they are talking about.

Well done, if I eat Chocolate everyday in quite heavy margins, I will be having serious health issues. Just like with anything, take it with moderation. A joint a week or weekends isn't going to ruin you or even offset your life goals.

Mix a addictive personality who is predispositioned to get addicted to something will cause problems.

Same for gaming, do it everyday, get addicted and it will impact your social lives, health and career. Not Rocket Science.

Moderation kids, moderation.
    Well, to be fair weed has extra health consequences beyond something like chocolate and gaming. No it's not as bad as harder stuff, but it does have an impact on the body beyond the other things you mention.

I could see an explanation of these results centered around "losers" start smoking weed, and weed smoking can then help keep someone in the "loser" category by throwing up uneccesary boundaries to getting out.

I find that a lot of pot smokers heavily defend the legalization behind half truthes and anecdote. There's also a very real way to keep pot illegal while lessening the issues of incarceration/punishment overload. Just decriminalize weed while keeping it illegal......keeps another substance to be abused out of society while removing the issue of overloaded prisons/cost of incarceration.
    Last edited by Kretan; 2016-04-07 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Explain alcohol to me then.
    I don't think his argument would change when it comes to alcohol.

Basically if you consume some sort of mind altering consumable willingly, at the core of the problem is some other issue.

lol at people on a wow forum calling other people losers

I was a loser before wow, and I was a loser before weed. Neither turned me into a loser.

I bet most people itt criticizing people with substance abuse problems haven't tried said substances for themselves. With that said, the research is garbage. Weed doesn't make you a loser.

I feel you can safely argue any activity not done in moderation, drugs or not, that inhibits your ability to handle your responsibilities, whatever they may be, can contribute to you being a "loser".

Video games, substance abuse, sexual acts, gambling. Basically you name it.

No big surprise, drugs and drug users fucking suck. I'll never understand why people do such stupidity to themselves.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    No big surprise, drugs and drug users fucking suck. I'll never understand why people do such stupidity to themselves.
    /lights up
    because it's fun. oh, and I'm not posting this from a cardboard box.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    lol at people on a wow forum calling other people losers

I was a loser before wow, and I was a loser before weed. Neither turned me into a loser.

I bet most people itt criticizing people with substance abuse problems haven't tried said substances for themselves. With that said, the research is garbage. Weed doesn't make you a loser.
    i think this is ultimately what it boils down to. losers make themselves losers. blaming a substance or video game or anything is just deflecting responsibility from yourself.

People get addicted to wow and lose their spouses and jobs and become losers in the same way that people get addicted to smoking pot and the same thing happens. then you have many successful productive people who can both smoke pot and play wow and not be losers.

terrible article is terrible

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    no way?! driving impaired contributed to more (fatal) crashes?! whoddathunkit?!

Not surprised as a former smoker who lit up everyday for several years. S*** makes your lazy as f***and kills your productivity. Ever talk to someone high as f***? They sound dumb as f***.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonatine185 View Post
    Not surprised as a former smoker who lit up everyday for several years. S*** makes your lazy as f***and kills your productivity. Ever talk to someone high as f***? They sound dumb as f***.
    When I was a wake and bake teenager all them years ago, my friend's mom would always make sure the candy dishes in the house were always full.

I may have been high as hell all the time, but I knew she knew. She was pretty cool like that. LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Sounds like you smoked with a lot of dumb people in general. Ever seen an intelligent person get high? It's a road trip.

And it doesn't even have to be intellect purely from academia. Stoner stories of amazing tales done by crazy people are pretty much a campfire experience. Weed is an amazing drug for connecting with people as well as allowing your body to relax and ease the pains away.

Atleast, that's how it is here up in Oregon. We just like people.

Edit: And yes, Weed is a drug. Just like acetaminophen, ibuprofen and caffine. The idea that it's a lazy person's motivation killer is just simply and absolutely unfounded.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2016-04-07 at 09:07 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

my dealer smokes his face off day in and day out, quit for a month to get a higher paying job, got it, now smokes again... its not the weed, its the habit forming.. habits.. of these people that make them losers. I will say, as someone who smoked weed for a prolonged period of time, being high helped me be O.K. with not doing anything. I never really wanted to push forward, was it the high? or was it that i was a loser to begin with? (i was a loser, let us not doubt that, before and after the maryj)
    There's also nothing stopping Blizzard from resurrecting both Arthas and Archimonde and turning them into super saiyans so that they can fuse and fight Sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Well that's because you're dumb as shit, drugs are fucking awesome. But hey, keep spewing shit, ignorance is wonderful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolascancer View Post
    my dealer smokes his face off day in and day out, quit for a month to get a higher paying job, got it, now smokes again... its not the weed, its the habit forming.. habits.. of these people that make them losers. I will say, as someone who smoked weed for a prolonged period of time, being high helped me be O.K. with not doing anything. I never really wanted to push forward, was it the high? or was it that i was a loser to begin with? (i was a loser, let us not doubt that, before and after the maryj)
    For me personally, weed always sparks my motivation forward. Though I try to smoke a sativa strain for productivity and then an indica for relaxation. Mixed strains are nice if you can get one you enjoy. Weed is a lot like wine, you're going to go through a lot of different tastes until you find the one you like.

Still, it does depend from person to person. I have a friend that gets headaches from smoking in general and can only have oils or edibles. Even then she doesn't like to get high that much and I can respect that. There's just a lot of misconception about weed and in general "stoner culture". You know?
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

I mean how many of you know people that light up to be more productive for work? Maybe 1 or none. Almost everyone lights up just to get high, socialize, be unproductive and lazy.

I mean how many of you know people that light up to be more productive for work? Maybe 1 or none. Almost everyone lights up just to get high, socialize, be unproductive and lazy.
    Well to be fair, if you consume pot (the same as alcohol) to a certain point you probably need it to function.

So it would sort of be a half truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    That entire train of logic is anecdotal at best and biased at worst.

You can't possibly know why someone is using weed. It could be reasons you couldn't even begin to understand. Besides, the reason someone consumes weed should not be what justifies it as a legitimate pain relief drug. (Among other uses.)

Edit: I'm just saying if weed was treated like alcohol, tabacco or opiates in America, there really wouldn't be this large of a "lazy stoner weed culture" vibe.

The last 80 years of negative PR from biased sources trying to stifle the product have not at all helped weeds case when it comes to being a household word, like any of the three mentioned above. There's too much stigma from the drug-free, god blessed, perfect nuclear family from the 50's for certain cultures in the country to actually break down and see what the drug does for them.

Long story short: Different cultures exist and like different things. Spreading misinformation about either is silly.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2016-04-07 at 09:46 PM.

Who cares? Are people not entitled to live their lives how they want so long as they're not harming someone else?

7+ Year Old Account
    Haha, most people are losers. It doesn't matter if you smoke or drink or are sober, most people are worthless human beings that don't do anything but exist. This forum is a good example.