Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    No because office 365 is a iteration.

WoD isn't an iteration of vanilla, it's a continuation.

Vanilla is in fact abandonware because there is no legal way to obtain or play it in itself.
    That is a bogus distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    probably 1 million.
    if your lucky 500k.
    but it would also take many years for them to recreate the code and have it mostly bug free.
    Far lower than that. Businesses absolutely scale with demand (which was part of the reason the first week of WoD went down as it did).

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguiris View Post
    I didn't play it but I'm pretty sure Nost had 150k active players and like 600k registered players. I could be wrong, and that's not counting the other pservers
    not high enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Far lower than that. Businesses absolutely scale with demand (which was part of the reason the first week of WoD went down as it did).
    this is blizzard.
    it has to be really high
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    That is a bogus distinction.
    How, if you are going to say that, you need to prove that it is.

The fact is there isn't a legal way to play that version of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    It is not a bad comparison its a perfectly good one and you've just completely contradicted yourself to your last post.
    If it's so good then why do most people prefer new video games over old ones? Your only argument is that a few diehards don't. Well too bad exceptions don't make a rule.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    Then you're essentially validating the lost sales argument. Meaning that Blizzard was well within their rights and concerns to shut down Nostalrius.

I simply find the lost sales argument unconvincing.
    We could go the criminal route then. You are using stolen merchandise. It's petty theft but still a crime. Now if you purchase the game your EULA prohibits connecting to servers not owned by Blizzard. So they could get you on an EULA violation and cancel your live account.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    Link to your mythic logs in which you don't communicate?
    Yep, cause thats totally relevant.. besides, unlike some people, I actually need that carrot on the stick to do hard stuff, even in games. An "exclusive" staff color just doesnt cut it for me, but give me a stick of doom that can 2 shot "noobies" as a reward and you Id sing a different tune about WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeden View Post
    The demand has never been higher OBVIOUSLY why do you keep pulling "information" out of your ass constantly? WoW is argubly in it's worse state ever (even lower sub numbers then vanilla) and the contentdraught is making the demand even more noticeable. I just dont understand how you come to your conclusions, i really dont.
    Fanboys will be fanboys man. You can't change them.

It's funny when Blizzard comes out and talks about how more resources are being dedicated to the game. The more resources they throw at it, the worse the subscriber count goes down. After the last announcement, they decided to not even report them.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    WoW is dead.
    For you lazy player of course, i mean 13$ is hard money! Moooom pliiis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    There are no old versions of the game. The current version is all there is. Maybe you're just not cut out for evolving MMO's.
    I think that the problem. I love vanilla too, I thought it was great, but I don't want to revisit it again.

People can't let go of the past. They are stuck in this time loop where all they know is Vanilla WoW. Compared to TBC and Wrath and MoP vanilla isn't that great. Of course thats always subjective, but I won't understand why outside of nostalgia why people like vanilla WoW? For me I liked vanilla WoW for nostalgia and nothing else and I can admit that.

It's like I miss being a kid but god help me I don't want to be a kid again lol
    Last edited by Orby; 2016-04-07 at 08:41 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    He didn't say that WoW was abandonware, he said that implementation of the game is, and he's correct. And if you don't want to pay for O365, and had already owned 2010, you're free to continue using it, so this isn't the best comparison.
    It's a far better comparison than anything that claims any part of WoW is abandonware.

You can't play 2.3 either, nor 3.4, and notbecause it's abandonware.

Quote Originally Posted by Embernetic View Post
    If anything the best solution here would have been Blizzard partnering up with the private server and allowing them to continue that way. It would require no additional funding from Blizzard (unless they wanted to expand the server) and it would give them positive PR which is only in their interest right now.

Seems like a wasted opportunity to me.
    Positive PR? Marketing a game blizz gets no money from? Is it good shit you're smoking, and can I have some?

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Nah mate, you've never played the real game.
    Retail WoW is the 'real WoW'. That's an objective truth. Luckily for the world, what is 'real' or not does not depend on your subjective opinion. Just because you don't like the game doesn't mean it any less 'the real one'.

7+ Year Old Account
    very good decision blizz. destroy pirates on all pservers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Still waiting for you to back up even one of your statements.
    has blizzard created classic servers? no
    INTEREST IS NOT HIGH ENOUGH FOR THEM TO CARE.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vradar View Post
    Yes because you can clear mythic or even heroic without communicating with players right? just because they added a shitty casual mode for bad anti social players doesn't mean the normal game no longer requires communication.

World PvP has been a joke since they made BG'S and usually involves people picking on the weaker players like bullies to feel good about themselves, BG'S/RBG's/Arena are a much more fun form of PvP that actually requires some form of skill.
    Oh, why the hell would I wanna do that? Its not "World of the most recent raid you should do for 12 months for absolutely no reason" after all.

Deleted
    Stop repeating yourself, tiny psevers have and never will be a threat to a trademark in a completely different country.
    Which is exactly why they closed Nost.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure it wasn't buggy, but having drastically less content than any other xpac and lasting longer than any other xpac because blizz was busy making legion isn't exactly great.
    All of those plus concurrent subs were lost when people realized that blizzard had basically given up on producing content.
    I'm still subscribed and raiding so I guess there's content?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    For you lazy player of course, i mean 13$ is hard money! Moooom pliiis.
    I seriously hope you understand that it isn't the 13 a month that made people quit WoW. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    It's a far better comparison than anything that claims any part of WoW is abandonware.

You can't play 2.3 either, nor 3.4, and notbecause it's abandonware.
    Then why can't I play them? Did blizzard abandon them?